Metal Storm logo
Norther - Calling It Quits

Finnish extreme power metal act Norther calls it a day and puts down their instruments.

The band left the following statement: "We hereby announce after a long and careful consideration that we have decided to quit Norther.

During the last year it has become clear that we are not able to tour or do shows as much as we would want to, this being due to members complicated and time consuming life situations. We have been forced to find session members and turn down too many gig offers. We simply cannot act as an active and working band and it is clear that these issues are not solved in the future. This is everything but an easy decision for all of us, but all this have taken the band to the point that pulling the plug is the right thing to do. There is no drama, this is a mutual decision and we all remain as good friends. The last show of Norther will be on the 10th of August at Brutal Assault Festival 2012 (CZ).

However, most of us will continue in other bands: Jukka in Wintersun and Amberian Dawn, Aleksi in Medicated and ASXX, Daniel in Naildown, Heikki in Naildown, Tuoni and Amberian Dawn, and Kristian in his solo project.

Norther would like to thank especially our FANS, friends and partners for their support for the past 12 years. Also great hails goes to Tomi Luoma, our ex-members Toni Hallio and Petri Lindroos, and producer Anssi Kippo for their contribution. It has been one hell of a ride and together we shared truly unforgettable moments!!"

Source: norther.net
Band profile: Norther
Posted: 24.07.2012 by Rock_Dropper

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 49   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 491 users
24.07.2012 - 23:58
JÄY
Metal slave
Best idea theyve had in years
25.07.2012 - 00:05
Azoic
Account deleted
And nothing of value was lost.
25.07.2012 - 00:09
kaspair

Their last album wasn't good at all so I don't really care.
----
Last FM
25.07.2012 - 00:18
Uldreth

From one point of view it's a shame since I used to really like these guys but their last album was total shite and they've been going downhill for a long while so I guess this is best option to leave with a mostly worthy legacy.
25.07.2012 - 00:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Yes, good news
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.07.2012 - 00:22
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
FINALLY!

Actually I haven't even really heard them, so no big loss
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.07.2012 - 00:26
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.07.2012 at 00:20

Yes, good news

Yeah, indeed. The band main guitar player has been too busy selling diabetes products too tour. http://www.mendor.com/en/Company.aspx scroll down.
25.07.2012 - 00:28
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Probably the best news in 2012 I was worried they'd come up with more shitty albums, but at least they had a bit of honor left
25.07.2012 - 00:48
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Good! first three albums were pretty decent but even then they were always B-grade Extreme Power. Best thing to come out of Norther was definitely Petri and the greatest moment was his full transition to Ensiferum lol.

Sad but True.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
25.07.2012 - 00:51
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Guest on 25.07.2012 at 00:26

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.07.2012 at 00:20

Yes, good news

Yeah, indeed. The band main guitar player has been too busy selling diabetes products too tour. http://www.mendor.com/en/Company.aspx scroll down.

Holy shit! hes the fuckn CEO, wow. In the US you could never land a job as a CEO if you were in a band like Norther. Thats just crazy
----
pewpew.. gotcha
25.07.2012 - 01:16
RavenKing

Not a big loss for sure.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
25.07.2012 - 01:27
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
...and not a single fuck was given that day.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.07.2012 - 01:31
Sir Thrashalot

Norther was doomed the day Petri left the band. Shame because i used to love this band, but the last album was TERRIBLE ! in more ways than i can explain, so unfortunately, they got what was coming to them.
25.07.2012 - 01:33
Until the End

They made some great metal back in the day. Unfortunately it didn't last.
25.07.2012 - 02:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good news for flower metal haters !!!! we won !!!
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.07.2012 - 02:07
Urizen367

All the original members left before this "split" was announced. doesnt that somewhat imply, Norther has been split for sometime??
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
25.07.2012 - 02:25
Litvin

The early Nother days was amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjEXb5hKRek

But Nother was already dead when Petri Lindroos leave the band. So this news wasn't make me sad because true-real Nother was already dead long ago...
25.07.2012 - 02:35
Jiri

Aw, everyone has already covered everything I was going to say! Poor Norther. Absolutely NO love. I will attach a sad smilie for them even though I also hated them
25.07.2012 - 03:05
meadow

They werent all that great even from the beginning bodom ripoff
25.07.2012 - 03:19

Account deleted
They swallowed their pride and did the right thing.
25.07.2012 - 03:32
strade

The world is now a slightly better place.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
25.07.2012 - 03:32
MetalDoomMaster

I always thought that this band was the epitome of mediocrity. Nothing about them was actually good, and it didn't seem to be getting better. Good choice by the band.
25.07.2012 - 03:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Damn, no more Nickelback on Metal Storm.

I guess we still have Baroness.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.07.2012 - 04:16
Stabby
Account deleted
Norther with Petri had better vocals than Bodom. I liked their older albums. What am I supposed to do if I like Bodom but have listened to all of their albums enough? Listen to a Bodom rip-off, duh.

But yeah, meh on this one. It's so nice to see a Metalstorm consensus. Usually news like this polarizes people but not this time. -group hug-*

*very very metal group hug
25.07.2012 - 05:33
Until the End

The early albums are as good as, if not better, than the early Bodom albums. What they both have in common is that quickly fell into the pit of shit not long after.
25.07.2012 - 05:39
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Hmmm, I haven't heard their work in a few years now (since N), but I honestly thought they were doing good. I guess I was wrong.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
25.07.2012 - 07:08
Void Eater
Account deleted
Never listened to this band, but I thought that they were pretty well liked on Metalstorm. Surprised to see everybody so stoked on them quitting.
25.07.2012 - 09:47
swatata

After Petri left the band it was known to anyone that it would be a disaster.I hope they can continue working well with their other projects
25.07.2012 - 10:27
metal2000

WHAT, I can't believe it, I really liked this band, maybe in the future Petri will rejoin the band. who knows.
25.07.2012 - 10:50
Janne
Hugin
This band is dead since Petri left them.. so this is not a big change
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-

Hits total: 7305 | This month: 11