Metal Storm logo
London 2012 Olympics

Original post

Posted by Koen Smits, 27.07.2012 - 18:41
Here you can discuss every minute of the 2012 London Summer Olympics.
12.08.2012 - 15:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 12.08.2012 at 15:48

I wouldn't compare those two countries since Slovakia came from a big ice hockey thing called Czechoslovakia, whereas The Netherlands comes from...

...exactly... the Netherlands, big in ice speed skating, but that's it when it comes to ice
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.08.2012 - 18:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.08.2012 at 15:33

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.08.2012 at 10:39
Btw why I said that to K7 is that he said that he knew the clock ticks back during an ice hockey match.

Which isn't even always the case. In international competition the clock starts at 00:00 and stops at 20:00 for each period. Not to get off-topic, just thought I'd point that out.

And you're right about the Netherlands never getting very far in terms of ice hockey, although teams like that start out small and work their way up with a good development program. Slovakia is a good example of that.

You mean Slovenia
Suisse is better, Denmark, Norwat
Cheoslavakia when it split up Czech rep and Slovakia, Cz like CSSR legacy get all higher places, same like USSR broke, Russia get all, small nations start frtom top
Latvia hockey in 1993 wemt to groop B and to A 1th year was 1997 Helsinki, Turku WC and it was werry close to medals, (Rugny was same Russia get WC place, but Georgia and Latvia protest and there was qualification and Georgia won all) so Slovakia has great traditions , weeker hwo Cz yes lil but still

In Swe it calls hockey but offical TV guide its written hockey , same Finland, Russia. latvia, hmm

Beck on topic: I dont wanna go beck there way to fuck up handball final, Im agry ,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.08.2012 - 20:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 12.08.2012 at 18:46
You mean Slovenia

No, I meant Slovakia.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.08.2012 - 20:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.08.2012 at 20:23

Written by Bad English on 12.08.2012 at 18:46
You mean Slovenia

No, I meant Slovakia.

Slovakia ha straditions from Cehoslvakia days in all sports only now they are weeker each team sport are weeker how Cz and level inb each team sports are much weeker ,
----

apos;'
[image]
12.08.2012 - 22:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
trust the Dutch tv to find a way to make The Netherlands come out on top of these Olympics.

Most medals per square kilometre and we're apparently number and HUngary 2nd and Belgium 3de
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.08.2012 - 23:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.08.2012 at 22:57
:lol: trust the Dutch tv to find a way to make The Netherlands come out on top of these Olympics.

Our bias over here is quite apparent as well. By the way our announcers laud our efforts you'd think we're the only country winning medals, or even competing for that matter. And some of the news sites that report only Canadian victories and triumphs... after reading an article for the day, I'm left thinking we've somehow managed to break into the top five. Unfortunately they failed to mention how the US and China quadrupled our effort and pretty much every other country ahead of us doubled our earnings.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.08.2012 - 00:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.08.2012 at 23:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.08.2012 at 22:57
:lol: trust the Dutch tv to find a way to make The Netherlands come out on top of these Olympics.

Our bias over here is quite apparent as well. By the way our announcers laud our efforts you'd think we're the only country winning medals, or even competing for that matter. And some of the news sites that report only Canadian victories and triumphs... after reading an article for the day, I'm left thinking we've somehow managed to break into the top five. Unfortunately they failed to mention how the US and China quadrupled our effort and pretty much every other country ahead of us doubled our earnings.

I just had to check whay place you guys came in and lo and behold that was...

36th

with

1 gold

5 silver

12 bronze

total of 18 medals.

Shame for you ranking is made up based on the number of golds and not the total number of medals.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.08.2012 - 00:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.08.2012 at 00:05
1 gold

I imagine we apologized profusely to competing countries for beating them that time around. As an overly polite nation I like to think we're spinelessly conceding to the opposition.

"Sorry! After you, sir." - every Canadian sprinter
----
18.11.2015 - 12:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Anywhere I can see that movie what Ger TV broadcasted about Russia track n field athletic '
IAAF also needs be cleaned up, FIFA and UFA already starting to be under lazer, also Ger gave bribes about WC in Ger , but what you can do now, FIFA lost compotance. All sport are fucked, we need more things like this, nice we clean up --- West Germany, USSR .. doping kings all knows that
Russia seems be banned, depends, but athlets who are clean, can start under free atlteh flag or what the hack it calls
----

apos;'
[image]