Metal Storm logo
Your favorite song to play on guitar (and why!)

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 16.11.2006 - 16:58
the title says it all
in my case it's phantom of the opera by maiden(the best song out of the ones i know to play on guitar,it's just breathtaking), eramaarjavi by nightwish(fantastic melody), breaking the law by priest(:banger:), el mariachi(melancholic and catchy), and seasons in the abyss by slayer(recomended for guys who wanna become shredders)
so....what do you like to play on the guitar?
19.02.2010 - 04:29
whatsacow

Its not metal, but ocean - john butler trio: fucking fast as
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
02.07.2010 - 06:44
MetalFist
Account deleted
Iron Man - Black Sabbath, simple and awesome.
03.07.2010 - 01:49
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
'Over the Wall' by Testament .. it fucks me up to play it but i enjoy it as hell
Kreator's 'Reconquering the Throne' is a fav. too (and way easier to play, it just makes my arm sore from all the fast picking)
mmm.. and i have to add 'Davidian' by Machine Head .. groove at its best !!
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
06.07.2010 - 08:37
the stranger

This is really easy. Time by Pink Floyd. Just to play that solo is fucking amazing. I've played only the solo for more than an hour. And I can't get bored with it.
06.07.2010 - 14:47
Don Martin
le fu-
Death's Forgotten Past, it's just so fucking catchy! Chuck has great riffs, though I immensely fuck up on the fast picking parts, gotta work on that!
----
What a tackastrophe!
09.07.2010 - 19:54
moe5512

Well i usually have periods (not that kind of periods ) of what my favorite song to play is. right now it is hate me by bodom
31.07.2010 - 19:58
Sangre Sani

I really enjoy playing Seek & Destroy. It's easy and damn fun to play.
13.08.2010 - 12:44
tobm

I love to play John Butler Trio - Zebra....just grooves
and Down - Stone the Crow

14.08.2010 - 08:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by moe5512 on 09.07.2010 at 19:54

Well i usually have periods (not that kind of periods ) of what my favorite song to play is. right now it is hate me by bodom

I think we could have guessed that...

As for my answer to this poll, I love playing too many songs to narrow it down to just one. xD
14.08.2010 - 08:40
whatsacow

Erotomania - Dream Theater: Hard but reawarding. And its got a kick ass lick.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
14.08.2010 - 08:40
whatsacow

Erotomania - Dream Theater: Hard but reawarding. And its got a kick ass lick.
----
16.08.2010 - 07:07
DemonofDarkness
Account deleted
Mayhem - Freezing Moon : Easy , catchy and really dark
17.08.2010 - 17:52
warrior_of_ice

Currently: AMORAL- showdown. It has some heavy ass rhythms and interesting chord progressions.
20.10.2010 - 11:40
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Dream Theater - Panic Attack...super amazing solid riffs, fast but not impossible (I'm not talking about the guitar solo heheh) makes you feel HYPED when the time signature suddenly changes...OMG I'm going to play it now
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
13.11.2010 - 13:43
whatsacow

Piece of time - Atheist

It feels good to be able to play something that chaotic. Changing riffs and rythms constantly, and that guitar solo if fun to play. Not the hardest, but just great fun.
----
08.12.2010 - 22:43
Diplomat

Heartbreaker - Zeppelin. I just love the riffs.
09.12.2010 - 16:20
ANGEL REAPER

War -Burzum.... Man this thing bursts with energy.plus,its easy to play!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.02.2011 - 13:28
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Monoral - Kiri. I am keyboard player and not that good with a guitar, so I can only play simpler songs like that one. But it's a damn good pop rock masterpiece.
22.02.2011 - 12:52
InnerSelf
proofread free
Without a doubt The Snow in My Hands-My Dying Bride .... I always start headbanging when I reach the half point of the song
I even did an acoustic cover of the song so I can play it on my acoustic guitar
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
24.03.2011 - 01:11
SODOM666

Mayhem-Freezing Moon. One of the first songs I learned on electric and still my favorite to play.
----
Wendy's frostys are "black metal."
24.03.2011 - 17:05
Yasmine

Long list for me, I like to tinker a lot.

Judas Priest - Painkiller
Yngwie Malmsteen - Black Star
Joe Satriani - Crushing Day
Death - Symbolic
Hammerfall - Legacy of Kings.
Jag Panzer - Shadow Thief
King Diamond - Sleepless Nights
Mystic Force - Idiosyncrasy
and Misanthrope - Revisionist

Of course now I forget most of those, so that's the song I've enjoyed learning and playing since I started playing.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
24.03.2011 - 19:53
MetalSpider

I love playing Amon Amarth songs on my guitar. Even if my guitar sounds like absolute garbage.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
24.03.2011 - 20:15
Yasmine

Written by MetalSpider on 24.03.2011 at 19:53

I love playing Amon Amarth songs on my guitar. Even if my guitar sounds like absolute garbage.

Upgrade to a real guitar, and Unleashed songs, then you'll be jammin'. lol What are you playing on now?
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
24.03.2011 - 22:03
MetalSpider

I love Unleashed...I got to learn some of that too.

I have...and don't laugh lol ...a Squier Strat. Ive had it for years. I'm a drummer, but I like to play guitar once in a while, more for just at home and for fun. So I never really bothered to upgrade. But now with my guitar and how it sounds I'm a little uninspired lol.
----

25.03.2011 - 23:20
Yasmine

Written by MetalSpider on 24.03.2011 at 22:03

I have...and don't laugh lol ...a Squier Strat. Ive had it for years. I'm a drummer, but I like to play guitar once in a while, more for just at home and for fun. So I never really bothered to upgrade. But now with my guitar and how it sounds I'm a little uninspired lol.

I posted a pic of my gear, well some of it in the Equipment thread. I also really like Unleashed, if you need help knowing where to go with learning, etc I can try to help. I should post something on here sometime and see if I can't get at least 4-6 of us brainstorming if not doing more.
----
25.03.2011 - 23:36
MetalSpider

Written by Yasmine on 25.03.2011 at 23:20

Written by MetalSpider on 24.03.2011 at 22:03

I posted a pic of my gear, well some of it in the Equipment thread. I also really like Unleashed, if you need help knowing where to go with learning, etc I can try to help. I should post something on here sometime and see if I can't get at least 4-6 of us brainstorming if not doing more.

Thats cool...i'll check it out. Well, so far Ive only played guitar just for fun. I'd just try to learn some songs, mainly Amon Amarth, some Ensiferum, Moonsorrow and stuff like that. And I can play it pretty well since I used to play piano.

If you have tips on learning, Im definitely open to that. I wouldn't mind getting better lol...just for fun. Like I said, Ive been playing for 5-6 years, but just on and off and usually the same old songs. Ive done it more for stress relief I guess.
----

26.03.2011 - 03:59
wormdrink414

"Walk With Me in Hell" by Lamb of God. I really don't like LoG or that song but... well I can play that song.
06.05.2011 - 09:06
Blair

Well I like the play the songs the names of these are as follow . I love to play these songs a lot because Both are nice and full of entertainment .

Falling for you
Why Bother
06.05.2011 - 11:15
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by iMPERiAL_iCE on 20.10.2010 at 11:40

Dream Theater - Panic Attack...super amazing solid riffs, fast but not impossible (I'm not talking about the guitar solo heheh) makes you feel HYPED when the time signature suddenly changes...OMG I'm going to play it now

That is indeed a good song to play. I love to play it myself.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.05.2011 - 23:09
ANGEL REAPER

Now my favorite song is Immortal-Blashyrkh(Mighty Ravendark) from Battles on the North album....
I like the power that that song have when you play it......
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"