Metal Storm logo
Obsidian - Call It Quits

What's with the sudden trend of bands calling it a day? Now it's Obsidian's turn. The Dutch progressive death metallers announced today that the band is no more, mostly due to lack of energy and creative inspiration. The band released two albums: Emerging (2007) and Point Of Infinity (2010).

Here is the band's full statement: "Sad but inevitable news from Obsidian. After more than a year of searching for inspiration and energy to re-ignite the metal machine, the oil would not flow anymore. After our latest release Point Of Infinity we noticed that our musical focus had shifted. We thought about (and tried) changing our direction, creating a new set list. Basically to start over again. But we could not find the energy needed to pull something like this off. Individually we still spend a lot of time in making music, so our creative hearts won't stop beating, although it might not be for the same genre in some cases."

"So, from the more than a few bands called Obsidian, there will be one less. We hope that people have enjoyed the music we brought out and urge people to not harm themselves in light of this new perspective of a world without Obsidian. We want to thank everybody who helped Obsidian directly or by just making wind by hair to our music."

You can follow Obsidian's band members via: Anatomy Of I, Cilice, Disavowed, Space Flakes, Tangent, and The Fiber.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Obsidian
Posted: 28.07.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 88 users
28.07.2012 - 21:42
Zap
Quote:
due to lack of energy and creative inspiration

I don't know the band, but it's better that they quit instead of releasing uninspired crap year after year like a lot of bands.
28.07.2012 - 22:29
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
They weren't that great anyway...Glad they quit, I shall consider this as good news, same as I did with Norther.
29.07.2012 - 04:00
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Guest on 28.07.2012 at 22:29

They weren't that great anyway...Glad they quit, I shall consider this as good news, same as I did with Norther.
Point Of Infinity is way better than anything Norther had released =/
----
loves 小巫
29.07.2012 - 06:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
The most surprising thing about this is that Marcel considers their debut to be an 8.8/10.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.07.2012 - 06:51
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.07.2012 at 06:36

The most surprising thing about this is that Marcel considers their debut to be an 8.8/10.

The biggest surprise I've ever had on this site is finding out Marcel likes Parkway Drive.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.07.2012 - 20:58
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Quote:
Quote:

Point Of Infinity is way better than anything Norther had released =/

Indeed. I think it was you that staff picked it. Really good album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.07.2012 - 07:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.07.2012 at 06:36

In retrospect that would be 0.8 too high
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2372 | This month: 5