Metal Storm logo
Album listing not in correct chronological order in Collection

‹‹ Back to Bugs
29.07.2012 - 05:02
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Not a big deal - only noticed it today - but in my album Collection the listing of Black Sabbath albums has Paranoid before Black Sabbath. Both were released in 1970 but the self-titled comes first. Call me anal and tell me to F&rk off for being pedantic, I don't mind. Just thought I'd mention it becuase it bugged me a little bit.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
29.07.2012 - 13:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Ace Frawley on 29.07.2012 at 05:02

Not a big deal - only noticed it today - but in my album Collection the listing of Black Sabbath albums has Paranoid before Black Sabbath. Both were released in 1970 but the self-titled comes first. Call me anal and tell me to F&rk off for being pedantic, I don't mind. Just thought I'd mention it becuase it bugged me a little bit.

That's weird because if you look at the bnad profile's detailed discography Black Sabbath comes before Paranoid, as it should be.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.07.2012 - 15:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.07.2012 at 13:59
That's weird because if you look at the bnad profile's detailed discography Black Sabbath comes before Paranoid, as it should be.

Ya they're even dated properly. I think Ivan set it up so that albums that share the same year (in this case, 1970) appear alphabetically, since he probably didn't set it to be organized by month/date.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.07.2012 - 22:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.07.2012 at 15:07

Ya they're even dated properly. I think Ivan set it up so that albums that share the same year (in this case, 1970) appear alphabetically, since he probably didn't set it to be organized by month/date.

But then Black Sabbath would still come before Paranoid.
----
29.07.2012 - 22:28
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Warman on 29.07.2012 at 22:27
But then Black Sabbath would still come before Paranoid.

Maybe reverse alphabetical order then?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.07.2012 - 23:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.07.2012 at 22:28

Maybe reverse alphabetical order then?

Sure, sounds reasonable.
----
30.07.2012 - 01:19
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Thanks for the suggestion - I deleted the two albums from my Collection, then re-added them by ticking them in the album listing (rather than doing it manually and possibly making a mistake) and they still appear in the wrong order. Not sure what is going on here?

Addendum: hang on, I just went and had another look and they are in the right order now. F&rk - thank g0d for that! Everything is good in the world again. I can get on with my life! Thanks guys.
----
30.07.2012 - 16:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Ace Frawley on 30.07.2012 at 01:19

Addendum: hang on, I just went and had another look and they are in the right order now. F&rk - thank g0d for that! Everything is good in the world again. I can get on with my life! Thanks guys.

Could it be then that the albums just turn up in a random order when released the same year?
----
31.07.2012 - 13:33
Ivan
Retired Admin
elite
Written by Ace Frawley on 29.07.2012 at 05:02

Fixed. Now releases arrange chronologically if they have month entered.
31.07.2012 - 13:44
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Ivan on 31.07.2012 at 13:33

Fixed. Now releases arrange chronologically if they have month entered.

Thanks Ivan, much appreciated.
----