Metal Storm logo
Anthrax - Drummer Arrested For Domestic Battery

Anthrax's drummer Charlie Benante was reportedly arrested this last Friday night on domestic battery in front of a child. Benante and wife were allegedly arrested at the Hilton Garden Inn in Elkhart Indiana after arguing in front of their daughter, age 6.

According to a local report from WSBT.com, the two were arrested and picked up at the Hilton Garden Inn and both were subsequently released from jail the next day. Benante's booking form shows a court date set for this Friday, Aug. 3rd.

Anthrax is currently on the road as part of Mayhem Festival. Benante missed the first few weeks of the tour due to a hand injury, with Shadows Fall drummer Jason Bittner filling in.

There has been no official comment from Charlie Benante or Anthrax regarding the arrest so far.

Source: loudwire.com
Band profile: Anthrax
Posted: 30.07.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 44   Visited by: 264 users
31.07.2012 - 13:24
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Well, at least if he needs more time off they've got a very capable stand-in drummer in Jason Bittner. Not sure whether Shadows Fall want him back or not for their touring?
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
31.07.2012 - 16:47
D.T. Metal

Written by Guest on 30.07.2012 at 23:53

I wonder what his wife did to deserve it?

Apparently nothing, since SHE was the one who assaulted him
01.08.2012 - 10:39
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by D.T. Metal on 31.07.2012 at 16:47

Written by Guest on 30.07.2012 at 23:53

I wonder what his wife did to deserve it?

Apparently nothing, since SHE was the one who assaulted him

Yeah, that kind of ruins my joke. Also disappointed that nobody got angry over assuming that the women was in the wrong. So much failure on my part.
01.08.2012 - 16:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 01.08.2012 at 10:39
So much failure on my part.

Regulars here probably know you too well as the resident troll, especially now that vezzy hardly posts here. You've become predictable. :/
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.08.2012 - 00:40
Butters49

Written by Angelic Storm on 31.07.2012 at 07:06

Statement from Charlie's lawyer:

"Last Friday night [July 27], Charlie Benante, drummer for the rock band ANTHRAX, was assaulted several times during an altercation that sent him to the emergency room with a gash at the back of his head that required several staples to close.

"Mr. Benante and his six-year-old daughter, Mia, had traveled to Elkart, Indiana to meet Mrs. Benante and her 17-year-old son, who was participating in a weekend baseball series. At some point, words were exchanged between Mr. Benante, Mrs. Benante and her male companion that led to a scuffle. Mrs. Benante hit Mr. Benante in the face, he pushed her away, and as he turned around to leave with Mia, Mrs. Benante assaulted him from behind, hitting him multiple times on the back of his head with a cell phone. Police were called, and both Mr. Benante and Mrs. Benante were detained for domestic battery in front of a child. Mr. Benante is understandably distraught by this incident and that his daughter, who he dotes on, witnessed it.

"Mr. Benante will appear in Elkhart County court this Friday, August 3, and we expect complete vindication."

so its his crazy ass wifes fault
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
02.08.2012 - 04:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I don't know how i missed this hahahaha

CHARLIE BENANTE IS THE LAW!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.08.2012 - 13:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Butters49 on 02.08.2012 at 00:40
so its his crazy ass wifes fault

If the above statement is true, then it would appear so.

I have to say, what is known about the incident so far does seem to indicate that his wife was the aggressor, and it was her who assaulted Charlie. As if it had been the other way around, only Charlie would have been arrested. Also, in the police mug shots, Charlie clearly shows visible signs of injury, whereas his wife shows no signs of injury whatsoever. Shame that the headline is "drummer arrested for domestic battery", when all the evidence so far appears to point to his wife being the one doing the battery. But in these types of incidences, the man is always the one who is suspected of being the guilty party, which is a shame, as these days many women are violent to their partners. Males aren't the sole purpetrators of this crime anymore.
02.08.2012 - 13:47
Big-Al

----

I drink moosepiss
02.08.2012 - 20:57
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
Why in the hell would someone get arrested for arguing???
02.08.2012 - 22:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Why the hell would someone get arrested for being beaten up by his wife? Just because it was in front of the kid, that is totally stupid.

As if kids are so goddamned special no they are not, they are total nuisances and annoyances
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.08.2012 - 23:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.08.2012 at 22:21
Why the hell would someone get arrested for being beaten up by his wife?

Almost every reported case of domestic abuse results in at least an arrest.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.08.2012 - 23:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.08.2012 at 23:23

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.08.2012 at 22:21
Why the hell would someone get arrested for being beaten up by his wife?

Almost every reported case of domestic abuse results in at least an arrest.

yes but not the one who has been beat up. And here it specifically states "in front of a child" or something along those lines.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.08.2012 - 23:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.08.2012 at 23:24
yes but not the one who has been beat up. And here it specifically states "in front of a child" or something along those lines.

I'm not sure about the law in the Netherlands, but here both parties are usually at least taken to jail. Once they go through processing there, the victim will usually be let go and given the opportunity to press charges. Of course, with a child there I'm sure the authorities took the matter more seriously, as there could be potential for child abuse in the situation.
----
10.09.2012 - 23:53
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Goddamn, my parents should have been thrown in jail over a hundred hundred times then.

Hits total: 5029 | This month: 10