Metal Storm logo
'Ethical' Hacking?

01.08.2012 - 01:42
Sync
Account deleted
Want to hear your opinions on if 'Ethical' Hacking actually exists - considering the recent massive rise in publicity surrounding this concept - and if you're in favour of this, or that all forms of Hacking is wrong.
01.08.2012 - 02:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.08.2012 at 02:17

A doctor can amputate one's leg. The doctor can do it for good reasons or for bad reasons.

Trolling, right?
01.08.2012 - 02:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.08.2012 at 02:23

Well, you can use hacking for cracking or fighting against cracking, so no?

Hacking for cracking?!

You've lost me again.

You were talking in a metaphor before, right?
01.08.2012 - 02:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.08.2012 at 02:32

That was a sideshow joke, but hackers claim they are the 'good guys/girls' and have named the evil boys/gals as 'crackers'.

Indeed, though I thought hacking and cracking were two different things. Isn't breaking into a website cracking, and something else hacking, something to do with programs maybe?
01.08.2012 - 02:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.08.2012 at 02:36

I think it's just hacking = good purposes, cracking = bad purposes

Ah, but where is the line drawn etc yada yada morals.
01.08.2012 - 02:43
Lit.
Account deleted
I'm trying to figure out how to do that for a guy named BieberBabyBopper. He's spread his blasphemous lunacy for too long!
Just can't figure out his damn password... or email.
01.08.2012 - 09:37
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 01.08.2012 at 02:36

Written by Guest on 01.08.2012 at 02:34

Indeed, though I thought hacking and cracking were two different things. Isn't breaking into a website cracking, and something else hacking, something to do with programs maybe?

I think it's just hacking = good purposes,

Hacking bank's website is not a good purpose indeed.
01.08.2012 - 21:31
brake.b

The Certified Ethical Hacker is a professional certification provided by the International Council of E-Commerce Consultants. An ethical hacker is a computer and network expert who attacks a security system on behalf of its owners, seeking vulnerabilities that a malicious hacker could exploit. Thanks for sharing the informative post.
02.08.2012 - 16:44
Mattybu

I'm for most forms of hacking. Once you start cracking you're reaching a certain territory and by the point you're smacking things have gotten real. Doing crack and/or smack while hacking, cracking, smacking and/or tracking is particularly not advisable, due to canines being trained for tracking to cut down on smacking/crack. That's why you don't do smack at the crack of dawn.

In all seriousness, "messing with other people's computers shit" (I assume this is the official definition of hacking) is fine by me if the results don't lead to serious distress on one person's behalf, so... Ethical hacking is okay I suppose (I assume the world ethical means this type of hacking does not include infiltrating childrens websites and changing every link to goatse).
03.08.2012 - 05:58
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
Who cares? Hack whatever you want if only you want to though. Cause a little chaos and make the world a little more interesting.
03.08.2012 - 14:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by RottingDeathHead on 03.08.2012 at 05:58
Who cares? Hack whatever you want if only you want to though.

Suddenly your computer is hacked and all your personal information shared online.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.08.2012 - 15:01
Baz Anderson

Brake.b is right, ethical hackers are employed to test a system's security/sturdiness. So yes, they exist.