Metal Storm logo
Imaginary Flying Machines

01.08.2012 - 21:14
CyberSymphony
Ollie
This side project was set up by Disarmonia Mundi front-man Ettore Rigotti to create 'a new musical dimension' of the soundtracks from the Japanese animated films by Studio Ghibli. Bands such as Blood Stain Child, Living Corpse, Destrage and female vocalists Yoko Hallelujah and Sophia Aslanidou (ex-Blood Stain Child) have added their contribution in this project.

The project aims to be heavy, aggressive and melodic, but without losing the magical atmosphere from the original songs.
So far the project has released two albums, Princess Ghibli (2011) and Princess Ghibli II (2012).

01.08.2012 - 22:52
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
This should be in it's respective genre area i.e if it's black metal, it should be in the extreme section, or if it's stoner it should be in the Alternative section etc.

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.08.2012 - 01:26
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
What is it? fuck if i know.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.08.2012 - 01:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The tags of this suggest it's melodeath so should go in the melodic metal forum.
05.08.2012 - 00:54
Killa Cary

Yes! This is cool. I have the first one. I was beginning to feel isolated by my own interests, but I'm glad someone else likes this!

To expand on the first post, these projects are done by bands on Rigotti's label (Coroner Records) and they put a melo-death twist on the themes
of the classic animations done by Studio Ghibli (Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Ponyo, etc...). For that reason it's mostly in Japanese, but still a cool listen. Especially if you're a fan
of Blood Stain Child/Destrage/Disarmonia Mundi, like I am.
05.08.2012 - 20:13
Necrox

The first album is how I discovered Destrage. Check them out people!