Metal Storm logo
Negative emotion.

Poll

Which (so called) negative-emotion do you feel the most?

Depression
Frustration
Anger
Other
Vulnerable
Regret
Envy
Guilt
Shame

Total votes: 43
05.08.2012 - 17:46
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
I have to go with Depression. I dont like the way my life is going on. I do get frustration and anger and envy other times but the more dominant emotion has to be depression.
06.08.2012 - 01:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
All , all I feel all and many cases all together
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.08.2012 - 02:18
Druss
''Non-metalheads'' also call what I listen to ''devil music'', case in point, my older sis and brothers

Like Bad English said, you feel all, if I was to answer today, I might say angry, 'cus I've been pissed all day lol. For the most part, I probably feel depressed, or regretful, or self-conscious (not quite sure what to categorize the last under).

But I'm only a moany bitch, so what do I know
06.08.2012 - 04:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Honestly I try to avoid focusing on negativity, but I suppose self-deprecation (more or less a combination of a few options in this poll) would be the most adamant. I hate my body and a lot of things about my personality - all of which I'm working on (and have been for quite some time).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.08.2012 - 05:56
Thrashette
I've probably had times where depression would be the answer to this question, but right now? Probably frustration... Just because most of the things stressing me out lately have to do with other people or factors outside of my control but still related to me enough that I feel like I should do something and not give up. It makes me feel like there's too many problems that I can't even imagine a solution to.

Most of the others don't phase me much. I get over guilt and shame pretty quickly and easily, and I see no point in regretting what can't be fixed or envying someone else... Anger and depression seem to go hand in hand with me though.
06.08.2012 - 07:47
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.08.2012 at 01:59

All , all I feel all and many cases all together

which emotion do you feel most of the time... thats my question? which is more dominant emotion?
06.08.2012 - 07:49
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Druss on 06.08.2012 at 02:18

''Non-metalheads'' also call what I listen to ''devil music'', case in point, my older sis and brothers

Like Bad English said, you feel all, if I was to answer today, I might say angry, 'cus I've been pissed all day lol. For the most part, I probably feel depressed, or regretful, or self-conscious (not quite sure what to categorize the last under).

But I'm only a moany bitch, so what do I know

when you look back at your life what emotion have you felt the most?
06.08.2012 - 07:52
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.08.2012 at 04:33

Honestly I try to avoid focusing on negativity, but I suppose self-deprecation (more or less a combination of a few options in this poll) would be the most adamant. I hate my body and a lot of things about my personality - all of which I'm working on (and have been for quite some time).

Maybe you shouldn't change those things... maybe those are the things that make you unique. Are you trying to change for others?
06.08.2012 - 07:57
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Thrashette on 06.08.2012 at 05:56

I've probably had times where depression would be the answer to this question, but right now? Probably frustration... Just because most of the things stressing me out lately have to do with other people or factors outside of my control but still related to me enough that I feel like I should do something and not give up. It makes me feel like there's too many problems that I can't even imagine a solution to.

Been there... you just have to let it go... there will be a clear sign if the universe wants you to do something
06.08.2012 - 07:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guest on 06.08.2012 at 07:52
Maybe you shouldn't change those things... maybe those are the things that make you unique. Are you trying to change for others?

They're things I personally dislike about myself, so I want to change them. Who I am is a reflection of who I want to be, not a mold of what others have made me. Or at least that's what we all like to tell ourselves, right?

In any case, I want to get in better shape so I feel better about my appearance. I want to work on some... questionable personality traits I see in myself that I don't like in others because I don't like hating myself.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.08.2012 - 08:07
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.08.2012 at 07:58

Written by Guest on 06.08.2012 at 07:52

questionable personality traits I see in myself that I don't like in others because I don't like hating myself.

wow... that's a totally awesome answer and about your body, i am skinny as a stick but i don't want to improve my body, i want everything to happen naturally. I am thinking about taking up cycling as my career so i will let my body be shaped up by cycling. I don't want to go to gym and force myself to what society considers to be good looking.

BTW you look way better than what you tell about yourself
06.08.2012 - 08:29
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
@Grazzy: Your relationship with your parents are pathetic i guess, you mock about sinful deaths, here; inter coursing with negative emotions or sheer consequences.....are you really depressed? OR you' doing this because you wanna be cool or hog some attention or something?
06.08.2012 - 08:53
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 06.08.2012 at 08:29

hog some attention or something?

depression has been a part of my life before i even started listening to metal. and why would i want attention from people who live in different country. And i am not cool or trying to be, i am just authentic. If these answers doesnt solve your dilemma, i couldn't give two shits
06.08.2012 - 11:30
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Could probably agree with all/most of the responses already given. I was just listening to Anacrusis - Still Black due to its classic riffs of madness and the phrase "so meaningless" though without actually feeling so much of the despair I have in the past. Came into the poll expecting to choose "depression" but I can't really select one over all the others right now.

I'm often wanting to think more positively about just everything, generally... but I'm not succeeding at that half the time I want. Maybe I'll come back later & appreciate Graywizzard posts 4, 5, 6 some more... Good reading.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
06.08.2012 - 12:00
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Maybe the question should be changed to " what are you feeling right now? " but then again emotions change right. Maybe "most authentic emotion" is the right word. Good to see that people experience such a vast spectrum of (negative)emotions.
06.08.2012 - 12:26
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Depression is not an emotion, though; perhaps you meant apathy, but even apathy is not an emotion but a state of mind, in my book

The only emotion out of these that I don't experience on a regular basis is anger, to be honest. Life has its ways of making you feel inadequate and I'm trying to get away from those pains as often as I can, through talking to others about their experiences.
----
7.0 means the album is good
06.08.2012 - 12:36
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 06.08.2012 at 12:26

Depression is not an emotion, though; perhaps you meant apathy, but even apathy is not an emotion but a state of mind, in my book

I read in a blog that Depression is a primary negation emotion.
http://www.the-emotions.com/type-of-emotions.html >> the link.

If you are a psychology student or something just ignore the link
06.08.2012 - 12:57
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Written by Guest on 06.08.2012 at 12:36

I read in a blog that Depression is a primary negation emotion.

If that's the official take, then I am indeed wrong
----
06.08.2012 - 13:24
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
It all comes down to strike only one thing "Are you capable enough to pull yourself out"?. You know, there are lot of damn things in our mind that alters body environment. If you're good enough to kick negativity around, you tend to it clearly and enjoy the life. OR just bivouacked in depression and kill yourself. As simple as possible.
06.08.2012 - 13:55
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Doesn't depression stem from other emotions?

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 06.08.2012 at 08:29

@Grazzy: Your relationship with your parents are pathetic i guess, you mock about sinful deaths, here; inter coursing with negative emotions or sheer consequences.....are you really depressed? OR you' doing this because you wanna be cool or hog some attention or something?

inter coursing ? Is that like different breeds of dogs coursing the same game?

I wonder what your market research and strategy reports look like
I'm sure the company you work for just likes to confuse their competitors and everyone around
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
06.08.2012 - 18:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Probably before I would answer this question with anger or frustration (my Metalstorm custom title used to be "Angry Atheist"), guess it was just typical teenage frustration and that "I hate this world" feeling that everyone gets sometimes when nothing seems to go right.

Right now I can't say I don't feel negative emotions when something bad happens, but I also don't dwell on them, so it's difficult for me to answer this.
06.08.2012 - 18:11
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 06.08.2012 at 18:07

Probably before I would answer this question with anger or frustration (my Metalstorm custom title used to be "Angry Atheist"), guess it was just typical teenage frustration and that "I hate this world" feeling that everyone gets sometimes when nothing seems to go right.

Right now I can't say I don't feel negative emotions when something bad happens, but I also don't dwell on them, so it's difficult for me to answer this.

You mellow down once you start becoming an adult eh?
06.08.2012 - 22:01

Account deleted
Anger. no.
Depression. no no.
Guilt. sort of.
Regret. yes.
Envy. yes but i dont admit it.
Vulnerable. very.
Frustration. yes.
Shame. sort of.
06.08.2012 - 23:42
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Anger, Frustration, Depression, Guilt, Shame.

I'm a colourful person
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
07.08.2012 - 00:06
Mad Arab666
Regret hits me sometimes. so many bad decisions I've made. but thats only a now and then kind off thing.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
07.08.2012 - 01:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Milena on 06.08.2012 at 12:57
If that's the official take, then I am indeed wrong

The medical world considers depression to be an emotion.
----
07.08.2012 - 01:15
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.08.2012 at 01:12

The medical world considers depression to be an emotion.

When I say "depression", I mostly think of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_depressive_disorder
but that's really narrow, so, indeed, I'm wrong.
----
07.08.2012 - 01:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Milena on 07.08.2012 at 01:15
I'm wrong.

Eh, you just mixed up the diagnosis and the emotion - not really a big deal.

And of course, if anyone wants to elaborate on their situation you can always check this thread I created here.
----
07.08.2012 - 01:30
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.08.2012 at 01:17

And of course, if anyone wants to elaborate on their situation you can always check this thread I created here.

My favorite topic on MS.
----
07.08.2012 - 01:41
Fredd
Account deleted
I think you forgot FEAR. The god of all negative emotions.