Metal Storm logo
Cascadian Black Metal (recommendation)

10.08.2012 - 18:03
The Turbanator
I have came across this terms few times now and just found out that it is a term that is used for bands that are from or around the Cascade Mountains. Most famous one in this genre is of course Wolves In The Throne Room.

I kind of like this genre and was hoping if anyone have any good recommendations?

So far the bands that I know who are Cascadian BM is WITTR, Ash Borer, Fell Voices, Alda, Fauna, Fearthainne, Addaura, Velnias, Weakling, Falls Of Rauros.

Any others?
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
10.08.2012 - 18:52
BreadGod
Account deleted
You forgot Skagos.
10.08.2012 - 19:23
InnerSelf
proofread free
I like Sakgos, they had some cool moments in the debut and the new song Anarchic is a big step up.
My favorite song from the debut :
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
10.08.2012 - 19:27
spirit_inblack
harshhead
^^ Yes, and the amazing-looking double LP version of Ast is coming out soon on Pesanta Urfolk and Eternal Warfare. Kinda costly, but this shit deserves to be listened to on wax.

My favourite in this whole scene is Ash Borer, whose compositions never get old, and have so many elements at work... Profound Lore just released their new album "Cold of Ages" and will be releasing a cd version of the self-titled (which was released last year). Can't wait!
11.08.2012 - 02:47
Mycelial
Moss of Moonlight is excellent. Good feral stuff, earthen-raw, but something haunting and beautiful about them, too. They just released their first album, SEED, earlier this year. Word's out that an EP will be available in a couple of months, too, which is good news in my book. Agalloch's another band to look into, as well.
12.08.2012 - 03:46
Oaken
Hipster
@The Turbanator: You pretty much covered it, but there's also Petrychor and Panopticon.
BTW New Ash Borer coming out on the 14th of August. Just two more days.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
12.08.2012 - 18:14
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Not exactly sure how Weakling qualifies as Cascadian. they aren't from the PAC NW and predate the other bands significantly. WIITR formed about 5 years after Weakling split.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.08.2012 - 20:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by BitterCOld on 12.08.2012 at 18:14
Not exactly sure how Weakling qualifies as Cascadian.

If anything, only possibly because they indirectly influenced the sound of most of the bands that make up the scene nowadays.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.08.2012 - 22:00
Sync
Account deleted
Ooh wow, never thought i'd see a thread about this. The only 'Cascadian' labelled album i've seen is 'Wild's Reprisal''s Cascadia Rising.

13.08.2012 - 02:34
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by Oaken on 12.08.2012 at 03:46

@The Turbanator: You pretty much covered it, but there's also Petrychor and Panopticon.

new Ash Borer is already out. Profound Lore always puts everything up for sale before the "official" release date. I still need to check out that new Panopticon LP. High expectations for that one.
13.08.2012 - 02:40
Oaken
Hipster
Written by spirit_inblack on 13.08.2012 at 02:34

Written by Oaken on 12.08.2012 at 03:46

new Ash Borer is already out. Profound Lore always puts everything up for sale before the "official" release date. I still need to check out that new Panopticon LP. High expectations for that one.

But I only find the first track online... If you have a download link, can you please PM it to me?
----
16.08.2012 - 23:15
Oaken
Hipster
----
23.08.2012 - 21:26
Ikuinen
Has anyone talked about Falls of Rauros..

23.08.2012 - 22:00
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Awesome band, they are.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS