05. Compelled By Mediocrity
06. The Next Life
07. Dead Hope
08. Feign Ignorance
09. Mercy, Mercy
10. Malicious Guilt
11. Resultados
12. Murder Construct [digital bonus]

Very rarely is there an album cover that properly reflects the music as much as Murder Construct's Results. It's bleak, destructive, gritty, and more than a bit psychotic. Who's in?

So let's get this straight; Results is uncompromisingly violent, layering a variety of extreme style vocals over riffs that are both deep and pummelling, while being a razor sharp wall of sound (picking up some black metal type guitar tones from time to time.) It's got the Agruss appeal; no, it's not anywhere close to sounding like Agruss, but it has the same nature of compounding a variety of extreme metal qualities into a cohesive, streamlined flavor. With Agruss, it's blending black and death metal simultaneously to create a stomping wall of sound. With Murder Construct, it's putting a death metal engine in a grind body with a black metal air-freshener hanging from the rearview; giving it a vague fragrance, but not a consistently tangible scent.

It's an album that puts the boots in and just doesn't let up. That's just swell, but not exactly new to the world of grindcore. Maybe the sound of Murder Construct isn't exactly fresh when describing it in conventional metal review terms, but the sound here is unique without being annoyingly over-creative. These guys (who, by the way, are death-grind vets, being members of Exhumed and Cattle Decapitation) set out to make an awesome grind record, and that's just what they did. Results is as filthy as you'd want it to be, while still just clear enough to pick up on these unhinging riffs and psychotic vocals. On the scale of horrifying things, Results falls somewhere between "Prostate tumour which turns out to be a nest of tarantula eggs" and "Slumber party in Mr. Gacy's basement."

This is all getting a little too descriptive. Disregard everything else you've just read, all you need to know is this; Results is just a grind album done really, really well.

Written on 11.08.2012 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 20   Visited by: 465 users
11.08.2012 - 12:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Sounds like something I should enjoy. Definitely checking it out.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
11.08.2012 - 13:17
Rating: 9
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Looks like they are aiming high. Gotta see this...
----
11.08.2012 - 16:01
Sync
Account deleted
Travis Ryan on vocals? Oh I've got to get this.
11.08.2012 - 16:24
MechanisT
Account deleted
"With Murder Construct, it's putting a death metal engine in a grind body with a black metal air-freshener hanging from the rearview; giving it a vague fragrance, but not a consistently tangible scent."

SOLD.
11.08.2012 - 19:49
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Not a fan of grind, but your 9's are usually 9's for me as well and that album cover really interested me, so consider me in for a taste.
12.08.2012 - 02:20
Rating: 10
btbamfan20

I'm glad i suggested these guys to this site XD Loved the EP, and their first debut album should woop some serious ass \m/
----
Gerald Massey: "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
12.08.2012 - 07:37
JD
Account deleted
Aggggh... added to my checking list.
13.08.2012 - 06:44
afu

I don't normally spend a lot of time with grind, but I listened to Compelled By Mediocrity on Youtube and found it immensely enjoyable, especially the lyrics. I don't totally agree with them, but the over the top, Looney Toons style of songwriting is pure fucking awesomeness. Now, would someone please drop an anvil?
13.08.2012 - 09:40
Dylan

Listened to "Compelled by Mediocrity" on youtube, great song, not much of a grind fan either. nice review!
13.08.2012 - 21:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Fuck, that has to be the sexiest artwork ever.

Music sounds pretty mental too. Approved.
14.08.2012 - 01:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 13.08.2012 at 21:59
Fuck, that has to be the sexiest artwork ever. Music sounds pretty mental too. Approved.

I'm not trying to offend Doc by saying this, but your comment actually made me more interested in this than the review.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.08.2012 - 01:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.08.2012 at 01:47

I'm not trying to offend Doc by saying this, but your comment actually made me more interested in this than the review.

Haha, the power of simplicity and succinctness perhaps?
14.08.2012 - 01:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 14.08.2012 at 01:56
Haha, the power of simplicity and succinctness perhaps?

Nah, just the "mental stuff" description. After reading the review I was basically thinking "meh, another good grind album, nothing to lose sleep over not listening to".
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.08.2012 - 02:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.08.2012 at 01:59

Nah, just the "mental stuff" description. After reading the review I was basically thinking "meh, another good grind album, nothing to lose sleep over not listening to".

Ah yeah, I listened to the one song of this on youtube and the EP of theirs that's on Spotify and I imagine this will make your head spin a bit. Seemed like an accurate description of their sound really.
14.08.2012 - 08:59
oblong
Account deleted
Written by Dylan on 13.08.2012 at 09:40

Listened to "Compelled by Mediocrity" on youtube, great song, not much of a grind fan either. nice review!

Lyrics are funnay.
14.08.2012 - 10:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.08.2012 at 01:47

Written by Guest on 13.08.2012 at 21:59
Fuck, that has to be the sexiest artwork ever. Music sounds pretty mental too. Approved.

Huh, I felt the review totally got me. Specially when he said Agruss... That was *the* review moment. The BM air-freshener metaphor was convincing too.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.08.2012 - 02:53
Metal Addiction

Not impressed except the album cover....
19.08.2012 - 09:37
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Wow Travis Ryan on vocals. I never knew it. Must get it..
21.08.2012 - 18:02
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Sounds like a better Cattle Decapitation, and they were already good.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.08.2012 - 15:08
Rating: 9
Drumman

Totally awesome album!

Hits total: 9128 | This month: 18