Metal Storm logo
Favorite Iron Maiden Instrumental?

Poll

What is your favorite of the three Iron Maiden instrumentals?

Transylvania [Iron Maiden]
Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) [Powerslave]
Genghis Khan [Killers]

Total votes: 64
14.08.2012 - 09:25
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
My personal favorite of the three instrumentals they wrote is definitely Genghis Khan. The galloping feel of the music really captures the feeling as if you're watching Genghis Khan himself actually riding off into battle and pillaging any villages that stand in the way of his wrath. The music is stellar and the twin guitar harmony near the end is absolutely soaring and epic. I wish they would have written more instrumentals, they're great! Comment below if you wish.

Btw, i forgot to include Ides of March, but I guess it wouldn't really matter, considering it's an intro to Wrathchild. But if you wish to vote for it, feel free to comment for that below!
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
14.08.2012 - 12:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
All are pretty same, and you shood have ALL or non option to, I say all, cant vote unfortunatly
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.08.2012 - 14:56
R'Vannith
ghedengi
elite
Transylvania was one of the first metal songs I remember hearing, so I'm going with that one for nostalgia's sake, though Losfer Words is great as well.
30.08.2012 - 01:28
Oaken
Hipster
I haven't listened to Iron Maiden in ages, but I remember that Transylvania was a great instrumental. I also remember that I didn't really like Losfer Words.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
30.08.2012 - 11:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
They only have three, wow...i thought its more...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.10.2012 - 00:21
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Another vote for Transylvania.

"A song that never had a singer... and probably never will."
06.12.2012 - 10:40
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Losfer Words is a great one too. It was about to be just a regular song with lyrics, but Steve couldn't think of any (hence the title). I'm glad it ended up being an instrumental, it changes things up a bit on Powerslave, since this song sounds similar musically to The Duelists and like one or two sections of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
28.03.2013 - 14:22
Metal_Elle
Losfer Word !
28.03.2013 - 20:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Ides Of March blows the rest out of the water
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.12.2014 - 21:26
Genghis Khan, it's the first instrumental I actually liked.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter