Metal Storm logo
Best Death Metal Debut?

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 19.11.2006 - 08:33
Now That I pretty much own all the key essential death metal debuts,and I have had the time to enjoy and decide which had the greatest effect on me,I was curious to what you thought?It may be a very difficult decision,being all of the albums are magnificent in their own way,but what comes to mind as the most groundbreaking?I believe all of these albums played a part in defining the genre,but what album was more important than "Scream Bloody Gore"?It gave birth to the extreme gore lyrical themes,and intense gutteral vocals,that all death bands would use.So that is the reason behind my choice for best debut,Chuck you where and are an innovative genius.Yeah I might've left out some personal favs.,but I cant please everyone.

Poll

which?

Morbid Angel-Altars Of Madness
Death-Scream Bloody Gore
Posessed-Seven Churches
Cannibal Corpse-Eaten Back To Life
Entombed-Left Hand Path
Obituary-Slowly We Rot
Deicide-Self Titled
Suffocation-Effigy Of The Forgotten
Immolation-Dawn Of Possession

Total votes: 140
13.04.2011 - 18:24
Scream Bloody Gore!
Altars of Madness
Deicide
Slowly We Rot
Eaten Back to Life
Piece of Time
Severed Survival
Dawn of Possession
Effigy of the Forgotten
(Remark: Possessed is great but I really don't feel any atmosphere of death in their debut. For me, it is just an extreme thrash metal)
(My opinion only, no troll intended, so please don't argue with me about what band, what album should be there or the like)
13.04.2011 - 19:11
VloRD
Voted for cannibal corpse, Their debut just blew me away.
----
15.04.2011 - 05:10
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Tough choice between Imperial Doom, The Ten Commanmends, and Dawn of Possesion. Luckily DoP is the only one on the list. Those riffs are just evil.
15.04.2011 - 11:28
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 15.04.2011 at 05:10

Tough choice between Imperial Doom, The Ten Commanmends, and Dawn of Possesion. Luckily DoP is the only one on the list. Those riffs are just evil.

you haven't listened to morbid angel yet or you just think the other 3 albums you mentioned are better???
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.04.2011 - 17:37
Yasmine
SBG imo is the best of those mentioned, though MC 10 commandments is good. As is "Where no Life Dwells".
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
15.04.2011 - 21:19
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 15.04.2011 at 11:28

Written by Guest on 15.04.2011 at 05:10

you haven't listened to morbid angel yet or you just think the other 3 albums you mentioned are better???

I've listened to all the albums on the list. Altar's would be right behind the ones I already mentioned. It is a great album.
15.04.2011 - 23:13
Yasmine
Yea, overall though outta everything I can think of I'd Atheist's Piece of time is far more an advanced debut than most or all mentioned. Has maturity that the others here don't, especially CC and MA.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
27.04.2011 - 23:01
Ghostdancer
Gotta go with Scream Bloody Gore
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
30.04.2011 - 03:15
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Yasmine on 15.04.2011 at 23:13

Yea, overall though outta everything I can think of I'd Atheist's Piece of time is far more an advanced debut than most or all mentioned. Has maturity that the others here don't, especially CC and MA.

Agreed, that one would definitely come in 2nd place for me...after Scream Bloody Gore of course
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
02.05.2011 - 03:57
Doom Trooper
This is a tough one. For my taste I would say Suffocation's Effigy Of The Forgotten. That album is just pumeling and relentless. It paved the way for what was to come. However I am going to have to go with Alters of Madness. Morbid Angel really created one of the greatest masterpieces of all death metal.

Written by nana.MD on 30.04.2011 at 03:15

Written by Yasmine on 15.04.2011 at 23:13

Agreed, that one would definitely come in 2nd place for me...after Scream Bloody Gore of course

I agree with Peice of Time being the best in terms of real musicianship. Another innovative album that got the ball rolling for a lot of tech death bands to come later.
16.05.2011 - 18:02
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Suffocation has been a huge inspiration for several bands too...if I searched for a word to describe them it would be: brutal
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
22.12.2012 - 13:01
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I really like Deicide's debut a lot, I think it's their best album. I particularly like the drums and Benton's vocal performance sounds especially venomous and brutal.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).