Metal Storm logo
I Need A New Media Player (To Use Multiple Tags)

20.08.2012 - 01:05
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
If you like MP3 or whatever audio format file and if you have a big collection of muisc, for sure you have an organized library in your computer. But what to do when your traditional player don't offer as much features as you need to fully organize your music? For example: Some albums has multiple genres, and some peoples CAN'T just tag the music with only one genre... and I'm one of them I'm not happy with Before The Dawn tagged as "Melodic Death metal" or Children Of Bodom as "Extreme Power Metal", and I don't want to tag Emperor or Dimmu Borgir only as "Black Metal", but I want them to be displayed in the "Symphonic Metal" section as well.

Other thing I am looking after is the possibility to tag one song with two albums... sometimes two albums are released with one exactly same song, or two, or three, or more identical songs, like compilations and EP's. Example with Maximum The Hormone single Rock Bankurawase / Minoreba Rock: The single contains one song that can't be found in any other band album: Minoreba Rock, but the album also contains one song already featured in another of their album, Rokkinpo Goroshi.
Do I REALLY need to have two identical songs in my hard drive, but tagged different? It's really bad to tag this song with only one album, because the single will be missing the first track... or the full lenght will be missing the seventh track!

( Wait! You must be thinking..: "Whatever! Just tag this damn song as "Rokkinpo Goroshi" and left the single without the first track, duh!!"

Well, the album will look.. uh... imcomplete. )

Now, just think of these compilation albums where they release kinda of 15 tracks already in their full lenghts, and only 2 or 3 tracks that can't be found anywhere except in this damn compilation.... But you MUST have these new tracks... But you don't like how the overall library will look so "empty" without the full album.... You really need a BIG hard drive to store all these duplicated tracks, hum??

I could also add here the impossibility to tag one song with two or more artists or composers, but this doesn't bother me for now...

Well then, I need a media player that let me tag the same song with multiples genres/albums. My hard drive is almost full because of the duplicated songs because I don't like how the library looks without the album fully displayed, and I have some problems with metal genres. I will receive any suggestions with open arms

Thank you everybody!!
20.08.2012 - 17:03
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.08.2012 at 01:15

Delete the files, buy CD's etc. and have an easy life.

No way! I like to have my music with me all the time, anywhere... so, my music need to be portable.

DAT DID NOT HELPED AT ALL!!!
20.08.2012 - 17:22
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Well you can import cds, and use the tracks as Mp3's.

Other than that, I think you're being a little OCD, I usually just keep mine labelled under the main genre name, i.e if it's symphonic black metal, I'd put black metal if it leans more to that side, or symphonic if it leans more to that side.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.08.2012 - 18:55
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 20.08.2012 at 17:22

Well you can import cds, and use the tracks as Mp3's.

Other than that, I think you're being a little OCD, I usually just keep mine labelled under the main genre name, i.e if it's symphonic black metal, I'd put black metal if it leans more to that side, or symphonic if it leans more to that side.

I wasted kinda of 2 hours in the internet searching for these issues. I discovered that it's possible to tag one song with multiple genres!!! I just need to separate them with an " ; " and the song will appear in both sections.

Finnaly! Now I can delete that stupid "Extreme Power Metal" tag and also call Emperor both Black and Symphonic... But no multiple albums yet...
21.08.2012 - 18:14
FeskarN

Check out Foobar2000. Best player for music imo and it's easy to use.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!