Metal Storm logo
Muse

19.11.2006 - 14:33
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I'm not gonna start this topic with ''Muse begain in bla bla....'' but with enthusiasm as their latest album definately deserves my #1 of year 2006 in rock scene.

I was never a fan, listened to them occasionaly, but since Black Holes and Revelations they became one of my favourite bands and they helped me re-gain my love for rock as I used to have.

The reason why I find them so outstanding stays unknown probably even to me, but their mixture of melodic rock with modern electronic sounds and a die-for vocals (yepp, I absolutey adore them) is just mesmerizing. I also really love their lyrics, halfway cryptic, halfway neo-romantic, anyway, perfect.

So, if you have any thoughts, you're more than welcome to share them
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
19.11.2006 - 21:13
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha, its been quite the opposite for me
i used to love Muse - 'Showbiz' and 'Origin...' were fantastic
then 'Absolution' came out and i thought that was really good as well but not as good as the past ones..
i havent even bothered with the new Muse album because i have heard the single from it and i thought it was the worst Muse thing i had ever heard..
i have heard a few new tracks though - 'Knights Of Cydonia' if thats what its called was quite a good song - i i have never had the same enthusiasm for them that i had when 'Origin Of Symmetry' was just out
19.11.2006 - 22:46
wrathchild
Staff
I remember deadsoulman told me to check Origin Of Symmetry in the old forum, but I still haven't listened to it.

My first contact with the band was when a friend of mine asked me if I could copy their album Showbiz. I bunrt him a copy and kept it as MP3s in my drive. This album was good, although it sounded a bit too "British pop" to my ears. There were some good riffs, so I could enjoy most of it.

Then I heard Absolution, and that was like love at first sight This album is excellent, a masterpiece, there's hardly a thing I would change. This album is close to perfection to me, there's no "off-topic" track like on Showbiz for example. I also like that the title is "Absolution" cause it definitely fits with the atmosphere developed in the songs, the way Matt sings, etc.

From what I've heard, the new album sounds great too but I don't know if it's as "complete" as Absolution is to me.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
20.11.2006 - 08:19
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
My first encounter with this band was when I took all the cds I found in one of my friends car, he had a lot of good stuff including 3 albums for Muse "origin of symmetry", "absolution", "hollaballo"......
I put the cd origin of symmetry in my pc and started listening I was amazed to say the least I loved their wonderful -almost metal- riffs especially "Plug in baby" and the vocals is quite amazing -not my style- but wonderful

and so the love story begins ever since then they became one of my favourite Rock bands.....

@wrathchild: u should try "origin of symmetry" if u liked "absolution"
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
22.11.2006 - 13:16
wrathchild
Staff
Now that I've listened to Origin Of Symmetry the illegal way, I can say it's a great album, though it doesn't compete with Absolution for me, for the rhythm f the album is simply less "involving" if you see what I mean. But now I feel like an idiot having downloaded it: you can stream ALL albums of the band at their website, including the new one (which I'm listening to right now)!

If you have Flash player installed, a good PC and Internet connection, you must hang there: http://www.muse.mu/
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
23.11.2006 - 16:47
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha really?! wow, i didnt know that either. ill probably be on there later then giving the new one a chance

i am glad you liked 'Origin Of Symmetry' i probably like it way more then any other because it means a lot to me, kind of.
it was one of my first three CDs i ever had!! the other two, you dont want to know what they are but i wouldnt want to listen to them now. haha
23.11.2006 - 16:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
They are enjoyable but remind me too much of an alternative Electric Light Orchestra at times.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.11.2006 - 17:35
Baz Anderson
Staff
they remind me in places of an old group called Renaissance
dont ask me why though, they are quite different bands.. haha
23.11.2006 - 19:20
Basso
Account deleted
I have Absolution cd at home. Great band.
30.11.2006 - 15:05
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hehe, I didn't even know that Muse was an rock band. I think they're ... special. Good? No, this really is not my type of music.
----
01.12.2006 - 00:10
Soliloquy
muse...idk. i like them. wait, let me take that back, i ENJOY them. but they arent in my top list. i used to really like them. their ballads were really amazing, and their vocals were...or rather still are impressive. but i think i developed an ear for heavier stuff, and therefore started ignoring the band altogether. if anything, i might listen to them perhaps once every other year. they just sit in my cd collection and look pretty. and them, and TOOL/A Perfect Circle are the only connection i have to the mainstream music. everytime i have friends over, they are always wondering who the fuck all the bands are until they get to tool/apc/muse/nin. but yeah....

muse came out with a new album? aperently their 'origin' album was their best album, but it was absolution that got most publicity as it won couple of awards and shit.
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
03.12.2006 - 16:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I think they are a good band. I dont own any of their cds though but I watched several concerts and listened to most of their songs. I think they are an original band and even though MTV plays them their songs seem to have quality. They have catchy choruses and riffs.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.12.2006 - 21:03
Gothya
they have a great music and a talent musicians, although i'm not a fan of them i enjoy listening to their songs without a problem; the vocals style are nice and so are the songs; i like 'time is runnign out', 'hysteria' from the absolution album, pretty great songs; i also listened to few songs of 'origin of symmetry' and it sounds great; pretty nice stuff they got
btw it's so damn cool they have available their full songs to listen to on their website, so there's no need to downloaded anywhere else, great one for this band
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
28.12.2006 - 23:04
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Hehe, Muse, i remember i used to listen to them when i was much younger, it started with the first album, Showbiz. And then i discovered Origin of Symmetry, and yeah, i bacame a fan. But with time, i started being in metal more and more, and i forgot them.
In july i heard they had released a new album, i didnt buy it, but i listened to it, and god, ive been so disappointed. Awfully disappointed. I think they have lost that energy that used to make em so original. But i wont spit on their work; they're good; eventho i didnt like their lastest album.
04.01.2007 - 14:04
oliviaa
I listened to them a few years ago and loved them. But for some reason, I deleted all the albums from my computer. But like a half year ago I downloaded them all again, and bought Black Holes And Revelations (I bought that album 'cause I got a t-shirt, otherwise I would have bought Origin Of Symmetry) and they're really amazing. Plug-in Baby is one of the best songs ever and Matthew Bellamy's vocals are really impressive.
----
04.02.2007 - 00:43
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
im not a fan of band but i heard one song of them on TV few nights ago and i liked it alot name of song is "knights if Cydonia" or something like that, so r the otehr songs on album good as that one, is it worted to get album jsut caus eof this song
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
04.02.2007 - 14:23
wrathchild
Staff
Written by EddieGunner on 04.02.2007 at 00:43

im not a fan of band but i heard one song of them on TV few nights ago and i liked it alot name of song is "knights if Cydonia" or something like that, so r the otehr songs on album good as that one, is it worted to get album jsut caus eof this song

As I said, all their songs can be streamed at their website: http://www.muse.mu/ (look at the Media section)
So, listen by yourself
----

Txus, Mägo De Oz
06.02.2007 - 23:01
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
thx dude im gona chek them soon as i get time
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
10.03.2007 - 07:37
Icewings
La Luna
Well honestly I didn't know them that much but after REVELATIONS I really find them inresting and mesmerizing , their lyriics as you said my dear are very meaningful if you listen carefully , and they are great musicians I think ...so I do like them and give them thumbs Up ..Great band !
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
25.03.2007 - 13:13
Anathemani@c
The black holes and revelations is a really great alboum! Too catchy and sounds fresh! I liked it very much even though I never liked MUSE that much
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
06.04.2007 - 03:12
Olli
I like a few songs of muse, there music videos are pretty cool aswell. supermassive blackhole is a must see. All in all, i like them but there not anywhere near my favourite bands.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
07.04.2007 - 12:45
AlexCromlech
Account deleted
I've only heard a few songs. but what I've heard I like. I'm starting to get kinda into them ae.
I like that Stockholm Syndrome songs. Thats a really cool song.

If any one has any suggestions for good Muse songs let me now thanks
07.04.2007 - 17:49
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 07.04.2007 at 12:45

I've only heard a few songs. but what I've heard I like. I'm starting to get kinda into them ae.

Hysteria, Plug In Baby, Thoughts of A Dying Atheist, Bliss, Citizen Erased. The list goes on.
08.04.2007 - 02:56
AlexCromlech
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 07.04.2007 at 17:49

Written by Guest on 07.04.2007 at 12:45

Hysteria, Plug In Baby, Thoughts of A Dying Atheist, Bliss, Citizen Erased. The list goes on.

Cool thanks man, I'll check those out.
06.07.2007 - 20:32
Jonnz of Steel
I loved them way before I got into metal and they still rank as one of my favourite bands
07.07.2007 - 20:14
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
It's kinda weird that there are so little fans of Muse here on MS... I mean, as I wrote in my opening post, I started with Black Holes & Revelations and then went back on their albums and I gotta say, no band has ever impressed me so fast and deeply as Muse did.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
12.08.2007 - 12:45
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Citizen Erased OWNS. I dled Origin of Symmetry three years ago cos I had seen Plug In Baby and New Born on TV and those were killer songs with killer videos. I loved that so I asked for Absolution for my birthday but found it disappointing, though I like Stockholm, Hysteria, Butterflies and The Small Print. It came with a DVD which I still haven't watched haha... and heard the two singles from the last album, Cydonia had a nice riff at the end but I wasn't all that impressed.
So I reckon Symmetry is a damn good album, and I still want to get and hear Showbiz sometime - which may happen soon...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
12.08.2007 - 21:48
Inlé
I can say that MUSE were one of THE bands (along with Radiohead and The Beatles, Pink Floyd etc) that got me into music. Still have their first single in my CD collection.

Their new album is an absolute disgrace, unlike the superior Radiohead who realeased a weird concept album in the face of label pressure to go poppy, muse lapped it up and made a steaming pile of trendy shite.

Sorry for the ranting-ness but I am talking about 2006's ultra-disappointment here, Showbiz, Origin and Hullabaloo are first rate albums, Absolution is hit and miss, worth checking out possibly, but you'll use that skip button half the time.
09.11.2007 - 18:51
Jonnz of Steel
Yeah Citizen Erased is just to good, one of the greatest songs ever in my view.
17.11.2007 - 13:08
Omni
Account deleted
Muse have been disappointing me since the release of Absolution. Origin and Showbiz were great albums, not legendary, but definitely enjoyable. The songs all have an epic edge and it really stand out if you see them live, I think they put on a great show.

However,
Black Hole & Revelations was a bit letdown for me. They've drifted further and further into the mainstream and this album proves it for me. I don't care if Supermassive Black Hole was supposed to be ironic or what, but that and Starlight are horrible singles. The only track I really enjoyed was Map Of The Problematique. The others I can't even remember. I pray for Muse, I thought they could've been a heavier over-the-top Radiohead, but that vision for me is slowly drifting away...