05. Disease Of Fear
06. Cup Of Oblivion

Found in 7 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 133 users
23.08.2012 - 01:11
IronAngel

Cannot wait. Salamandra sounds promising. It has that same "Nico goes medieval" aesthetic of The Die Is Cast. Droning and gloomy as hell. I predict a solid album.

http://soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/menace-ruine-salamandra
07.10.2012 - 19:05
Rating: 9
Draugen

Menace Ruine is a rather special and overlooked band in my opinion that plays a really interesting take on the drone doom formula. The music is certainly not for everyone and I personally have developed a sort of love/hate relationship with it after having plowed through the bands discography in the past week.

The latest album, Alight In Ashes, is probably the most even one quality wise, with the focus being on the the characteristic female vocals which is something I really appreciate. Together with the constant droning wall of sound this creates what I consider to be the main strength of the bands music - a haunting, almost ritualistic, atmosphere that often has a strangely soothing effect on me.

While some of the previous albums could get a bit too "noisy" for my taste at times, Alight In Ashes has a nice balance to it as well as a "cleaner" production. Having said that, it is still a fairly challening album that demands your full attention to be fully appreciated.

As you probably have figured out, I found this album to be highly rewarding and I truely hope that the band is able to get more recognition in the future as they certainly deserve it.
21.11.2012 - 23:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Draugen on 07.10.2012 at 19:05

Menace Ruine is a rather special and overlooked band in my opinion that plays a really interesting take on the drone doom formula. The music is certainly not for everyone and I personally have developed a sort of love/hate relationship with it after having plowed through the bands discography in the past week.

The latest album, Alight In Ashes, is probably the most even one quality wise, with the focus being on the the characteristic female vocals which is something I really appreciate. Together with the constant droning wall of sound this creates what I consider to be the main strength of the bands music - a haunting, almost ritualistic, atmosphere that often has a strangely soothing effect on me.

While some of the previous albums could get a bit too "noisy" for my taste at times, Alight In Ashes has a nice balance to it as well as a "cleaner" production. Having said that, it is still a fairly challening album that demands your full attention to be fully appreciated.

As you probably have figured out, I found this album to be highly rewarding and I truely hope that the band is able to get more recognition in the future as they certainly deserve it.

Well said. I pretty much agree with everything here, though I'd still place The Die Is Cast over this I would think. (and I do like the noisy album too).
14.09.2014 - 22:32
Rating: 8
mz

The most annoying vocals I've ever heard? Yes probably. Shame because the music is really good.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
14.09.2014 - 22:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Nah, probably one of the best female vocalists currently involved in music that I can think of.
05.08.2016 - 14:19
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Set Water To Flames is really good, and has a great ending reminding me of their roots. And Burnt Offerings sounds like Satan is sleeping, almost snoring, beauty. Might upvote this...

Hits total: 4945 | This month: 6