Metal Storm logo
Lethal - Guitarist Eric Cook Loses Battle With Cancer

Eric Cook, guitarist for the legendary power/progressive metal band Lethal, has lost his battle with cancer. The Kentucky-based band was founded by Tom Mallicoat and the Cook brothers, Eric and Glen. The band would go on to release two albums, Programmed in 1990 and Poison Seed in 1996.

Keep It True festival organizer Oliver Weinsheimer commented: "With great sadness I learned today, that original Lethal guitarist Eric Cook lost his long fight against cancer. I am in a state of shock. I got in contact with Eric in 2006 through our mutual friend Martin Brandt and was able to book him and Lethal for their very first European show at Keep It True in 2007. As expected it went down triumphant and after that we stayed in touch I tried to help them getting further with new music and more gigs."

"I met the guys again at the gigs at HOA and BYH and then it got a bit quiet around them till today I got this shocking news. Eric was one of the nicest musicians I ever worked with and a real gentleman. The whole next KIT will be dedicated to his honour and we will try to arrange a final farewell/tribute Lethal show for KIT 2014. This is something he deserves for all the beautiful music and joy he gave to us. The whole KIT family sends their condolences to his family, friends and his bandmembers, who all go through dark times right now. RIP my friend..."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Lethal
Posted: 26.08.2012 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 58 users
26.08.2012 - 15:57
theFIST

Fits the band name
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
26.08.2012 - 17:56
Lit.
Account deleted
R.I.P.
27.08.2012 - 15:26
Void Eater
Account deleted
There are so many "YEEEEAAAAAAH!!!" jokes I want to make right now.

Hits total: 2726 | This month: 7