Metal Storm logo
Geoff Tate - Announces His 'New' Queensrÿche Line-Up

This soap opera is brought to you by Mr. Geoff Tate. The singer has announced a new Queensrÿche line-up that will join him in future musical endeavours and plans an anniversary tour. Confused? Well, it now seems that we have two Queensrÿches, one with Geoff Tate and the newly recruited Rudy Sarzo, Bobby Blotzer, Glen Drover, Kelly Gray and Randy Gane, and the other one which is fronted by Todd La Torre.

Geoff Tate released this statement: "I'm sure the last few months have been very frustrating for you. I know they have been for me. There are so many questions and so few answers. It is said that adversity makes one stronger. Well, I'm definitely in a better place now than I've ever been before. I feel very positive and excited."

"The challenge, when you're in a creative environment, is keeping things fresh and invigorating, and after working with the same people for thirty years, it gets very difficult ? You walk into the room, and everybody knows what everyone is going to do. There's no spark, the chemistry is very tried and true and you just keep coming up with the same ways of expressing yourself."

"Today is a new day and I am thrilled to announce the new Queensrÿche. Joining me are: Rudy Sarzo, Bobby Blotzer, Glen Drover, Kelly Gray and Randy Gane. Together we shall embark on a new musical journey that will be a greater extension of where Queensrÿche has ever been. With this new project, with these new people, it's a whole new scene. There are new ideas, different musical backgrounds and a whole new set of parameters. Everyone has ideas you haven't heard before, and everyone is throwing them against the wall and suddenly... the music has a whole new life. I look forward to this new life and I hope to see you on tour as all of us come together and begin this new era."

There is an ongoing legal battle raging between Geoff Tate and his former bandmates over the rights to the band name.

Tate and his wife Susan filed a lawsuit against Geoff's ex-bandmates on June 22nd in King County Superior Court over whether he should be given the Queensrÿche name after being dismissed from the group in June, accusing Rockenfield, Wilton and Jackson of having wrongfully fired the singer and ruining the band's brand by attempting to move forward without him.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Queensrÿche
Posted: 02.09.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 32   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 227 users
02.09.2012 - 20:48
Mountain King
K i K o
This is stupid...
02.09.2012 - 21:02
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
What the fuck? This is ludicrous, how long are they going to keep up this bullshit? Can't they just move on already?
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
02.09.2012 - 21:06
Unhealer
Eclecticist
No Mike Portnoy?
02.09.2012 - 21:10
qlacs
"The Quaker"
This guy is out of his mind. Also he'll lose at the court as he joined after the rest of the lineup was playing together. Also he can't sing now very well now.
I wish Chris returning the "old" QR and record an absolutely amazing Todd debut just like on the veins of O:MC and Empire.
----
02.09.2012 - 21:13
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
I am pretty sure this is all a publicity stunt and is really the story for Operation: Mindcrime III.
----
(space for rent)
02.09.2012 - 21:39
psykometal
A staff guy...
If Tate is looking for something new then he should let go of the name, IMO this is just as stupid and ridiculous as King and Gaahl trying to take Gorgoroth from Infernus and Luca Turilli using the name Rhapsody...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

02.09.2012 - 22:01
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
Great line up....!!
----
Chef Metal Head
02.09.2012 - 22:21
Nemo Atkins

Written by qlacs on 02.09.2012 at 21:10

This guy is out of his mind. Also he'll lose at the court as he joined after the rest of the lineup was playing together. Also he can't sing now very well now.
I wish Chris returning the "old" QR and record an absolutely amazing Todd debut just like on the veins of O:MC and Empire.

That's almost exactly what I was gonna say. I was gonna say "There are more founding members of Queensryche in the Tate-less version of the band, so that's what I'd call the official band", but I think you made a much better point. Tate's just trying to do what Roger Waters tried to do when he left Pink Floyd (and, arguably, what Mike Portney tried to do when he left Dream Theater). History repeats itself...
02.09.2012 - 22:57
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Simple solution: one version of the band will have the umlaut, the other will not.
02.09.2012 - 23:14
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Introspekrieg on 02.09.2012 at 22:57

Simple solution: one version of the band will have the umlaut, the other will not.

Nice.
----

03.09.2012 - 00:07
Urizen367

I am now confused.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
03.09.2012 - 00:07
AndMetalForAll
kual21
This all situation is getting more and more messed up...
----
greets,
kual21
03.09.2012 - 00:20
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Still trying to imitate Pink Floyd in whatever way he can?
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
03.09.2012 - 00:29
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Now that i read this, it is very surprising how proffessionally and smoothly the Rhapsody split went.

But I gotta say its entertaining haha and well written, great job BloodTears! Reads a lil more like a magazine as opposed to the standard Metalstorm formula.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
03.09.2012 - 01:55
Lit.
Account deleted
Taking bets on who's gonna win drama of the year: This or Randy Blithe's incarcaration.
03.09.2012 - 03:19
Symmachus

Bah, Tate is a drama queen. Queensrÿche was one of the first bands I listened to when I started getting into metal. However, I've got to say this: my respect for Tate is dwindling, and is starting to run out. If he's going to form a band, he should at least have enough [self-]respect to equip a new name, and this drama is ridiculous. I really don't like how Queensrÿche, like other bands, have accumulated such an ego over recent years, while their quality of music has, at least from my perspective, declined. Seriously, there are several bands like that. I appreciate the band's musical contributions, especially from the 80s and 90s, but Tate is drawing too much attention to himself.

Also, from past experience, before I heard about the past ongoing drama centered around Dream Theater, they were one of my favorite bands. Nowadays, though, while I won't say that they aren't anymore, I gravitate toward them much less because of the ensuing drama of Portnoy leaving the band (not so much the initial transaction, however). I like it better when band line-ups change, and a worldwide scene isn't created around it.

Sure, what I've said here may not be the nicest words, but I freaking loathe drama.
03.09.2012 - 06:44
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by psykometal on 02.09.2012 at 21:39

King and Gaahl trying to take Gorgoroth from Infernus

Written by Introspekrieg on 02.09.2012 at 22:57

Damn, both my comments are already taken.
Maybe Tate can call it Kingsryche?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
03.09.2012 - 08:20
Void Eater
Account deleted
03.09.2012 - 14:39
Milena
gloom cookie
Two minutes of related hilarity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hqGeNN5Xdo
----
7.0 means the album is good
03.09.2012 - 17:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by AngelofDeth on 03.09.2012 at 00:29

Now that i read this, it is very surprising how proffessionally and smoothly the Rhapsody split went.

But I gotta say its entertaining haha and well written, great job BloodTears! Reads a lil more like a magazine as opposed to the standard Metalstorm formula.

A compliment, I'll take it of course
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
03.09.2012 - 18:46
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by M C Vice on 03.09.2012 at 06:44

Maybe Tate can call it Kingsryche?

*Kingsrÿche.
----

03.09.2012 - 21:53
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Guest on 03.09.2012 at 08:20

I laughed so hard on this...

Imagine the first song from Geoff's solution: The Reich without Queen...
----
03.09.2012 - 21:57
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Milena on 03.09.2012 at 14:39

Two minutes of related hilarity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hqGeNN5Xdo

There is a slight chance that the midi music on the video is better than what Mr Tate will produce.
----
05.09.2012 - 06:15
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
No offense, but do either variant even matter anymore?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.09.2012 - 17:16
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 05.09.2012 at 06:15

If you need an answer to your question, I'll gladly give it: NO.
05.09.2012 - 17:56
Yellax

...does anyone really care about Queensryche anymore?

...just saying...

Oh....yes...I laughed too when I read that article...
----
I'm a furry. Get used to it.
06.09.2012 - 12:36
Hellthunder

Written by Yellax on 05.09.2012 at 17:56

...does anyone really care about Queensryche anymore?

...just saying...

Oh....yes...I laughed too when I read that article...

I didn't for the longest time, then I heard about this line up change and my hopes of 'rÿche returning to make music that doesn't blow were elevated just a bit.

Of course I'm talking about the "proper" 'rÿche, not this Geoff Tate farce.
06.09.2012 - 12:54
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Still better love story than Twilight...or not...?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.09.2012 - 21:09
Yellax

I don't know about any of you, but I am starting to sense a pattern here. Dream Theater, Queensryche, and Fates Warning are supposedly the three founding fathers of progressive metal during the 80s. Dream Theater created a bunch of drama. Now Queensryche did. Does this mean Fates Warning is going to now? Are Fates Warning still a thing?
----
I'm a furry. Get used to it.
06.09.2012 - 21:42
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Written by BitterCOld on 05.09.2012 at 06:15

No, not really, it's just interesting to watch how far into the abyss the band has fallen.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).

Hits total: 4366 | This month: 7