Metal Storm logo
Tablets

06.09.2012 - 20:10
MetalSpider
So anyone here use tablets?

I just bought the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab 2 or whatever you want to call it. It's a pretty good tablet. A little on the slow side, but works well for my needs and for the price. I was going to go for the Asus but its hard to find accessories for it. But it was a faster tablet. Typing this message is a little slow and laggy but not bad. It's a great size and the screen is good quality (not as good as the iPad 3 though). So far though i am definitely enjoying it. Whenever i get my new phone, I'll share my data with the tab and have it on the road with me during work.

Anyone else have one?
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
06.09.2012 - 21:11
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I was a huge Android guy for a very long time. Phones, Tablets, ect. I just had too many problems with them. Force closes, Error, some apps would work with some products and sometimes it wouldn't. I had the Galaxy tab and the Toshiba Thrive. Honestly the Thrive for it's price was pretty good.
I Just recently bought the new Ipad. They are not too expensive. Incredibly happy with it so far.
07.09.2012 - 02:16
MetalSpider
This is my first Android device so its still very new and cool as shit to me lol. I have the iPhone 3GS which i use as an ipod. Ive had it for years which is why i kind of didnt want the iPad (that and its still expensive here).

Ill either be getting the new iPhone or an Android phone. Not sure yet.
----

07.09.2012 - 18:55
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by MetalSpider on 07.09.2012 at 02:16

This is my first Android device so its still very new and cool as shit to me lol. I have the iPhone 3GS which i use as an ipod. Ive had it for years which is why i kind of didnt want the iPad (that and its still expensive here).

Ill either be getting the new iPhone or an Android phone. Not sure yet.

I just sold my Android phone. They are fucking awesome. The technology is mind blowing. Still yet they are not that stable and the batter life sucks pretty bad. That's the biggest downfall for me. Androids are little super computers in your hand. After a while I realized that I didn't really use the full features that the phone was able to offer. Plus I have a couple of computers back at home. So I sold the phone and gave in to being hip while buying the Iphone 4s. Honestly? Best choice that I have made. Its consistently fast, stable, battery lasts a very long time. Plus it's not a brick like most android phones are. Its small and compact but big enough. Android phones are just clunky. Just my take on the whole phone thing. It's always a tough choice because of how expensive they are.
08.09.2012 - 22:42
MetalSpider
That is one thing I really noticed about the iPhone (3GS in my case)...it's a very consistent phone. It never really gave me problems, always fast, everything worked great. It was the best phone I've owned...but having the Samsung tablet with Android...it's less stable, but you can do so much more. And some of the new Android phones are just awesome.

That's why Im still on the fence about the new iPhone or an Android phone.
----

24.09.2012 - 20:57
MetalSpider
Written by Guest on 22.09.2012 at 17:35

I got a laptop and don't see the need of ever buying a tablet. btw i know of some dude who has an ipad, iphone, ipod, psp, xbox, laptop, they got a desktop at their home and i am left to wonder how the hell he uses all those gadgets considering they just perform similar functions, his reason is that he is just obsessed with tech stuff.

Well for me, a tablet is useful. My job involves me driving from site to site fixing banking machines. There are days where I work a bit far from home and it's a slow day so I have nothing to do. So I sit in my car or coffee shop and use my tablet on my downtime when I don't want to risk driving home only to get a call and I have to drive all the way back.
----

07.10.2012 - 18:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I think of tablets as being something of a cross between smartphones and laptops, they can be useful as they don't loose charge as quickly as some laptops but can still access the internet and stuff.

However I think that a decent laptop with a good battery and a mobile internet (USB stick) connection is a million times more useful than a tablet. Plus it probably costs less than the Ipad for example.
08.10.2012 - 02:17
MetalSpider
Written by Valentin B on 07.10.2012 at 18:17

I think of tablets as being something of a cross between smartphones and laptops, they can be useful as they don't loose charge as quickly as some laptops but can still access the internet and stuff.

However I think that a decent laptop with a good battery and a mobile internet (USB stick) connection is a million times more useful than a tablet. Plus it probably costs less than the Ipad for example.

A cheap/equally priced laptop but i figured since i already have a laptop i thought a tablet would keep me entertained with games, books and whenever i get my new cellphone i can share data between my phone and tablet so i can use the internet on my tablet whenever im far from home.
----

08.10.2012 - 19:23
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 07.10.2012 at 18:17

I've always saw it the same way. If you have a smartphone, depending on what one you probably have a better product than most tablets.

I recently bought the new Ipad but then traded it for a Acer IconiaTab and cash. Honestly, it's not too bad. I never really used the tablet because of a phone and or computers so there was no need for such a nice one. I'd happily pay a couple hundred for this if I could for more uses for it.