Metal Storm logo
Last Song In Your Life

Original post

Posted by Ellrohir, 15.09.2012 - 19:48
A friend on another forum brought me to this idea - Imagine you know you can listen to just one last song before you die. Which one it would be and why?

I would pick "Land Of The Dead" by Summoning. Its a majestic masterpiece by one of my most, if not the most, favorite bands, full of atmosphere and especially with grandiose outro. I think with the last tones of this song fading away in silence, one day I could really say "Yes, my life is complete now" and close my eyes forever...
20.09.2012 - 14:14
Angry Chair

Blackwater park by Opeth as its my favorite song and also my favorite album
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
25.09.2012 - 15:21
MetalRec-Grutle

I would say The Doors - End of the Night

Maybe I don't listen to The Doors that often nowdays, but they sure left the biggest trace in my life.
25.09.2012 - 18:35
In5anity

Am I the only one in for Candlemass' "If I ever die"? Some megalomania for the end.
25.09.2012 - 19:48
shadow149

I really like to listen" warrior of the world united" manowar song
10.03.2013 - 03:39
skrog1

Without a doubt, it would be The Doors' - The End. Such an epic song about death. I love it.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
04.04.2014 - 07:28
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Last Song I Personally Would Hear:
Unfurl - Katatonia - Very smooth and calm way to go out, I need to put my mind at ease as I slowly drift away.

At Funerary Service:
Collapse the Light into Earth - Porcupine Tree - Very sad and morose song that's sure to set the mood for anyone that happens to come.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
04.04.2014 - 09:08
R Lewis

I would say Dream Theater's "The Spirit Carries On". I mean, what's better than that when you're dying? Knowing you actually aren't dying?
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
04.04.2014 - 11:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by R Lewis on 04.04.2014 at 09:08

I would say Dream Theater's "The Spirit Carries On". I mean, what's better than that when you're dying? Knowing you actually aren't dying?

That's a great song to die to.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
04.04.2014 - 11:26
BloodTears
ANA-thema
For me, it would definitely be something from Anathema, anything. But my favourite song is "Forgotten Hopes", so that seems appropriate.

Dentura's choice for "Collapse the Light into Earth" is great too.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.04.2014 - 01:53
ANGEL REAPER

Iron Maiden -Die With Your Boots on cause if you gonna die-die with your boots on....

dunno,realy ... Maybe "Into the lungs of hell" by Megadeth or Bathory -"A fine day To Die".
dunno ,something loud and inspiring ...i would not like to die with some depressing tune in bacground...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
11.11.2014 - 23:44
_deepblack

It changes time to time but Opeth - Burden or Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell or maybe Camel -Stationary Traveller or King Crimson Epitaph but i think i choose Opeth
12.11.2014 - 19:19
Wukk

There are far too many of these threads.

For similar reasons to people who have already posted here, I'm going to say Extol - Celestial Completion.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
13.11.2014 - 06:41
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Possibly one of those song from Corrupted (Jpn) cuz they are long as fuck and that way I will last longer.
----
Christless