Metal Storm logo
Last Song In Your Life

15.09.2012 - 19:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
A friend on another forum brought me to this idea - Imagine you know you can listen to just one last song before you die. Which one it would be and why?

I would pick "Land Of The Dead" by Summoning. Its a majestic masterpiece by one of my most, if not the most, favorite bands, full of atmosphere and especially with grandiose outro. I think with the last tones of this song fading away in silence, one day I could really say "Yes, my life is complete now" and close my eyes forever...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

15.09.2012 - 20:11
Edmund Fogg

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=25989

Not exactly the same, but I think it fits right in and the answers will be aproximatly the same as well
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
15.09.2012 - 21:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Not only its "not exactly the same", i would even say it is very fucking different
----

15.09.2012 - 22:03
Edmund Fogg

We'll see, but I don't see the difference. Might as well create one with The song you'd play right when your hit with terminal cancer, right befrore being hit by a bus, right before the end of the world or your favorite song of all time. The end result is the same and the discussion around it too.
----
15.09.2012 - 22:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
In "suicide" thread people just competing to think up the most depressive song to amplify the fact it is about suicide...here you can say the song that really means the most for you...and i dont think most of us are planning to end their lives through suicide, so i really think there would be different song picks and different reasons...
----

15.09.2012 - 22:28
Oaken
Hipster
IMO it's quite different because in suicide a person will probably choose a dark song, however in normal death he'll probably choose his favorite song.
Personally, I would play some Agalloch. They have the most beautiful music I've ever heard, so it would be a good way to say goodbye.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
15.09.2012 - 22:36
Edmund Fogg

Written by Oaken on 15.09.2012 at 22:28

IMO it's quite different because in suicide a person will probably choose a dark song, however in normal death he'll probably choose his favorite song.

And why is that? You don't want to end your life with a song that you don't like much but deem the most fitting for suicide. When I was younger, I tried twice to end my life, and the activities I did right before were not linked to death, but on the oposite were the things I loved most, things I thought I would miss.
----
15.09.2012 - 22:40
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Edmund Fogg on 15.09.2012 at 22:36

Written by Oaken on 15.09.2012 at 22:28

And why is that? You don't want to end your life with a song that you don't like much but deem the most fitting for suicide. When I was younger, I tried twice to end my life, and the activities I did right before were not linked to death, but on the oposite were the things I loved most, things I thought I would miss.

In the suicide thread, some people said they would listen to Lulu by Metallica to help them kill themselves. But I doubt they would choose it again here.
----
15.09.2012 - 22:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Between this, the suicide thread and the song at a funeral thread I make a total of two pointless threads. They're just variations of a theme.
15.09.2012 - 22:51
Edmund Fogg

Written by Oaken on 15.09.2012 at 22:40

In the suicide thread, some people said they would listen to Lulu by Metallica to help them kill themselves. But I doubt they would choose it again here.

So if trolls post something in New album Reccomendation 2012 creating a new thread called Albums you liked thus far this year would make it troll free. I don't see the logic.
----
15.09.2012 - 22:58
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Edmund Fogg on 15.09.2012 at 22:51

Written by Oaken on 15.09.2012 at 22:40

So if trolls post something in New album Reccomendation 2012 creating a new thread called Albums you liked thus far this year would make it troll free. I don't see the logic.

I simply meant that the song of choice will differ from situation to another, because musical preference is altered by mood, and there's a great difference between the mood of someone committing suicide and someone dying happily.
----
15.09.2012 - 23:04
Edmund Fogg

Fine, I'll just stay away from this thread in the future. My opinion on it hasn't changed thought.
----
15.09.2012 - 23:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.09.2012 at 22:59

This thread has nothing to do with suicide, unless that's one's way to end life.

Song at a funeral is a song for others, after death, in a certain traditional milieu.

Yet it begs the question: can one simply posit these questions in one of the other threads without derailing it? The answer in my opinion is yes, they most definitely can.
15.09.2012 - 23:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And once again...we have 2 posts about topic and the rest is an ardent discussion, whether the topic is legitimate or not...whats wrong with MetalStorm lately?
----

15.09.2012 - 23:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.09.2012 at 23:13

It's a question for moderators. I do my part and defend the inequality of these threads.

Inequality? More like lacking quality if you ask me. Mods have been notably absent of late.
15.09.2012 - 23:31
Fredd
Account deleted
Arcturus - Ad Astra ...to the stars.

YAAAAY I'M ON TOPIC! =3
16.09.2012 - 00:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
3/21 on topic...not bad i guess...
----

16.09.2012 - 00:27
Sync
Account deleted
Hmm, I would just play the longest song ever before I die, since it wouldn't be that nice to see it ended.
inb4 deep
16.09.2012 - 01:33
Mad Arab666

Death come near me - draconian
Waters of ain - watain
One of those two for me.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
16.09.2012 - 02:45
Unhealer
Eclecticist
It's so hard to choose that I'd be thinking about it forever and thus, keep living and never die.
Not bad at all.
16.09.2012 - 02:55
cadenceofthewind

Written by Ellrohir on 15.09.2012 at 19:48

I would pick "Land Of The Dead" by Summoning. Its a majestic masterpiece by one of my most, if not the most, favorite bands, full of atmosphere and especially with grandiose outro. I think with the last tones of this song fading away in silence, one day I could really say "Yes, my life is complete now" and close my eyes forever...

Brilliant pick and incredibly brilliant song! I never grow tired of hearing it.

This is such a difficult question, though. I think I would have to chose between Land of the Dead and Agalloch's Not Unlike the Waves. But then again I feel like I should mention some Eluveitie and Moonsorrow, haha... :p
----
"Time contracts, then expands, all in tune with the stirrings of the heart."
16.09.2012 - 10:12
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I WON"T DIE SUCKERS!!
16.09.2012 - 17:55
MetalSpider

Moonsorrow....from any of their albums.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
16.09.2012 - 19:14
nicaZe
Savatage
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner from Iron Maiden, then I can die
16.09.2012 - 21:21
Sangre Sani

One by Metallica.
17.09.2012 - 00:36
elseif

I never listened to Summoning before I read this, it's a really good song :p
17.09.2012 - 01:42
SlaytanicGonzo

Opeth - Ending Credits

It's really sad, yet kinda bittersweet at the same time. It would be the ending credits of my life
17.09.2012 - 13:19
FOOCK Nam

Is the thread similar to this Song played at funeral ?

You can have your song before you die, but is it meaningless that you have another song in your funeral ?
17.09.2012 - 13:22
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by FOOCK Nam on 17.09.2012 at 13:19

Is the thread similar to this Song played at funeral ?

it isnt the same...song played during your funeral you cant hear...this is about the last one you can listen to
----

19.09.2012 - 13:51
Sorrow

Pink Floyd - Wish you were here..