07. Aging Ghost

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 33 users
18.09.2012 - 03:18
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I really enjoyed this album. Some of it kind of sounds similar to Agalloch's "Faustian Echoes."
18.09.2012 - 03:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Haven't heard this one yet. Liked their other stuff though
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.09.2012 - 03:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 18.09.2012 at 03:18

I really enjoyed this album. Some of it kind of sounds similar to Agalloch's "Faustian Echoes."

I don't think it his the reason why it reminds you of Faustian Echoes but Aesop Dekker does drum on this Ludicra album and on the Agalloch e.p.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.09.2012 - 03:41
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.09.2012 at 03:30

I don't think it his the reason why it reminds you of Faustian Echoes but Aesop Dekker does drum on this Ludicra album and on the Agalloch e.p.

I know that, trust me. Seen Agalloch live and I'm very familiar with both bands. The reason I say there are some similarities is that a lot of the riffing and vocal approach on Faustian Echoes sounds very similar to some parts of this Ludicra album.
18.09.2012 - 03:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 18.09.2012 at 03:41

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.09.2012 at 03:30

I know that, trust me. Seen Agalloch live and I'm very familiar with both bands. The reason I say there are some similarities is that a lot of the riffing and vocal approach on Faustian Echoes sounds very similar to some parts of this Ludicra album.

Like I said I haven't heard this Ludicra album, so can't judge on that part. Saw Ludicra a couple of times live in April/May 2011 just before they called it quits. And seen Agalloch quite a few times as well, last time being last April (so 2012)

Funny thing about Ludcira when talking to John Corbett and Aesop and the girls in the band, they are all majorly into old school heavy metal and thrash
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.09.2012 - 03:55
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.09.2012 at 03:47

Funny thing about Ludcira when talking to John Corbett and Aesop and the girls in the band, they are all majorly into old school heavy metal and thrash

Since they are from San Francisco, that doesn't surprise me. I've been on an old school metal and thrash listening spree lately myself. There are some people here that are into certain scenes then there are some that are regulars at all the metal shows, no matter what the genre. I'm probably more or less part of that latter group. Definitely check out this album though when you get the chance, it's a little different than the band's later material.
18.09.2012 - 04:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 18.09.2012 at 03:55

Since they are from San Francisco, that doesn't surprise me. I've been on an old school metal and thrash listening spree lately myself. There are some people here that are into certain scenes then there are some that are regulars at all the metal shows, no matter what the genre. I'm probably more or less part of that latter group.
Quote:

Even though the scene I am most into is the doom scene here I also try to check out as many different acts as possible, no matter what they play. That's the great thing about the tiny country The Netherlands is/. Everything is quite nearby. At most you'll have to travel two hours here.

Quote:

Definitely check out this album though when you get the chance, it's a little different than the band's later material.

I am certainly planning to check it out.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 3782 | This month: 7