Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - New Song Available For Download

MTV.com is hosting an exclusive download of Megadeth's new song, "Gears of War", at this location. The track comes off the group's new album, "United Abominations", tentatively due in March 2007 via Roadrunner Records.

Said Megadeth mainman Dave Mustaine about the track: "This was a mix made by Andy Sneap to apply for the job as mixer on this record and I was so impressed I wanted him to help me finish up the last parts as well as cutting two new songs we hadn't planned on releasing. A great start to one of my favorite records to have ever made so far. If the process of writing and tracking, and the energy we felt in the studios is any indication, then this is just the beginning of the rebuilding of the perfect beast!"

A video clip of Megadeth performing "Gears of War" live on October 31, 2006 at Six Flags in Springfield, Massachusetts during the "Gears of War - Match Made In Hell" event has been posted online at YouTube.com.

Source: mtv.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 22.11.2006 by Damnated

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 4 users
22.11.2006 - 14:13
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
"If the process of writing and tracking, and the energy we felt in the studios is any indication, then this is just the beginning of the rebuilding of the perfect beast!"

Omg, you're not supposed to say that about your own band...
22.11.2006 - 18:13
jadawal

Cool.

Does this have to do anything about the movie "gears of war" comming out?
22.11.2006 - 18:17
jadawal

What the fuck only for americans, thats fucking MTV I suppose.
22.11.2006 - 20:27
kackbratze

I have to say I kinda like that song! It's not awesome, but pretty enjoyable. I just don't like the production somehow, it sounds too soft. The live version sounds much better, rougher. I'm looking forward to the new album anyway, TSHF was already cool.

cheers!
24.11.2006 - 11:25
ElCon
Account deleted
Gears of war rox ... strate to problem ... heavy sound ... heavy lyrics ... new album will be great ... so as the "System has faild" was.

Hits total: 3017 | This month: 6