Metal Storm logo
Lordi - Reach Finals Of The Eurovision Song Contest

Finnish Hard Rockers Lordi were elected to perform for their country at the Eurovision Song Contest with their song "Hard Rock Hallelujah" and managed to reach the finals, which will take place on Saturday night, 8 p.m. local time, in Athens, Greece. It will be broadcasted in all countries that are part of the European Broadcasting Union. In the semifinals, which took place tonight (May 18), Lordi managed to be one of ten acts out of 23 to reach the finals, a fate more popular mainstream acts like Kate Ryan (for Belgium) haven't met.

Metal Storm congratulates Lordi on this success and wishes all the best for Saturday!

Band profile: Lordi
Event: Eurovision Song Contest
Posted: 19.05.2006 by Lyrinan

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 30   Visited by: 4 users
19.05.2006 - 06:41
Götter
Actually, I must say I preferred the Ukrainean performer. Yes, the blatant Shakira clone. First, because she was so much better than all the other pop artists. Second, because Lordi sounded totally weak.
19.05.2006 - 09:00
Milan
Account deleted
Lordi rocks!!! I just hope they will win.
19.05.2006 - 09:29
Lost One
Account deleted
Whether or not they sounded weak really doesn't matter to me, I don't care for Lordi anyway, but the fact that an act like this can make it to the finals in one of the most mainstream competitions ever is commendable!
19.05.2006 - 09:46
Bahamut_
Account deleted
the matter is not if they sound heavy, or weak, the matter is that metal/hard rock is kicking pop's ass \m/ yeah!

and even not being my fav genre of music, their live perfomnence was great, all the visuals were so cool
19.05.2006 - 10:01
Thryce
Retired Staff
Good point there Bahamut_
I didn't watch the Eurovision Song Contest but I heard Lordi was pretty good and they deserved to be in the finals. I make sure I can watch their perfomance in those finals.
My mom did watch it though and she said she liked Lordi's song and it was one of the better songs around, although she doesn't like the genre at all (lol)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
19.05.2006 - 10:17
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
I watched it, and I actually don't care at all who wins, but I though the guys from Lituania were really funny! That's right, make fun of the whole concept! Mwahahahaha, more humour in ESC!:maniac:
19.05.2006 - 10:47
metalforos

Lordi you kicked theis buts. I'm so proud of them
Keep up and win. I'm sure they will
----
Stay All Heavy...!!
19.05.2006 - 11:17
Lupas
Maximus
Yeah, great performance from LORDI.

I'm proud to be a metalhead. all songs are pop or rap but LORDI give us hope to all of us . I wish all success to them and all metalstorm members should vote for them
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
19.05.2006 - 18:45
Bas
Retired Staff
musicwise i dont really like Lordi, i was never too fond of glamrock/glammetal and i am stoll not really fond of it, however i watched and i thought the show was very good, music was well, Lordi, but i knew how it would sound like, but the show was awesome, congratulations to them,

and i think their image is funny :p
that's why i think they deserve to win
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
19.05.2006 - 20:26
Xxel
Account deleted
I think that song was pretty mainstream. Singing about hard rock seems quite corny to me, I mean ''hard rock hallelujah''?
20.05.2006 - 02:37
cuauhtle

Lordi ownz!
----
Bright Eyes, Blinded by fear of Life..
20.05.2006 - 12:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
i loved to see them there although i had to get through some painful songs before they performed but it was worth it. it didnt even matter the song that played the fact that they were there and reached the finals is a pretty good achievement. when i saw them perform i knew right away that they would reach the final and they might win, i certainly hope so.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.05.2006 - 13:51
darkwitch669
Account deleted
great finaly some real music, this year lordi has to winn, next year a new festival nl metal eurovision
greetz the darkwitch669:banger:
20.05.2006 - 15:51
Dark Kingdom
Account deleted
On Thursday,their performance on stage was great! I'm sure they will perform even better on Saturday!! I would like to see how people here in Greece are going to react if Finland wins the contest.
20.05.2006 - 21:31
Anna Varney
Account deleted
now 5 and 6 year olds like lordi and metal.So nice!
in my opinion,eurovision is total crap
not that enycody cares what my opinion is of course
20.05.2006 - 21:54
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
good uck for Lordi they won't present only Finland but all the Hard rocker's\metallers too
----
20.05.2006 - 21:54
Thryce
Retired Staff
If every metal head/ hard rocker would vote for Lordi tonight, we would finally beat the shit out of pop for once and for all. And afterwards we just abolish the Eurovision Crap Contest and everybody is pleased.
We in Belgium spend over ?120.000 for some crappy singer who didn't even get into the finals... Pure disgrace for our country and a total waste of our tax money!! Also according to a poll here 92%of the Belgian population don't wish to participate on the contest no more but politics and staff of the biggest television compagny think otherwise, the bastards
----
Your favorite band sucks.
21.05.2006 - 00:38
N.T.Christ
Account deleted
YES, it's happening right before our eyes!

IN UNION WE STAND!

Metalheadz all over Europe voted for Lordi! They're winning the Eurovision Song Contest in this moment!

We're gonna show this pop-music-suckers that metal rules!!!
21.05.2006 - 00:54
N.T.Christ
Account deleted
THEY DID IT! THEY REALLY DID IT!

LORDI WON THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2006!!!
21.05.2006 - 01:04
Xxel
Account deleted
Oh my god, they won.....they actually won the whole thing
21.05.2006 - 01:06
XenZ
Account deleted
finally a song that won that you can listen to... Fucking great they won that shit

HAIL FINLAND AND A BIG HAIL TO LORDI
Vunts

THEY DID IT!!!! That's totally amazing. Finland have basically sucked until now (in Eurovision i mean) and now THIS!? I don't have words. If only i had a keg to celebrate with.
N.T.Christ
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 15:51

On Thursday,their performance on stage was great! I'm sure they will perform even better on Saturday!! I would like to see how people here in Greece are going to react if Finland wins the contest.

This is your chance!
21.05.2006 - 01:12
arwestromen

Europe has spoken hard rock is the shit...I want to thank all who made this possible

HAIL FINLAND and LORDI
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
21.05.2006 - 01:26
priit

a great song in esc for a change
21.05.2006 - 01:29
Lupas
Maximus
Wow Lordi did it .
A new era of metal has began .

Tks LORDI , you show all europe that metal is
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
21.05.2006 - 01:30
Lindsay4ever
Account deleted
This is fuckin' great HAIL FINLAND
And I hate Dima Bilan (I am russian)
21.05.2006 - 01:34
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
I hope this will change something in later Eurovision contests. All of Europe has shown that Heavy Metal actually is a competitive genre and that European Hard Rock acts have a chance. Thank you Lordi and thanks Europe!
21.05.2006 - 12:34
Dark Kingdom
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by N.T.Christ

This is your chance!

When Lordi got the award,I went out to celebrate.Unfortunately no one was on the streets celebrating for their great performance.I guess many were sad 'cause the Greek song only got 9th place.Anyway,at least Greece gave 12 points to Finland.I'm proud that people here are crazy metalheads!!!!!(including me too)
01.06.2006 - 21:48
bangladesh

I must congratulate Lordi. I don't like mutch his sound but compared to the rest of the Eurovison songs this was the best. This Eurovision can be a step to the rock recognize and maybe a future inspiration that lets other countries to have rock bands representing his country. A future metal contest in Europe could begin

Hits total: 3137 | This month: 7