12. Self Immolation
13. Suffer Age
14. W.O.E
15. Desecrate
16. Escape Confusion
17. Manipulation

Featured in "Getting Into: Fear Factory"

Additional info
Recorded at Grand Master, Ltd. (Hollywood, CA), May 1992.
Mixed at Fon Studios (Sheffield, England), June 1992
Mastered at Future Disc (Hollywood, CA).

Guest review by
Sonic MrSumo
Rating:
A band's first release is a blank canvas; no expectations placed upon them by fans (because they have next to none), and no pre-conceived ideas as to what may be contained on the release. It is a time where bands can truly record and release what they feel and what is meaningful to them, and provides them with a one-time opportunity to shine.

Read more ››
published 11.02.2011 | Comments (16)

Found in 11 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 339 users
23.09.2012 - 18:07
Rating: 8
musicalkaratekid

Obviously one of the darkest and most aggressive albums by the band, there is not a single song here which hints at any sort of melody or lush atmosphere. It's all grinding mechanical and industrial noise, mixed in with some seriously heavy death metal inspired riffs to give the sound that extra crunch and bite. It is probably their most underrated album, but there are reasons for that too. 17 songs may seem quite a lot, but by eschewing the shorter tracks such as 'Natividad' and 'Arise above Oppression', this album could probably have been a whole lot better.
10.12.2014 - 12:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
From what I remember of this album it was a cool concept: the idea of Fear Factory making industrial death metal, but the songs were extremely bland and too numerous and mostly followed the same dull melodies and vocal patterns. Probably one of their weakest albums. I owe it a visit though as it's been a few yeas. I imagine my impression will be even less positive though.
21.01.2022 - 00:35
Rating: 10
VileVick-Bryant

I actually love how Godflesh this album is. Just makes it so powerful sounding.
27.01.2023 - 20:13
Rating: 7
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Very Godflesh influenced for sure. Vocals are a little cringey at times. Too same-y to get a higher rating out of me, but it's not a bad listen.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 9934 | This month: 30