Metal Storm logo
Omnium Gatherum - Announce New Bassist, New Album Update

Finnish melodic death metal band Omnium Gatherum revealed the following announcement about recruiting a new bassist: "We're glad to finally make it official and announce that OG is a real 6-piece troop again - we welcome Erkki Silvennoinen as a new bass player to Omnium Gatherum. Erkki is a die-hard pro dude with a warm nice attitude, just the way we like it, and we know him well from sharing same stages than us since almost ten years ago. He used to play in Amoral as well as in Finnish Idols winner Ari Koivunen's band back in the day. At the moment he is also playing in awesome brutal tech death metal band De Lirium's Order."

Here's what Erkki has to say about his new vocation: "I'm very excited to join Omnium Gatherum. I already know most of the guys from way back when I was playing warm-up gigs for them. I have seen them grow and evolve into the tight unit they are today and hire Jukka as their front-man, who also happens to be one of my best friends. It's an honor to get to play with such talented musicians. The previous bass players have left some big shoes to fill... I hope they fit."

"At the same time we say huge thanks to Eerik Purdon who was filling the low-frequence spot almost one year as a session member on stage and in studio - thanks mate and we owe you a big one!"

The band also revealed a short update about their new upcoming album: "All the material is now ready & recorded and the stuff is now in hands of Dan Swanö at Unisound Studio where the mixing, mastering and magics happen! The raw stuff sounds awesomely amazing already before the mixing, so we're pretty sure that even Mr. Swanö cannot ruin this anymore!

A tentative release date for the new album have been set to February 2013."

Source: omniumgatherum.org
Band profile: Omnium Gatherum
Posted: 27.09.2012 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 76 users
27.09.2012 - 23:34
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Wow he does a really good job with DLO Hopefully he might help changing OG's music to the best
28.09.2012 - 18:55
Litvin

Who is Mr. Swanö ?
30.09.2012 - 01:45
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Litvin on 28.09.2012 at 18:55

Who is Mr. Swanö ?

This guy
30.09.2012 - 19:40
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Risto on 30.09.2012 at 01:45

Written by Litvin on 28.09.2012 at 18:55

Who is Mr. Swanö ?

This guy

And he produced the new Fractal Gates cd released sometime very soon!
----
rekt

Hits total: 2578 | This month: 7