Metal Storm logo
Hinduism

01.10.2012 - 23:08
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
There seems to be no topic about this religion, seems like Hindus are the least talked about in this world.
I have nothing against the religion, except the fact that it is highly based on idol worship,
I hate the fact that temples get crowded to such an extent that you have to gasp for fresh air in one of those special days in the year!
And i really dont understand why westerners tend to be attracted towards Hinduism, since everything about the religion is based on STORIES.
01.10.2012 - 23:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 01.10.2012 at 23:08

...since everything about the religion is based on STORIES.

So, is everything with ALL other religions. ALL religions are based on make believe stories.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.10.2012 - 23:31
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.10.2012 at 23:12

So, is everything with ALL other religions. ALL religions are based on make believe stories.

I meant Hinduism :/
01.10.2012 - 23:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 01.10.2012 at 23:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.10.2012 at 23:12

I meant Hinduism :/

I know. And I was just saying it isn't restricted to Hinduism, but that ALL religions suffer that fgate
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.10.2012 - 23:50
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.10.2012 at 23:33

I know. And I was just saying it isn't restricted to Hinduism, but that ALL religions suffer that fgate

its 3AM here and i dont know what the hell im reading, my bad
02.10.2012 - 01:25
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
You've gotta admit that some of them are fun stories.
I would hate being a hindu and not being able to eat meat though mmmm cows nom nom nom
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
02.10.2012 - 07:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Spirit Molecule on 02.10.2012 at 01:25

I would hate being a hindu and not being able to eat meat though mmmm cows nom nom nom

Help me out. I have always wondered why is that specifically cows are sacred to Hindus?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.10.2012 - 08:28
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Spirit Molecule on 02.10.2012 at 01:25

i think i dont regret that, i would have been less skinny if ate meat but i really love cows, they are such a poor creatures, and i dont think that there are hundreds of gods inside them btw, its some kind of a major joke!
02.10.2012 - 08:31
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.10.2012 at 07:16

Help me out. I have always wondered why is that specifically cows are sacred to Hindus?

They believe that there are GODS residing inside every part of cow, and in the stories, lord Krishna loves cows and says that they are the most beautiful creatures ever created.
There are also few scriptures that ban us from eating them, no reasons mentioned.
02.10.2012 - 10:48
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 02.10.2012 at 08:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.10.2012 at 07:16

They believe that there are GODS residing inside every part of cow, and in the stories, lord Krishna loves cows and says that they are the most beautiful creatures ever created.
There are also few scriptures that ban us from eating them, no reasons mentioned.

It's an unnecessary hype made by Indians that "cow" is the most beautiful and lovely and bah bah bah bah!! and that's why we love that creature and worship it.......utter bullshit. In my honest opinion, Cow is sacred in India because her milk is fucking tasty and people are motherfucking addicted to it . Indians can kick their family member out of their house BUT they won't ever kick COW out of their houses because every morning people out here love to forcefully squeeze her parts and take out the fucking milk...that's why they most care about COW. Well, they are many other benefits attached to it but I just think of this one and i suppose this hold the MOST the very true part.
02.10.2012 - 11:43
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 02.10.2012 at 10:48

It's an unnecessary hype made by Indians that "cow" is the most beautiful and lovely and bah bah bah bah!! and that's why we love that creature and worship it.......utter bullshit. In my honest opinion, Cow is sacred in India because her milk is fucking tasty and people are motherfucking addicted to it . Indians can kick their family member out of their house BUT they won't ever kick COW out of their houses because every morning people out here love to forcefully squeeze her parts and take out the fucking milk...that's why they most care about COW. Well, they are many other benefits attached to it but I just think of this one and i suppose this hold the MOST the very true part.

Haha, that made me laugh.

@ Marcel, I'm not quite sure about the reason for cows being sacred, but if I'm not mistaken it is due to the fact that a hindu god uses a cow as a mode of transport. Also as the wizzard said, hindus have a polytheistic view, meaning many gods. They believe that god is part of everyone and everyone is part of god, or something along those lines. So basically everything is sacred.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
04.07.2013 - 05:22
Thrashette

^ I believe that reason is the correct one (or so I was taught)... But multiple animals produce milk and there are other animals that provide humans with milk, like goats. By that logic, shouldn't those animals also have some sacred value?

As for dietary restrictions, most of the Hindus I've met abstained from cow meat but still ate other meat. In fact, I think I've met one who also ate cow. I've only met one who was actually a vegetarian, but I don't know many Hindus.

On a related note, I have a copy of the Bhagavad Gita hanging around in my room... I've been meaning to read it just out of curiosity and perhaps to gain some enlightenment, but probably won't actually get to it for a while.
04.07.2013 - 11:28
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Thrashette on 04.07.2013 at 05:22

On a related note, I have a copy of the Bhagavad Gita hanging around in my room... I've been meaning to read it just out of curiosity and perhaps to gain some enlightenment, but probably won't actually get to it for a while.

"I am become Death,the destroyer of worlds " ... best part in damn thing
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.09.2013 - 07:52
Mrophine

you might like it.. some of the verses may inspire you. I used to use it as a guideline to live my life but not anymore. But Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana and Mahabharatha are really fun stories to read though
20.09.2013 - 10:12
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Mrophine on 20.09.2013 at 07:52

But Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana and Mahabharatha are really fun stories to read though

I find it better to watch epics on TV than reading that loaded stuff for couple of weeks. Only problem is that the language used is very difficult to comprehend as Sanskrit drops in every word or line. So, i see with couple of friends who're use to see all these. But, they're very fascinating.
20.09.2013 - 11:51
Mrophine

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 20.09.2013 at 10:12

But Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana and Mahabharatha are really fun stories to read though

I find it better to watch epics on TV than reading that loaded stuff for couple of weeks. Only problem is that the language used is very difficult to comprehend as Sanskrit drops in every word or line. So, i see with couple of friends who're use to see all these. But, they're very fascinating.

I think these stories can become a theme for indian metal bands. But its kinda hard figuring a way out to make it fit in with metal
20.09.2013 - 22:50
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Mrophine on 20.09.2013 at 11:51

I think these stories can become a theme for indian metal bands. But its kinda hard figuring a way out to make it fit in with metal

Then I guess you haven't checked out Kartikeya yet. Post-ethnic extreme metal band from Russian/Serbian/Canadian province which is heavily influenced by Indian culture, mythology and classical/folk music.

21.09.2013 - 06:56
Mrophine

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 20.09.2013 at 22:50

Written by Mrophine on 20.09.2013 at 11:51

Then I guess you haven't checked out Kartikeya yet. Post-ethnic extreme metal band from Russian/Serbian/Canadian province which is heavily influenced by Indian culture, mythology and classical/folk music.

I really dont know how i feel about it.. i mean i kinda disliked the classical stuff in the second video but overall i really dont know.
09.03.2016 - 18:15
Enteroctopus

As far as "Hinduism," the "religion" as we (Westerners generally) know it was an invention of the British. Colonists attempted to distill literally thousands of cultures and mythologies, and different types of cuisine, into something more generically "Indian." If we look at the word, "INDia," and the word, "HINDu," we see a common root related to the Indus Valley. It's one of the most ancient and culturally diverse places on the planet, so calling them all "Hindu" is too simplistic.

Now in post-Colonial India the picture has changed because the Colonists did view and treat, "The Hindus" as pretty much one monolithic people - as they did to Native Americans. As a result there is a real and legitimate Indian Culture just as it is a real thing in the United States to be "An Indian" (feather, not dot, as they say). That is separate and distinct from British Colonial Culture, but of course influenced by it. The popularity of yoga is one example of cultural exchange that occurred in this process. In reality there are many different kinds of yoga, but again Westerners tend to think of them as yoga, period. Likewise, Palak Paneer is a popular British cuisine, and a great plate of the stuff can be found practically anywhere in London. Is Palak Paneer Indian or British? Both?

The religion we think of as Hinduism is simply an amalgam of religious traditions that appear similar because they are quite distinct from Judeo-Christianity. If you're used to pine trees then the plantlife in Arizona tends to look like a whole bunch of cactus, when again there are many thousands of types. It's all the same to us because they ain't pines!

That said, desert cacti do share a lot of major characteristics as do traditional Indian religious beliefs. It's tempting to say it's one thing
12.12.2020 - 18:05
kindouch

With respect to dietary limitations, a large portion of the Hindus I've met swore off dairy animals meat yet ate other meat. Truth be told, I 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf think I've met one who additionally ate dairy animals. I've just met one who was really a vegan, yet I don't know numerous Hindus.