01. Djävulens Eld
02. Apokalypsens Vita Dimma
03. Genom Svarta Vatten
04. Nihil Sine Morte
05. Aska
06. Svavelpsalm
07. Orcus Labyrint
08. Monolit

Atmospheric black metal of the highest quality!

These Swede's don't try & reinvent the wheel, but they know what they are doing & do it well. This is a multi-layered, mid-paced black metal record that incorporates acoustic passages and clean chants with a beautiful yet sombre atmosphere. With a total running time of 60 minutes & with only one track clocking in under six & a half minutes it won't suit everyone's tastes, but If you are willing to invest the time & soak in all the layers on offer you will be rewarded with a truly great listening experience.

Nefarious's picks | More picks ››

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 152 users
06.10.2012 - 01:57
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Awesome that this came out. their last album was totally tubular so i will definitely give this one a few listens.
----
Coldgrits
09.10.2012 - 18:54
Rating: 8
Merchant of Doom

It's a lot faster and heavier than the previous one... still, beautiful acoustic passages...
11.10.2012 - 17:19
Crème fraiche

I've been in the mood for some new black metal, I'll have to check this out!
13.10.2012 - 18:46
Rating: 6
Draugen

Frostscald Records has quickly become one of my favorite labels with bands like Dråpsnatt and Sorgeldom consistently producing good albums. Another Swedish band, Skogen, is no exception to this and while their latest release does not quite reach the overall quality of last years Svítjod in my opinion, it is still a very solid album.

Nefarious did a great job describing what to expect in terms of sound with his staff pick so there is no point in me trying to do the same. All I can say is that I enjoyed the album a lot and recommend it to everyone who is interested in some top notch atmospheric black metal with a folky touch.
07.11.2012 - 16:56
Rating: 8
Oaken
Hipster
Fabulous slab of genuinely-atmospheric black metal. As it is stated in Nefarious's staff pick, this is not at all original, but it is very well done. In general it is very mid-paced, rarely going into blast beat territory, and also noticeable is the grim nature of the riffs that creates a dark yet ethereal atmosphere. My favorite track is probably "Apokalypsens Vita Dimma" especially with its spine-tingling clean vocals.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
14.11.2012 - 18:30
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
In my opinion this is as average as Atmospheric Black can get. There's nothing particularly bad about it, but it's tremendously boring at many parts
15.11.2012 - 07:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Alex F on 14.11.2012 at 18:30

In my opinion this is as average as Atmospheric Black can get. There's nothing particularly bad about it, but it's tremendously boring at many parts

Like all of Skogen's albums
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.11.2012 - 14:29
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.11.2012 at 07:56

Written by Alex F on 14.11.2012 at 18:30

Like all of Skogen's albums

Well the previous two had their moments, but nothing that yields over a 7 (which i gave their debut)
04.08.2013 - 14:10
Rating: 10
Copernicus

Great album!!

Hits total: 7700 | This month: 16