Metal Storm logo
Non-English-Night pop/rock/party songs

11.10.2012 - 02:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Now I realize this may not be the best place to ask around for this but I want to see if there's any obvious picks I'm missing.

I'm looking for songs that may be suitable for a non-English night party. Pretty simple, the only music that will be playing will be one that does not have English lyrics (ok, maybe 1-2 per song as this would mean I'll have to skip Gangnam Style ) or is instrumental. I'm looking for genres such as:
-Disco
-Pop
-Rock/Hard Rock
-House/Dubstep

I left out the Latino music genre as almost all of it tends to be in Spanish/Portuguese anyway and there's a lot of stuff to work with there. Suggest away, posers fellow MS'ers!
11.10.2012 - 03:33
FOOCK Nam

- Luianne is worth listening, trance or house, from Spain but not Latino...
- I like Modern Talking but it could not meet topic.
- Royskopp of Norway is very good of house genre though I'm not sure if their songs are all non-English..
11.10.2012 - 19:15
IronAngel

It falls into the Latin American sphere, but Rodrigo y Gabriela got pretty successful with their flamenco.

Also, gotta mention the Swedish Kent, before a certain someone gets here.

From Finland, I'd recommend PMMP (the best band singing in Finnish, hands down), Regina, Pariisin Kevät, Eleanoora Rosenholm and Soul Captain Band, off the top of my head. Some of it is chart-topping stuff, but all of it alternative and substantial enough to warrant actual listening. There may be better party music out there, but I can't really recommend something I woulnd't play myself.

Here's what I'd play at a party like that:
PMMP - Kesäkaverit
Eleanoora Rosenholm - Ambulanssikuskitar
Regina - Saanko jäädä yöksi?
Liekki - Pienokainen
Ultra Bra - Älä soita tänne enää koskaan
Pariisin Kevät - Pikku Huopalahti
Soul Captain Band - Vastarintaan
Kent - Dom Andra
11.10.2012 - 19:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by IronAngel on 11.10.2012 at 19:15

You mean before me slaggin that atrocious band off? Or before Roddy Boy/Mr. Doctor come in here and squirts all over the place?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.10.2012 - 19:27
IronAngel

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.10.2012 at 19:25

You mean before me slaggin that atrocious band off? Or before Roddy Boy/Mr. Doctor come in here and squirts all over the place?

I was thinking of the squirting, but slaggin will have to do.
11.10.2012 - 21:03
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Valentin B on 11.10.2012 at 02:14

Now I realize this may not be the best place to ask around for this but I want to see if there's any obvious picks I'm missing.

I would have bet one of my paychecks you get a reply from IronAngel
----
rekt
11.10.2012 - 21:09
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Only Joe Dassin comes to mind
11.10.2012 - 21:18
IronAngel

I imagine Rammstein and Kraftwerk are rather iconic German bands. I think the latter mostly sings in English but they got some German songs. Some early Francoise Hardy from the 60-70ss is pretty representative of French popular music (and not too bad). L'amitié is a nice song to check out.

Regina Spektor's latest has some Russian cover songs as bonus tracks. The Prayer of Francois Villon and Old Jacket.
11.10.2012 - 21:50
Ernis
狼獾
Although suggesting Iranian music is risky due to their propensity for what could be considered turbofolk, I kinda like the two following examples (Persian and Tajik, respectively)...

Oh... and almost forgot... Estonian pop...

this one's kinda bad tho but the singer actually has a good voice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l65_e9S27ok
12.10.2012 - 07:25
Void Eater
Account deleted

12.10.2012 - 14:48
theFIST

I rather stay away from those genres, but maybe that is close enough to what you search for:
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
12.10.2012 - 15:56
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 11.10.2012 at 21:50

Although suggesting Iranian music is risky due to their propensity for what could be considered turbofolk, I kinda like the two following examples (Persian and Tajik, respectively)...

Oh... and almost forgot... Estonian pop...

this one's kinda bad tho but the singer actually has a good voice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l65_e9S27ok

which specific Iranian band or music or singer you mean?

EDIT : some time ago I checked this one by phone and I accidentally come to know that with no clear reasons these links don't appear in my phone
12.10.2012 - 18:41
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Cannibal Corpse - Kill
12.10.2012 - 19:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Carl Berg on 12.10.2012 at 18:41

Cannibal Corpse - Kill

trying to be funny, sir?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.10.2012 - 22:12
FOOCK Nam

Written by Guest on 12.10.2012 at 07:25

Daddy Yankee and the Wisin y Yadel is awesome : ), it's no surprising that Caribbean life of full of party and noise fun : ))))

Russian pop/techno has very melodic/melodious pop and techno dj scene, I could not type Russian dialect but they have a lot good songs for party...

enjoy the party : )))
13.10.2012 - 06:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Thanks everyone for the videos!

Written by FOOCK Nam on 12.10.2012 at 22:12

Russian pop/techno has very melodic/melodious pop and techno dj scene, I could not type Russian dialect but they have a lot good songs for party...

Unfortunately that's a boyband from the Republic of Moldova and the song is in Romanian, which means I am painfully aware of that song and of the retardation-inducing lyrics.
13.10.2012 - 19:05
FOOCK Nam

@Valentin B: it's fun to see how you encounter your mother tongue music ? : ))) , I thought it was Moldova language... I really like that kind of music, feel free recommend me that type of music artist/songs.

Kent is awesome, both the music and video of Dom Andra mentioned above is very nice. I should have known them sooner : )))
14.10.2012 - 01:10
Ernis
狼獾

Daddy Yankee and the Wisin y Yadel is awesome : ), it's no surprising that Caribbean life of full of party and noise fun : ))))

"numanuma"

NO! No you didn't... no, you just didn't call Romanian a dialect of Russian... and you dare say it in front of a Romanian....

You're lucky Valentin was so cool with it...
14.10.2012 - 02:49
Edmund Fogg

Quebec has a very talented scene of indie pop and indie rock bands. Here's a couple.

Malajube
Karkwa
Bernard Adamus
Jean Leloup
Bran Van 3000
Mononc' Serge
Groovy Haardvark
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
14.10.2012 - 03:56
FOOCK Nam

Written by Ernis on 14.10.2012 at 01:10

"numanuma"

NO! No you didn't... no, you just didn't call Romanian a dialect of Russian... and you dare say it in front of a Romanian....

Ohh may I know why ? I dont mean to offend due to my post . Sorry I was just meaning Russia has a good melodious music scene, and the part of O-Zone guys is another different part, I didnt know they sing in Romanian, just thought the song was in Moldovian because the band from Moldova... : (
14.10.2012 - 14:09
Ernis
狼獾
Written by FOOCK Nam on 14.10.2012 at 03:56

Ohh may I know why ? I dont mean to offend due to my post . Sorry I was just meaning Russia has a good melodious music scene, and the part of O-Zone guys is another different part, I didnt know they sing in Romanian, just thought the song was in Moldovian because the band from Moldova... : (

In fact, there is no such thing as Moldovan language. Romanian is spoken in Moldova, although a significant part of the population speaks Russian. It's like in Estonia where people speak either Estonian or Russian which are completely different languages.
15.10.2012 - 01:15
FOOCK Nam

Written by Ernis on 14.10.2012 at 14:09

Written by FOOCK Nam on 14.10.2012 at 03:56

In fact, there is no such thing as Moldovan language. Romanian is spoken in Moldova, although a significant part of the population speaks Russian. It's like in Estonia where people speak either Estonian or Russian which are completely different languages.

Oh nice info now I know a new cultural thing : )
15.10.2012 - 04:19
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.10.2012 at 19:05

Written by Carl Berg on 12.10.2012 at 18:41

Cannibal Corpse - Kill

trying to be funny, sir?

I didn't know you didn't appreciate fine house music.
15.10.2012 - 15:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ernis on 14.10.2012 at 01:10

"numanuma"

actually I read this just now and I thought that he meant to search for songs in cyrillic (which is what I presume he means by Russian dialect), given that he can't type it.. anyway it's no prob.
16.10.2012 - 03:09
Edmund Fogg

----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
19.10.2012 - 06:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by IronAngel on 11.10.2012 at 19:15

It falls into the Latin American sphere, but Rodrigo y Gabriela got pretty successful with their flamenco.

From Finland, I'd recommend PMMP (the best band singing in Finnish, hands down), Regina, Pariisin Kevät, Eleanoora Rosenholm and Soul Captain Band, off the top of my head. Some of it is chart-topping stuff, but all of it alternative and substantial enough to warrant actual listening. There may be better party music out there, but I can't really recommend something I woulnd't play myself.

Here's what I'd play at a party like that:
PMMP - Kesäkaverit
Eleanoora Rosenholm - Ambulanssikuskitar
Regina - Saanko jäädä yöksi?
Liekki - Pienokainen
Ultra Bra - Älä soita tänne enää koskaan
Pariisin Kevät - Pikku Huopalahti
Soul Captain Band - Vastarintaan
Kent - Dom Andra

damn, some of these including the ones posted by Vampyro, were weird as fuck, I was beginning to wonder if Finland has any normal pop songs, but I got Taistelun-something from Soul Captain Band and Kiitos from PMMP.. gotta play it as safe as possible or else everyone's heads will be spinning around thinking WTF is this