09. For My Fallen Angel

Additional info
The Digipak version came with a bonus track and some of them came with two:
10. It Will Come (Nightmare Remix) 5:36
11. Grace Unhearing (Portishell Remix) 7:04

Staff review by
KwonVerge
Rating:
My Dying Bride, such a tragic/dramatic name for a band and the music could not be different, in the contrary, drama, mourning, poetry and death harmonize so beautifully together in the pieces of Art that My Dying Bride has offered to the world throughout the years.

One year after the magnificent "The Angel And The Dark River" My Dying Bride returned with another brilliant album, "Like Gods Of The Sun" and, truly, My Dying Bride on this album shine like gods of the sun. For the first time the band offers more and not so lengthy compositions, showing also how much they have matured as composers and players.

Read more ››
published 25.11.2005 | Comments (6)

Found in 22 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 458 users
14.10.2012 - 01:05
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Classic! One of their very best albums!
"For My Fallen Angel" was actually the first MDB song I ever heard, not a metal track of course. But still very intriguing, very sad....It often makes me cry.

Great album! Which is a hell of alot more than what I have to say about the follow up to this CD
09.05.2013 - 21:39
Rating: 9
Erik M.

This is their best gothic doom album after The Angel and the Dark River for sure. Excellent album.
30.05.2016 - 21:35
Rating: 9
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Erik M. on 09.05.2013 at 21:39

This is their best gothic doom album after The Angel and the Dark River for sure. Excellent album.

A Kiss To Remember are greatest song what band has written lyrically and For You is my fav song, video is awesome
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.10.2016 - 23:31
Rating: 10
Redel

Quote:
A Kiss To Remember are greatest song what band has written lyrically and For You is my fav song, video is awesome

This is an almost perfect album.
It doesnt start off that convincingly in the first three songs, but after that it takes you.
A kiss to remember and For you are my fav songs here. I also have It will come and For my fallen angel on my top list.
This album is only topped by TLTS, in my opinion.
Lately, unfortunately MDB couldnt perfectly keep up this quality, but in my eyes they are still extremely good.
12.03.2020 - 00:54
ickoriss

Probably my favorite in the "Aaron Doesn't Scream On These" series of albums. A gothic/doom classic for sure!
29.09.2022 - 23:39
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
This is a very good album with somd fantastic songs, although it's a wee bit inconsistent overall.
I hate to admit it but I actually prefer the beauty and the beast style vocals more than just his clean vocals, if he was to use his harsh vocals on this aswel as his clean I think I might have found this album more to my liking.

Hits total: 12887 | This month: 41