Metal Storm logo
Pantheist - Band Update, New Album In The Works

Official press release:

As we have successfully completed our last gig of the year at the awesomely organized and improbably pleasant Dublin Doom Days, it's time for self-reflection and some short updates about what we have been up to, and what we are about to do.

2012 found us doing a small number of quality gigs, rather than the larger number of (usually) less attended gigs of the previous year, and we think that this should be the way forward for the future too. At the moment we are concentrating on writing, rehearsing and discussing our fifth album and that will remain our priority for a while. Our ambitions for this upcoming album couldn't be any higher, and we are planning a concept that will involve artistic collaborations, our website, full use of sound and imagery, and ultimately you, our audience. This is going to be a long and hopefully satisfying journey that should do full justice to the band's name and philosophy.

In the meanwhile, we have just sold the last black shirt of our 'candelabra' design. We have decided to discontinue the small number of remaining shirts. A new design will come around the time of the release of our next album. Thanks to all who have bought, borrowed, stole or worn one of our shirts.

What else is in the works? We have been talking for a while to a young and talented film maker about the possibility of making a video clip of our track "Be Here". Not having done a proper video clip so far is one of our main frustrations, as there is a certain visual imagery in our music which we think should be more emphasized. We hope to announce more news regarding this project soon.

Talking about frustrations... Vinyl. For years we own the rights of our back catalogue on vinyl, but don't seem to find a label interested enough to release any of them. Or maybe we don't know enough vinyl labels? We have the full audio recording of our legendary gig with Skepticism at St. Gilles-In-The-Fields in 24 channels and this recording is of a very high quality (unfortunately the same can't be said about the video recordings we have seen). We would be very interested to see this recording see the light of day in vinyl form one day. Any interested labels, or if you have any suggestions, please get in touch.

We still have copies of the Unveiling The Signs split and the Pantheist album (although we are running out of the latter) so there is still the chance to support the band by buying them if you haven't done so yet. Grau are in the process of reissuing our back catalogue, and a start shall be made on the 23rd November with the re-release of Amartia. This reissue will contain new liner notes and should satisfy the need of the many people who seem to have been unable to find a copy for a while (we sold out our last copies of this album many years ago).

Stay tuned for more news about our upcoming album and its concept soon, and thanks for your support.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pantheïst
Posted: 10.10.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 12 users
14.10.2012 - 01:39
Symmachus
Well, Shape of Despair are having two of their albums released in vinyl format via Aftermath Music, in a run of 250 copies. I wonder if Pantheist would be interested in Aftermath for that endeavor.
14.10.2012 - 11:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Symmachus on 14.10.2012 at 01:39

Well, Shape of Despair are having two of their albums released in vinyl format via Aftermath Music, in a run of 250 copies. I wonder if Pantheist would be interested in Aftermath for that endeavor.

it's not that simple. First of it depends on who owns the rights to the song material and secondly if I were Patheist I would not have Aftermath handle my vinyl releases. Simply, cause they do an average job on them both in packaging and sound quality and such. I won a couple of Aftermath vinyl releases and they are of a lot less quality than those by for example Svart, High Roller, Buried Between Time And Dust, Rusty Crowbar, hell, even Rise Above, etc etc
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.10.2012 - 01:27
Symmachus
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.10.2012 at 11:51

Written by Symmachus on 14.10.2012 at 01:39

it's not that simple. First of it depends on who owns the rights to the song material and secondly if I were Patheist I would not have Aftermath handle my vinyl releases. Simply, cause they do an average job on them both in packaging and sound quality and such. I won a couple of Aftermath vinyl releases and they are of a lot less quality than those by for example Svart, High Roller, Buried Between Time And Dust, Rusty Crowbar, hell, even Rise Above, etc etc

I did not know that information about modern day vinyl releasing. The part about the ownership rights of the music makes sense, though. Thanks for elaborating.

Hits total: 2264 | This month: 6