Metal Storm logo
Cattle Decapitation - Premiere New Video

"Forced Gender Reassignment", the new NSFW video from US grind stalwarts Cattle Decapitation, has premiered and is available for viewing exclusively at Bloody-Disgusting.com. The video features strong sexual violence including rape and sexual assault. Mitch Massie helped out with the video.

"Forced Gender Reassignment" comes off their latest album Monolith Of Inhumanity.

Band vocalist Travis Ryan commented: "For the Forced Gender Reassignment video I wanted something mean and cruel and flat out disturbing. It seems nowadays you have to be over the top in your presentation to get anyone to think about anything anymore. The song is about taking certain religious sects and showing them what its like to be in another person's shoes - someone whose life is simply different than theirs - but forcibly so, of course, or else it just wouldn't be Cattle Decapitation. A band heavily steeped in irony, pessimism and fucking pain. There was no second choice - Mitch Massie was the only person for the job. He helped put our vision directly on the screen and we couldn't be more happier and at the same time repulsed by the aftermath."

Mitch Massie added: "Travis threw down the gauntlet and asked for something based around the lyrics to this insane song. Of course I had to accept the challenge. Have free reign to create something that could piss people off, make family members hate me even more, potentially ruin my future with more delicate bands, and make a complete audio/visual 'fuck you' in the most unapologetic way? Hell yes, count me in. This time the lyrics had to be visualized realistically as opposed to metaphorically so an absolute-bat-shit-insane cast was needed."

"Truly, nothing is more life affirming or fun than to shoot a project full of violence, rape, and mutilation with a group who has no fear of anything. So much of this video is real that I've never laughed so much in my life while being seconds away from a trip to the emergency room every day. Caleb Schneider is a personal hero of mine for creating the 'appliance' and having enough faith in me to do it justice. Getting a box of dicks in the mail is a very special yet humbling moment in one's life. It was no surprise that Travis had a difficult time finding a place to show this disgusting and very bloody project but it is amazing, ironic, and fitting that Bloody Disgusting decided to support it. I'm thankful all of our work can be heard and seen in the right place. I hope this isn't the last time I get to do something this outrageous and awful. I would love to do a Taylor Swift video based on Story of the Eye."

Source: bloody-disgusting.com
Band profile: Cattle Decapitation
Posted: 16.10.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 88 users
16.10.2012 - 13:28
Rulatore
F.u.c.k. it was pretty sick. watch at your own risk people.
16.10.2012 - 14:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Haha, that was pretty vicious stuff! Perfect visual accompaniment for the song's subject matter though.
16.10.2012 - 15:26
BudDa
Elite
I watched this on mute and found it boring. The fact that the picture also keeps changing every 1/2 second didn't help matters either.
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
16.10.2012 - 18:58
Sync
Account deleted
Well, that was... just dandy. O.O
17.10.2012 - 01:30
machiavelli
Account deleted
Vile gratuitous torture gore... i watched the whole thing but it was not redeeming in any way except in reaffirming the understanding that people are creative twisted nutjobs.
17.10.2012 - 04:27
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
This video makes both Shining videos look like Sesame Street episodes. I mean, not a difficult task, but FUCK did Cattle Decap do it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.10.2012 - 04:32
Void Eater
Account deleted
17.10.2012 - 21:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by BudDa on 16.10.2012 at 15:26

I watched this on mute and found it boring. The fact that the picture also keeps changing every 1/2 second didn't help matters either.

Precisely why this video failed at delivering a shocking impression. The creator clearly doesn't understand the psychology of what makes people uneasy and uncomfortable. Jumping from cut to cut every few seconds and cinematic shaky shots is the worst way to do it. It should have lingered on one thing for extended amounts of time.
17.10.2012 - 22:08
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 17.10.2012 at 21:58
Precisely why this video failed at delivering a shocking impression. The creator clearly doesn't understand the psychology of what makes people uneasy and uncomfortable. Jumping from cut to cut every few seconds and cinematic shaky shots is the worst way to do it. It should have lingered on one thing for extended amounts of time.

I can see what you're getting at, but for people who aren't used to seeing such overtly violent imagery, even the video as it is, will be shocking. Any fan of something like say, Asian horror cinema will not be too disturbed by the images, but most other people would be. I'm not normally a fan of gore for gore's sake, especially in cinema. In music, it's more acceptable though. But Cattle Decapitation, much like Carcass before them, are a thinking person's gore band. I do agree that the video would have had more impact had the images of sadism and torture been lingered on more, instead of the jumping and flashing camera work that it actually has. But still, for a music video, it is pretty brutal. I do agree with you though, the impression CD wanted to leave the veiwer with would have been more potent had they gone totally for the jugular. But still, viewing comments for the video, a lot of people have been sickened by it!
17.10.2012 - 22:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 17.10.2012 at 21:58

Written by BudDa on 16.10.2012 at 15:26

Agree, the video was pretty meh... We didn't even get nice tits.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.10.2012 - 22:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.10.2012 at 22:08

I can see what you're getting at, but for people who aren't used to seeing such overtly violent imagery, even the video as it is, will be shocking. Any fan of something like say, Asian horror cinema will not be too disturbed by the images, but most other people would be. I'm not normally a fan of gore for gore's sake, especially in cinema. In music, it's more acceptable though. But Cattle Decapitation, much like Carcass before them, are a thinking person's gore band. I do agree that the video would have had more impact had the images of sadism and torture been lingered on more, instead of the jumping and flashing camera work that it actually has. But still, for a music video, it is pretty brutal. I do agree with you though, the impression CD wanted to leave the veiwer with would have been more potent had they gone totally for the jugular. But still, viewing comments for the video, a lot of people have been sickened by it!

I think it's very easy to splay gory shots and mutilation and call it shocking though, rather the kind of thing some students would do for an A level media project or something. As you say I'm certainly far more desensitised this kind of thing than you and others might be.

Actually truth be known I avoided this video because I assumed it contained animal torture of some sort. I'd find that far more distressing than any human torture =P
17.10.2012 - 22:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 17.10.2012 at 22:16
Actually truth be known I avoided this video because I assumed it contained animal torture of some sort. I'd find that far more distressing than any human torture =P

Hah yeah... In the gore websites I look around most of the comments are in the vein "Oh man!!!! but the dog is fine, nice!"
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.10.2012 - 22:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.10.2012 at 22:38

Hah yeah... In the gore websites I look around most of the comments are in the vein "Oh man!!!! but the dog is fine, nice!"

Exactly! Like in films, we always want the dog to live more than any of the human characters.
17.10.2012 - 23:11
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 17.10.2012 at 22:16
I think it's very easy to splay gory shots and mutilation and call it shocking though, rather the kind of thing some students would do for an A level media project or something. As you say I'm certainly far more desensitised this kind of thing than you and others might be.

I guess I'm a bit desensitized to it too... after watching films like Ichi The Killer, Audition, and I Saw The Devil, it would be pretty hard to shock me with gore visuals!

Animal torture, yes, I find it very difficult to watch that. Even if it's simulated for a film, and not real, I find it hard to watch. Which is why say, the "On The Brink Of Extinction" video by Napalm Death is far harder for me to watch, than this one was.

I can see what CD were trying to do... maybe they could have got a better director to do it though!
19.10.2012 - 22:53
Lit.
Account deleted
Looks like Saw PG-13.
21.10.2012 - 10:44
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
It disgusted me a lot at first, but with repeated viewings, you kind of get used to it. It's still pretty grizzly though.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).

Hits total: 3391 | This month: 4