05. Algo Lagnia / To Embrace The Rites Of Masoch
06. Elitotems / Odimus Profanum Vulgus

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 110 users
24.10.2012 - 08:11
Evil Chip

This one is great. It's not the same wall-of-sound ambient experience as Atonal. Neverthless great record.
29.09.2013 - 23:38
Rating: 10
mz

Generally harder than their AH, this album is more relied on drum sound. The progression of song and direction of riffs sound somehow to go nowhere, which is a very good thing. Also, as expected, deep drones are the dominant guitar sound. Vocals are probably the weakest part, not because they are bad: they are brought up too much in the mix and reduce the inhuman and machine like vibe of record. Also, AH is mostly a instrumental album but this one, on the other hand, delivers extensive vocal work. The only song which seems rather out of place is "Post Theophanies / To Unbind The Son And The Holy Ghost" because of its vocals and also relatively melodic style. The other thing is that I really wished that all of the songs were merged together and formed a single and overwhelming track.
All in all, a very good album and one of the most mechanicalized landscapes I've ever seen (or heard ))
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
01.10.2013 - 12:23
mz

whoa what a monster :| I had listened to this for maybe 15 spins during these days and it is really the most crushing fucking devastating album I've heard. Also, overall it tops the (excellent) AH. Those who found AH a little too easy should give this one a shot.
----
09.10.2013 - 17:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 01.10.2013 at 12:23

whoa what a monster :| I had listened to this for maybe 15 spins during these days and it is really the most crushing fucking devastating album I've heard. Also, overall it tops the (excellent) AH. Those who found AH a little too easy should give this one a shot.

Just occurred to me, have you ever listened to Overmars 'Born Again' album. Think you might like it.

Bandcamp if you're interested.
09.10.2013 - 18:40
mz

Written by Guest on 09.10.2013 at 17:19

Just occurred to me, have you ever listened to Overmars 'Born Again' album. Think you might like it.

Bandcamp if you're interested.

thank you. I was not familiar with them. Side 1 was very enjoyable and I am now going for side 2
Edit: oh,they are on Appease Me
----
09.10.2013 - 18:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 09.10.2013 at 18:40

Edit: oh,they are on Appease Me

Yep, that's how I found out about them a while back.
16.05.2014 - 11:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Decent album, but the vocals bring this down quite a lot. Too aggrotech-y for me and it somewhat lessens the impact of the music. I actually prefer the build ups / atmospheric sections to the general songs, which is probably why Destrud Mortid / To Comply With The Cruel Contract stands as the best track for me. More of that would have been nice. I suppose that's why Atonal Hypermnesia is so brilliant though as it's somewhat of a logical progression from that.
16.05.2014 - 13:21
mz

Think that I am the biggest fanboy of this record.
Initially, vocals were the least great part, but I somehow got used to them. Now I think that they work pretty well in the context of music.
My most played album of the last year Now I consider this as one of my all time favorites.
----
19.03.2015 - 18:52
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Nowhere near as good as Atonal Hypermnesia, but still love that crushing doom-industrial sound of this and the previous album. You can sort of see how PHOBOS went from here to AH, but this one is much closer to Tectonics than the latter album.
----

Hits total: 4244 | This month: 11