11. Avmaktslave [bonus]

Disc II [Bonus DVD - Live At Ozzfest 2004]
01. Spellbound (By The Devil)
02. Vredesbyrd
03. Kings Of The Carnival Creation
04. Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse
05. Mourning Palace

Additional info
Re-recorded version of 1996 album "Stormblåst". Some lyrics are not the same as on the first release.
"Sorgens Kammer" from the original album was stolen from the computer game Agony. Stian Aarstad used the melody without telling the other members.
The band always thought that the song was their own, until the original composer contacted with them. For this reason, the song was not used on Stormblåst MMV, and replaced by a new version called "Sorgens Kammer - Del II".

Recording line-up:
Shagrath: vocals, guitars, bass
Erkekjetter Silenoz: guitars, bass, vocals
Hellhammer: drums
Mustis: keyboards

Staff review by
KwonVerge
Rating:
It's 1996 and a band from Norway named Dimmu Borgir manages to release their second effort, "Stormblast". The expectations from the black metal audience must had been quite big and Dimmu Borgir didn't prove these expectations wrong, on the contrary, they offered a really inspired piece of majestic black metal to the world. What someone could notice from "Stormblast" was an intense will for a lyrical atmosphere, having an epic feeling at times or a more melancholic approach at others. And thus "Stormblast" remained a classic release to the eyes of many black metal fans, up to an extent.

Read more ››
published 16.12.2005 | Comments (25)

Guest review by
TheH2K
Rating:
This time Dimmu Borgir made an effort to remake a masterpiece by mixing their first and third wave. Let's see whether it is a real failure as most people say or not.

They definitely nurtured the record, yet the nature is gone. What I mean is the sound quality has been amazingly enhanced, which can be really thrilling but the atmosphere is completely gone. "Alt Lys Er Svunnet Hen"'s intro has been removed due to copyright issues, which is a deal-breaker to me. "Broderskapets Ring" and "Når Sjelen Hentes Til Helvete" are unnecessarily accelerated, which I cannot understand why. The "Stormblast" track is the best remake on this album, but is only acceptable and nothing exceptional.

Read more ››
published 03.06.2020 | Comments (3)

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 432 users
01.11.2012 - 02:36
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Why would you ruin a masterpiece like that? it's like they're trying to appeal to all the "faggoths" and "mall goths" .....seriously.

oh and apparently the beautiful Sorgens Kammer and the gorgeous beginning of the opening track......were all stolen which is why they are absent on this release. I understand why they did that, but taking away those parts alone, made the album more empty.

This is awful
01.11.2012 - 07:55
Rating: 9
JÄY
Metal slave
Sounds awesome to me......
16.01.2015 - 01:05
Rating: 10
Kreator22

I love it. Always dreamed for an album like this.
05.01.2019 - 20:47
Rating: 6
Maasai Mara

Sounds better than the original. The improved production makes it less of a snorefest, the stupid sorgens kammer has been replaced with a slightly better version.
----
You are not metal enough until you visit Kenya. The cradle of mankind, where man learnt first to work with stones and first enjoyed the sounds produced by banging stones which later influenced metal in all its sounds and genres.

Hits total: 12664 | This month: 35