Metal Storm logo
Suicide Silence - Singer Mitch Lucker Passes Away At Age 28

Suicide Silence's label Nuclear Blast has just confirmed the passing of Mitch Lucker, the band's singer, "due to injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident" at the age of 28.

The following statement was released: "It is with great sadness and regret this morning that we have to report that Mitch Lucker, vocalist of Suicide Silence, passed away a few hours ago due to injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident. Nuclear Blast would like to offer our condolences to his family, friends, band members and fans worldwide who are affected by this loss."

"He left us doing what he loved to do most. He was 28 years old and will be sorely missed. Fans are encouraged to share their memories, photos of Mitch and condolences on the band's official Facebook http://www.facebook.com/suicidesilence and Twitter http://twitter.com/suicidesilence pages."

The band released this statement: "There's no easy way to say this. Mitch passed away earlier this morning from injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident. This is completely devastating to all of us and we offer our deepest condolences to his family. He will be forever in our hearts. R.I.P. Mitchell Adam Lucker - We Love You Brother."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Suicide Silence
Posted: 01.11.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 43   Visited by: 423 users
01.11.2012 - 20:56
Jiri
RIP.

I guess early death is inevitable with bands that mess with that "death" term. Suicide Silence, Death, Dead, Euronymous (Prince of Death), etc. Contrasting this is Lifelover's B. However, their band name was a parody to the music they played.
01.11.2012 - 21:00
Fredd
Account deleted
RIP.
01.11.2012 - 21:03
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
RIP.

I didn't like the band's music but I still never would've wished death upon on any of it's members.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

01.11.2012 - 21:33
Symmachus
Wow, that's rough. I didn't expect to come across this news today. It's quite unfortunate that he died like that.
01.11.2012 - 21:38
MIXHELL
RIP
01.11.2012 - 21:48
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
It's never good when a member of the metal community passes away, even if you don't like the band.
01.11.2012 - 22:08
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 01.11.2012 at 21:48

It's never good when a member of the metal community passes away, even if you don't like the band.
01.11.2012 - 22:14
blackmamba
Shit that's terrible news. RIP
01.11.2012 - 22:19
a MasT
Motorcycles are too high risk. Very sorry to hear RIP.
01.11.2012 - 22:41
TrollandDie
Same as most people here. Not a fan of their work, but to see someone die that young is tragic regardless.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
01.11.2012 - 23:18
Mad Arab666
28 is way too young. RIP
----
Bring up the wolves head!
01.11.2012 - 23:20
Svneatr
Vitharr
RIP, terrible for fans of the band, even worse for the band, even worse for his family.
02.11.2012 - 00:02
Sword_Chant
Written by Alex F on 01.11.2012 at 21:48

My thoughts exactly... RIP
02.11.2012 - 00:05
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Sad news... RIP man.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
02.11.2012 - 00:12
Saiyanity
Like many have said already, I absolutely couldn't stand the band, but regardless it's always sad to see a brother in metal pass away. RIP.
02.11.2012 - 00:16
Behdaad
DEAD
Just watched a live clip from them after hearing about Mitch's death.
Sad news, RIP Mitch.
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
02.11.2012 - 00:41
machiavelli
Account deleted
Man, I just looked at their catalog... no love for this band here.
02.11.2012 - 01:17
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
I hate Suicide Silence with every essence of my being... though I am saddened cause this fucker could put on a bitchin' show. He even got my ass to move a little bit in the mosh pit. You will be missed somewhat. Rest In Pieces may your head bang in the Eternal Oblivion with the Metal Gods.
02.11.2012 - 01:50
Void Eater
Account deleted
Really sad for his young daughter whose going to have to grow up without a father. RIP.
02.11.2012 - 03:02
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
RIP.

28's way too young.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.11.2012 - 03:50
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
RIP.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.11.2012 - 04:47
bloodface
I think it would be a good idea for people to note that they didn't like the band before saying their condolences......it helps keep your street cred. i am giggling at the posers that merely seemed compassionate and said RIP.
02.11.2012 - 06:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
This piece of news pains me in two ways. I enjoy my deathcore sometimes and I remember enjoying Suicide Silence songs when checking them out in preparation for the 2012 summer festivals, and I really don't care what people around here say, this band was/is crushing as fuck. That and we're talking here about a fellow bike enthusiast dying doing what he liked, that's always kinda poetic and very sad at the same time.
02.11.2012 - 06:31
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
It was only a year I guess that I was chatting with him in Solus bar and he said "This band is nothing what fans are comprehending about, I am gonna taking this motherfucking band to much higher level" and then Bassist joked: If only you will die" . Mitch said: Yeah.

RIP
02.11.2012 - 07:35
CrowKiller
Unlike most people commenting, I actually enjoy listening to this band. Immense vocalist, RIP metal brother, your legacy lives on \m/
02.11.2012 - 07:42
Vermoorden
Great screamer, their albums have gone down hill after the first release though..Will always love the shit out of the cleansing. RIP mitch, you will be missed!
02.11.2012 - 08:29
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by bloodface on 02.11.2012 at 04:47

I think it would be a good idea for people to note that they didn't like the band before saying their condolences......it helps keep your street cred. i am giggling at the posers that merely seemed compassionate and said RIP.

Gotta love the sarcasm of this post! xD

Of course, this is a terrible tragedy, especially for his family. To die at 28.... well it's just so unexpected. RIP Mitch, and condolences to his bandmates and family.
02.11.2012 - 09:10
In Bone Factory
RIP
----
The End Is Nigh ...
02.11.2012 - 11:00
Jindichelezn
There's also an online memorial dedicated to Mitch Lucker at http://www.memmento.com/Memorial-at-Memmento/2622/Mitch-Lucker
02.11.2012 - 11:18
RACHELSCOREZ
All you posers ...are going to hate me
all you metalheads....are going to HATE me hahahah
----
fuk your opinion...I know I'm right...thanks for it...but I don't need it ;)

Hits total: 11675 | This month: 12