Metal Storm logo
Horseback - Reissued EP Collaboration Streaming Online

Last year, psychedelic metal trio Horseback teamed up with contemporaries Locrian to record New Dominions, a collaborative EP that was released only as a limited vinyl pressing. Fast forward to 2012, Horseback released their fourth effort Half Blood in May while Locrian have now signed to Relapse Records and are working on a new album.

The new version of New Dominions will be released tomorrow, on November 6th via Relapse Records and is available for streaming at this location. It was remastered by James Plotkin and features three tracks not included on the 2011 version.

New Dominions tracklist:

01. Horseback / Locrian - The Gift
02. Horseback / Locrian - Our Epitaph
03. Horseback - Oblivion Eaters [2012 remaster bonus]
04. Locrian - In The Absence Of Light [2012 remaster bonus]
05. Horseback / Locrian - The Gift [remix by James Plotkin] [2012 remaster bonus]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Horseback
Posted: 05.11.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 47 users
05.11.2012 - 11:11
whitepointblue

Boooring, sry but this is typical music without any idea, i can make tones of music like this in one day..... just turn something on Virus and done.
05.11.2012 - 19:20
The Benighted

Written by whitepointblue on 05.11.2012 at 11:11

Boooring, sry but this is typical music without any idea, i can make tones of music like this in one day..... just turn something on Virus and done.

Don't disrespect the music because you don't understand it. Take your ignorance somewhere else.
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
05.11.2012 - 21:29
whitepointblue

Written by The Benighted on 05.11.2012 at 19:20

Written by whitepointblue on 05.11.2012 at 11:11

Don't disrespect the music because you don't understand it. Take your ignorance somewhere else.

boring music is boring music. this band is trying to be emotional, intelligent, spatial, etc, but its just BORING LIKE HELL!!!! ....nothing happens....
05.11.2012 - 21:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by whitepointblue on 05.11.2012 at 21:29

boring music is boring music. this band is trying to be emotional, intelligent, spatial, etc, but its just BORING LIKE HELL!!!! ....nothing happens....

Sorry, but this may be boring to you, but others have a level of comprehension of this type of music which you do not. Stuff does indeed happen, it's just not stuff that registers with you (which is precisely why I doubt you'd be able to make anything like this, rather your own caricature version of it).

Virus has about as much in common with this music as Nicki Minaj does so that shows how unfamiliar with this kind of music you are.
05.11.2012 - 21:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
^ When Metallers Listen to Ambient & Drone - Season 2 (The Misapprehension Years)

This is a great collection of songs of varying textures, soundscapes and layers (from someone who actually listens to this kind of music on a daily basis).
05.11.2012 - 22:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 05.11.2012 at 21:54

This is a great collection of songs of varying textures, soundscapes and layers (from someone who actually listens to this kind of music on a daily basis).

Not to mention the fact that it shows how's you're supposed to make an artwork.

Seriously... that artwork is the sex. The redhead kind.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.11.2012 - 22:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.11.2012 at 22:03

Not to mention the fact that it shows how's you're supposed to make an artwork.

Seriously... that artwork is the sex. The redhead kind.

I agree, I remember seeing it when it was first announced many months go. I nearly humped my monitor before I came to my senses.
05.11.2012 - 22:43
Uldreth

Written by Guest on 05.11.2012 at 22:07

I nearly humped my monitor before I came to my senses.

Attempting to visualize this is surely a weird experience.
05.11.2012 - 23:31
whitepointblue

Written by Guest on 05.11.2012 at 21:42

Written by whitepointblue on 05.11.2012 at 21:29

Sorry, but this may be boring to you, but others have a level of comprehension of this type of music which you do not. Stuff does indeed happen, it's just not stuff that registers with you (which is precisely why I doubt you'd be able to make anything like this, rather your own caricature version of it).

Virus has about as much in common with this music as Nicki Minaj does so that shows how unfamiliar with this kind of music you are.

i dont judge you,
and dont judge me pls.

if this kind of music is ok for i dont have any problem with that,

i just want to say for me its boring, and nothing interesting.

Virus- i mean - any kind of synthesizer making sound like"boooooo" or" "mmmmmm". cmon evry1 can press one button and make "booo" vith this machine,

if some1 is able to make sound with synthesizer, it doesn't mean hes making music.....
05.11.2012 - 23:37
Uldreth

Written by whitepointblue on 05.11.2012 at 23:31

if some1 is able to make sound with synthesizer, it doesn't mean hes making music.....

What means he is making music then?
05.11.2012 - 23:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

i dont judge you,
and dont judge me pls.

if this kind of music is ok for i dont have any problem with that,

i just want to say for me its boring, and nothing interesting.

Virus- i mean - any kind of synthesizer making sound like"boooooo" or" "mmmmmm". cmon evry1 can press one button and make "booo" vith this machine,

I'm simply saying that your opinion strikes me as that of someone who doesn't have any kind of experience to accurately sum up this music. You're allowed opinions, and I'm allowed opinions of other people's opinions

You said:

"Boooring" - fair enough.

"sry but this is typical music without any idea, i can make tones of music like this in one day" - It's my judgement that you wouldn't have a single clue how to make this kind of music, because, as you just said: "any kind of synthesizer making sound like"boooooo" or" "mmmmmm". cmon evry1 can press one button and make "booo" vith this machine" strikes as the exact kind of uneducated statement about this kind of music someone would make if they had no understanding of it. In short: you are completely incorrect about the way you summarise the production process of this music because it's infinitely more complicated than that.

"just turn something on Virus and done." - As I said before this band bears no comparison to the music displayed here. It's a fallacy to even bring it into a discussion in my opinion. You're comparing structured guitar based music to layered and textured ambient oriented music. How do they even relate to each other?

And for the record, this kind of thing is 100% music. That's fact =] Not liking something does not make it cease to be music.
06.11.2012 - 00:21
Edmund Fogg

Yuppe even Baby Metal is music unfortunetly. The men behind Horseback and the one behind Gnaw Their Thonges are the 2 greatest musical artist of the past couple of years
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
06.11.2012 - 01:06
whitepointblue

This kind of "act" isnt even music for me. for ex-first track its just sounds effects with drums, sec track - sounds effect + drums + 1 note on bass + some ....."voices".......
i know what im talking about, and i completely disagree with u !J.O.O.E.!
06.11.2012 - 01:18
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by whitepointblue on 06.11.2012 at 01:06

This kind of "act" isnt even music for me. for ex-first track its just sounds effects with drums, sec track - sounds effect + drums + 1 note on bass + some ....."voices".......
i know what im talking about, and i completely disagree with u !J.O.O.E.!

I can't stand listening to power metal and will happily argue with anyone about how terrible most of it is, but even I would never be so arrogant to say that it's not music. I'm guessing you don't get much exposure to this kind of thing but music of this nature was around decades before metal was a glint in Iommi's eye and there are artists of this nature in their thousands upon thousands. But of course it's come to light that someone as well versed in all forms of sound creation as yourself has declared that they in fact haven't been making music and the countless numbers of records sold and millions of songs listened to have all been a lie. I guess we should all go home then.

When it comes to this musical form you, without any doubt of any kind, do not know what you're talking about. You don't like it; that's the only cold hard fact from you today.
06.11.2012 - 01:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I know I'm getting something hard out of this music that's for sure.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.11.2012 - 06:15
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

it doesn't mean hes making music.....

It is NOT easy to make ambient music. You don't just hit a synth key and have a song, it takes many layers and layers of sound, and lots of time manipulating that sound. My first Myrskyy Demo took at least 8 hours to edit, and it's still very empty.

You don't have to like it, but it is music. You can't say it isn't because it's a quite established genre.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.11.2012 - 07:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Not to mention it has a clear structure just like... you know... any type of music.

If we were talking about noise this would be an entirely different conversation but fortunately we are not.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.11.2012 - 07:36
Edmund Fogg

Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.11.2012 at 07:30

If we were talking about noise this would be an entirely different conversation but fortunately we are not.

Well, Noise is a Music Genre...
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan

Hits total: 2525 | This month: 2