Metal Storm logo
Amberian Dawn - Part Ways With Vocalist, Line-Up Changes Revealed

Finnish symphonic/power metal act Amberian Dawn has parted ways with vocalist Heidi Parviainen. The band also revealed line-up changes on the drummer and guitarist positions.

The band issued the following statement: "Amberian Dawn sadly announce the departure of Heidi Parviainen. The first chapter of Amberian Dawn's story is closed. The band and vocalist Heidi Parviainen, who has been a member of Amberian Dawn from the beginning, have decided to part ways.

The decision to part company at the end of the year was made consensually in early 2012, thus meaning Amberian Dawn's appearance at Metal Female Voices Fest was their last show together. Amberian Dawn wishes Heidi all the best for her future and thanks her deeply for the work, effort and contribution she provided during all these years.

Furthermore the band line-up will change since drummer Heikki Saari and guitarist Kasperi Heikkinen are leaving the band and their positions are filled by ex-drummer Joonas Pykälä-aho and ex-guitarist Emil 'Emppu' Pohjalainen. Joonas and Emppu have been around a lot lately and you have seen them on AD's previous European tour in 2011. In fact Joonas has played on all 3 European tours of AD so far and Emppu on 2. AD wishes Kasperi and Heikki well for their future and successful careers with their new band projects. Your talent and virtuosity was highly appreciated.

The first chapter of Amberian Dawn lasted 5 years, brought forth 4 studio albums, 3 European tours and about 70 gigs worldwide. This was a great time for everyone involved, but now it's time to move on and continue with a new line-up and new vocalist, who will be announced in December 2012. Welcome back on board Emppu and Joonas!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amberian Dawn
Posted: 09.11.2012 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 119 users
09.11.2012 - 20:07
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Heidi's voice and attitude was making the band sound weak especially on the last album. Hoping for a better vocal soon.
09.11.2012 - 20:17
Jiri

Why do bands always hold off on revealing vocalists? It's puerile and asinine
09.11.2012 - 20:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So the main reason for listening to Amberian Dawn is gone...well, whatever
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.11.2012 - 23:47
mariano

Written by Ellrohir on 09.11.2012 at 20:21

So the main reason for listening to Amberian Dawn is gone...well, whatever

That's right... I'm afraid the whole genre is about to disappear. The chain of events looks really disappointing:

2005, Nightwish fires Tarja -and her solo work isn't that good.
2007, Vision of Atlantis part ways with Melisa Farlak.
2009, After Forever just disbanded.
2010, Coronatus part ways with Carmen Schäfer.
Now, Amberian Dawn part ways with Heidi Parviainen -wtf?

Is there any other symphonic band still featuring lyrical singing?

My only hope is that Nightwish hires Floor Jansen permanently... which is no guaranty for anything.
10.11.2012 - 00:33
Spacerunner

Written by mariano on 09.11.2012 at 23:47

Is there any other symphonic band still featuring lyrical singing?

For example Xandria, Tears of Magdalena. Marvelous operatic voices.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoTUaAqUd1I
Is it lyrical enough?)
10.11.2012 - 01:54
Enissa

That's really disappointing, I like Heidi alot, the first 3 albums were really good...
10.11.2012 - 03:38
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Jiri on 09.11.2012 at 20:17

Why do bands always hold off on revealing vocalists?

They're hoping to get Lisa Johansson or Annette Olzen as a replacement? Or Grace Perry?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
10.11.2012 - 03:49
Ap46

Anette olzOn, and it's not gonna happen. She pursuing a solo carreer. They already have chosen the new vocalist, that's why they are announcing her/him in a few weeks. I believe Heidi stayed long enough so they could find someone to replace her.
10.11.2012 - 16:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by mariano on 09.11.2012 at 23:47

2007, Vision of Atlantis part ways with Melisa Farlak.

the true spirit of VoA was Nicole Bogner...first two albums were best sounding...uninspired but best sounding
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.11.2012 - 15:41
mariano

True, I forgot about Xandria... which may have become the best band in this genre nowadays.

Hits total: 2757 | This month: 4