Metal Storm logo
Drowning Pool - Streaming New Single

Drowning Pool is currently finalizing a fifth, currently untitled, full-length album and the band has released a new track online for streaming. Check out the premiere of the new single "Saturday Night" over at this location, featuring the new singer Jasen Moreno. The new record should come out in early 2013 via Eleven Seven Music.

The band teamed up with producer Kato Khandwala (Cold, Four Year Strong) at House of Loud Studios in New Jersey earlier this year, as well as John Feldmann (The Used, Story Of The Year).

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Drowning Pool
Posted: 10.11.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 53 users
10.11.2012 - 16:01
Rupert
Kinda shitty.
10.11.2012 - 16:21
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Sadly, this band died with Dave Williams. I don't know anyone who has cared about them since Sinner.
10.11.2012 - 18:54
Ritual_Suicide
Account deleted
Written by WorpeX on 10.11.2012 at 16:21

Sadly, this band died with Dave Williams. I don't know anyone who has cared about them since Sinner.
10.11.2012 - 19:16
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by WorpeX on 10.11.2012 at 16:21

DP did it really well without Williams to be honest. It would be fucking unfair to say "Drowning Pool IS Williams", as without him they have achieved alot. I respect what Dave contributed towards Pool and I was pretty saddened when he went away soon. But, c'mon DP shaped it pretty well after that too.

Well, as far this new song is concerned, it's pretty good. Not that bad either.
10.11.2012 - 19:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.11.2012 at 19:16

as without him they have achieved alot. I respect what Dave contributed towards Pool and I was pretty saddened when he went away soon. But, c'mon DP shaped it pretty well after that too.

Achieved what exactly? I remember one very average single and then they disappeared.

There surely can't be a market for this kind of song. It's totally anachronistic. They must be hanging on by a thread, the fact they still exist.
10.11.2012 - 19:46
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 10.11.2012 at 19:29

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.11.2012 at 19:16

as without him they have achieved alot. I respect what Dave contributed towards Pool and I was pretty saddened when he went away soon. But, c'mon DP shaped it pretty well after that too.

Achieved what exactly? I remember one very average single and then they disappeared.

There surely can't be a market for this kind of song. It's totally anachronistic. They must be hanging on by a thread, the fact they still exist.

Surely can't be a market for this song too but I think it sounds good( especially listening Deftones after umm what> 3 years i guess). Well, DP gained lot of fanbase when they were drought on making albums and increased their tours after David passed away. Jasen I think have filled those holes from where Pool was suffering( considering they didn't came at that point where they were on verge to DISBAND IT) and coming with that replacement( on VOCALS) was tremendously done.

Srs, I don't know about how this album gonna sounds but saying DP won't be functional without Williams is....utter pigshit fact.
10.11.2012 - 19:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.11.2012 at 19:46

Surely can't be a market for this song too but I think it sounds good( especially listening Deftones after umm what> 3 years i guess). Well, DP gained lot of fanbase when they were drought on making albums and increased their tours after David passed away. Jasen I think have filled those holes from where Pool was suffering( considering they didn't came at that point where they were on verge to DISBAND IT) and coming with that replacement( on VOCALS) was tremendously done.

Srs, I don't know about how this album gonna sounds but saying DP won't be functional without Williams is....utter pigshit fact.

Deftones moved on from this sound early on in their career. They're an alternative/post rock/metal band these days from what I can hear. I'd argue that going by this track, the band haven't tried to move their sound on in any way, rather still pushing on with something that's long been ignored.
10.11.2012 - 20:00
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 10.11.2012 at 19:49

rather still pushing on with something that's long been ignored.

True.

Well, somehow if wont cost me a buck to check them out brother. Honestly? i'll look forward for this new album.
11.11.2012 - 08:36
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.11.2012 at 20:00

Written by Guest on 10.11.2012 at 19:49

rather still pushing on with something that's long been ignored.

True.

Well, somehow if wont cost me a buck to check them out brother. Honestly? i'll look forward for this new album.

Why are you being optimistic? You're supposed to be the CYNIC metalhead!

Hits total: 2273 | This month: 3