Metal Storm logo
Machine Head - Frontman To Undergo Surgery, Tour Temporarily Put On Hold

Machine Head is in the news yet again! Of late, the band just can't seem to catch a break. Machine Head has this time been forced to put on hold their current North American tour with Dethklok, All That Remains and The Black Dahlia Murder in order for their frontman, Rob Flynn, to undergo surgery.

Flynn must undergo emergency surgery to remove an inguinal hernia which he has been playing through since the tour started in October. The frontman had originally planned to go under the knife in January but the pain and extreme discomfort have become unbearable for him to continue. Flynn will undergo surgery today, November 14th in Minneapolis before returning home to California to recover, rest and recuperate. Machine Head is expected to rejoin the tour in ten days time at Portland, OR.

A statement from Rob Flynn read: "I've been toughing out an inguinal hernia below my waistline since June of last year, and a few months ago got a second hernia in my nuts. What basically happens is my guts drop into my nuts, and it looks like I have a third testicle (man, I can hear the jokes already!) It hasn't been that painful, and I've gone to the doctor a few times to take care of it, but he said after surgery I probably couldn't sing for a few weeks, and since that wasn't going to happen, I scheduled it for January when I had a break.

Unfortunately, after the last few shows, my guts have been very swollen and hard to push back in. Yesterday, the pain was excruciating and I went to the emergency room last night. They said that I need surgery.I will be doing my damnedest to rejoin the tour in a couple weeks. Thanks to all the fans, bands, and crew for understanding. I'm determined to see you all soon and finish what has been a great freakin tour!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Machine Head
Posted: 14.11.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 112 users
14.11.2012 - 19:17
D.T. Metal

Fricking sucks BALLLLLS,....one of my main reasons to go to the Dethklok gig ... ARGH
14.11.2012 - 19:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Gross.

Best of luck to him anyway.
14.11.2012 - 20:53
Olli

Damn that sounds nasty!
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
14.11.2012 - 22:09
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Damn I was gonna see that show on Friday. *cringes* I think it is pretty fair to cut Flynn some slack here though. Plus, the Showbox Theater in SoDo sucks for audio quality so next time MH comes they'll play somewhere decent.
15.11.2012 - 07:35
Dark Blood
The Avenger
That is some nasty shit... Really hope he gets better soon.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.

Hits total: 2421 | This month: 7