Metal Storm logo
Flyleaf

28.11.2006 - 17:06
Soliloquy
move this to rock if you want, for i dont know where these guys belong...

anywho, i dont know much about this band. i just found some of their videos, and liked their songs. i know that the band is america. their lead vocalist, who is a girl, isnt normal for the rock world. what makes her unique is that she had change her voice from going really high, to down right growling. and i must say, she can growl better than me, and a lot of other guys i know that say they can 'growl'...

anywho, what do you guys think of the band?

dont know em? check up their songs "fully alive", "i'm so sick"(shes growling in this one) and "breath today"(lil growling)
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
28.11.2006 - 17:46
KryptoN
imperceptible
Yeah overall I like them. They have a few very catchy songs and her voice is also pretty unique... but I'm not a big fan of it (the clean voice), it's just weird IMO. Can't say much about the growling either. I don't remember it very well, which tells me it wasn't that great. I'll pay more attention next time though.

Anyway it's worth checking out. I second the song recommendations.
28.11.2006 - 22:53
chuckie
Account deleted
there pretty good, i like listening to them from time to time
02.12.2006 - 19:28
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
nice band i really like it... !!!
11.12.2006 - 00:52
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I just heard a song from this band on Galaxy radio. They're pretty good.
11.12.2006 - 17:53
Strid
Account deleted
I've tried, really hard, to give 'em a fair chance. But somehow, I can't bring myself to like em...
12.12.2006 - 07:47
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Flyleaf comes to be a pretty satanic Christian-themed (at times) Hard Rock band. I wouldn't say that Mosley growls but she instead screams in a decent way, at least in the studio recording. Some of their songs, specially "So I Thought" (pretty good Power Ballad) and "I'm So Sick", are kind of moody after these guitar parts that come to be kind of hypnotic and that, when met with Mosley's voice (which I personally describe as a mix of drunkenness and childishness) induce you to this moody state. I saw somewhere that they were labeled as Progressive Rock but I have yet to see this aspect within their music because, as far as what I have heard, I cannot find it there.

This band comes to be a breath of air to these MTV Pop-Rock bands that are driving the U.S. scene to its perdition and which have allowed that the focus of Rock bands gets to be placed in Japan nowadays, or at least in my Godless, unholy, satanic, ungodly, and God-deprived opinion.
----
Christless
04.01.2007 - 04:41
Dan066
Account deleted
Written by Darth Satanious on 12.12.2006 at 07:47

Flyleaf comes to be a pretty satanic Christian-themed (at times) Hard Rock band. I wouldn't say that Mosley growls but she instead screams in a decent way, at least in the studio recording. Some of their songs, specially "So I Thought" (pretty good Power Ballad) and "I'm So Sick", are kind of moody after these guitar parts that come to be kind of hypnotic and that, when met with Mosley's voice (which I personally describe as a mix of drunkenness and childishness) induce you to this moody state. I saw somewhere that they were labeled as Progressive Rock but I have yet to see this aspect within their music because, as far as what I have heard, I cannot find it there.

This band comes to be a breath of air to these MTV Pop-Rock bands that are driving the U.S. scene to its perdition and which have allowed that the focus of Rock bands gets to be placed in Japan nowadays, or at least in my Godless, unholy, satanic, ungodly, and God-deprived opinion.

satanic christian-themed ? I''m not sure that really makes sense. It's kind of like having a Nazi Jewish-theme band, unless you didn't mean it like that...
11.01.2007 - 07:43
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Guest on 04.01.2007 at 04:41

satanic christian-themed ? I''m not sure that really makes sense. It's kind of like having a Nazi Jewish-theme band, unless you didn't mean it like that...

I just wanted to say that they were good with that word. Don't put too much thought about it.
----
Christless
14.03.2007 - 23:26
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
I love this band. Even though they're not really metal they have really good lyrics and good musicians. They make me calm and peaceful, which is weird for me. But I really like 'em.
20.04.2007 - 06:15
ledzepplin291
Account deleted
yeah these guys are pretty good, the girl screaming sounded really weird when i first heard their stuff but they've grown on me
12.07.2007 - 01:34
Cassandra
Account deleted
they write pretty catchy tunes... not much variety in anything... the whole jesus angle really dosent help. heh
12.07.2007 - 03:47
Deus Ex Machina
I can't say that i'm a fan,i don't really have any of their songs but i know some songs like Fully alive,I'm so sick and Breathe today.I've heard some others but i really can't remember the names.
It's not a band i'd be a fan of.They never impressed me much.
But i can say some of their songs are good enough to find their place on my playlist.
I'd call them average.Not too good,not too bad.
13.07.2007 - 05:15
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Guest on 04.01.2007 at 04:41

It's kind of like having a Nazi Jewish-theme band, unless you didn't mean it like that...

But today's politicians of Israel act like Nazis... I'd say that Jewish nazis are a reality...
Now about Flyleaf, yes I've seen some of their videos and heard some of their songs and I like them. I wouldn't say I'm a fan though...
----
Bitch! Please
13.07.2007 - 14:40
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
I found out this band a year ago or so...actually I had forgotten about them. I find their songs pretty catchy, the girl's growls/screams is what I like best, although as Deux Ex Machina said, I'd call them average. Nothing really special.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
14.07.2007 - 19:55
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite

Well they are all Christians in the band, and that reflects upon their lyrics.
----
(space for rent)
22.09.2007 - 01:52
?Master?
Account deleted
hahah i dont like that band i hate the vocals idk sounds like a whiney growl lmao
but i see her names mosley hahah thats cool we might be related
but i like the riffs sometimes but not the whole thing completely
22.09.2007 - 14:41
Ernis
狼獾
As much as I've heard this one song from the telephone of a friend, I'd say that it's sort of like Avril Lavigne screaming and some hard rock as well....can't say really if that interests me or not....one song's too few to judge.....especially from a telephone...quality isn't exactly the CD quality....
24.09.2007 - 21:31
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
They definitely have some catchy songs, shame the lyrics are so terrible. The album gets better after track 7.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
15.09.2009 - 09:25
Sunioj
Damn this thread is old. I got into their self titled recently, and am really enjoying it actually. Didn't expect it to click to well, is just what I needed for the moment (after relentlessly overplaying the old school dm releases from this year). The music isn't that special in itself, but the singers voice meshes so well and the lyrics... well, thats my favorite part so far. Great band.

Written by Ernis on 22.09.2007 at 14:41

As much as I've heard this one song from the telephone of a friend, I'd say that it's sort of like Avril Lavigne screaming and some hard rock as well....can't say really if that interests me or not....one song's too few to judge.....especially from a telephone...quality isn't exactly the CD quality....

You should check out the album dude. Now, Im not sure if you can dig this type of music, but rest assured I can guarantee that the music is a lot heavier, and less poppy for the likes Avril Lavigne. Unfortunately, I sat through of her music enough to differentiate because my friends gf is OBSESSED with Avril Lacunt.
16.09.2009 - 20:09
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I dislike the vocalist. Her vocals are so damn annoying at times.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.