Metal Storm logo
Gates Of Winter - New Album Update

Last we checked with Canadian melodic metallers Gates Of Winter, the band was working on a new album. It's been a while since but the band offered an update as to why they have been low key. The band continues work on the new album, however, the record will not be coming out next month as had earlier been stated.

The band wrote the following: "So with the lack of promotion and updates over the last year, it should come as no big surprise that the new album will not be coming out next month. The good news is that there has still been steady progress on the album. We now have 6 tracks lined up and patiently awaiting refinement. The album itself, which is going to be EP length, will probably undergo a name change.

Everything panned out as it did, because, as usual, the three of us have gotten caught up in the storm that is the real life of work, education and family... Not to mention the fact that we've been separated by great distances for the majority of the year - so great that we may as well be on different planets. All this being what it is, we still have an eye set on finishing this album as soon as time and obligations allow us to do so. I think I can speak for all three of us in saying that we miss playing music terribly, and a return to the stage is more or less an inevitability.

So, to end on a good note - when it finally comes, this album is going to be killer - much more heavy, fast, and sophisticated. We've taken a new direction that is arguably perpendicular to that of the 2006 - 2010 era, one that we're very happy with. So keep following us on facebook, and wait for our signal. We are on the rise!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Gates Of Winter
Posted: 18.11.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 10 users
20.11.2012 - 23:59
Edmund Fogg

Wow! I almost forgot about these guys! Glad to know they're still alive and kicking
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan

Hits total: 1899 | This month: 4