Metal Storm logo
Geoff Tate's Queensrÿche - Glen Drover Decides To Leave

As if having two Queensrÿches wasn't bizarre enough, now guitarist Glen Drover (ex- Megadeth) decided to leave Geoff Tate's version of Queensrÿche before they hit the road. Remember that announcement where Geoff Tate said that Rudy Sarzo, Bobby Blotzer, Glen Drover, Kelly Gray and Randy Gane would join him on future musical endeavours and tours under the Queensrÿche moniker? Well, Glen Drover is no longer part of that project.

He released the following statement to Bravewords: "I am really sorry to say that I have decided to bow out of Geoff Tate's Queensrÿche. I was very excited about doing this gig initially, but learned in the past week or so that it's in my best interest not to do this right now. I feel really bad for those who were excited about the idea, and to Geoff himself, who I have to say was very nice to me on my past trip to Seattle. I of course am very disappointed for arriving at this point, and making this decision, to say the least. I sincerely wish the Geoff and the band all the luck on what they do in the future."

He seems to have realized it was better to leave the ship before it sinks than to go down with it.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Queensrÿche
Posted: 25.11.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 176 users
25.11.2012 - 12:25
Kingface

Lol, what an embarrassing mess. Queensryche and all its forms just need to stop asap. There hasn't been a good album in the Queensryche name since forever and their latest album is fucking awful.
25.11.2012 - 13:45
Rulatore

That wasn't cool at all
25.11.2012 - 16:21
UnknownCheese

Guy needs to stop fucking around as a fill in and session guitarist and focus on Eidolon.
25.11.2012 - 19:22
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Good, I'd do the same thing.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
25.11.2012 - 19:31
stocktonrocks

Probably realized that Tate only wanted to play his solo stuff and only QR songs after Promised Land!! LOLOL I would quit too....
25.11.2012 - 20:57
ryche76

Glen didn't want to be spat on and wear a black vest Also it is good to see Michael,Scott and Eddie have gotten James "Jimbo" Barton to Produce the new album
26.11.2012 - 01:33
AndMetalForAll
kual21
To be fair I don't know who is right, either Tate or the band. But one thing that I'm sure is that I'm sick and tired of their fight, if they wanna fight, settle the score once and for all without the press. I'm tired of reading headlines about them, looks like a damn soap opera..
----
greets,
kual21
26.11.2012 - 08:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Queensryche IS, HAS and WILL be bad and they should feel bad.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.11.2012 - 08:14
BudDa

Geoff Tate's Queensrÿche?! What drama!
Its also abit silly. But I guess I understand where he is coming from.
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
28.11.2012 - 01:41
Urizen367

I still think this has got to be one big joke.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.

Hits total: 2978 | This month: 9