Metal Storm logo
Carnival In Coal

19.05.2006 - 11:25
Renessanss
Grand Gardener
This insane french duo balances firmly on the boarderland of good taste, with bizzare childish (and sick) lyrics and music that is impossible to deem "normal".
Combining death metal with several unorthodox stiles, they are an unique band in the scenes.

They have released four full lenght albums up to date:

-"Vivalavida" in 1999 followed by "French Cancan" the same year
-"Fear Not" in 2001
-"Collection Prestige" in 2005

Also check out their homepage with several audio and video samples:
http://www.carnivalincoal.com/
----
20.05.2006 - 19:37
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I've only listened to "Collection Prestige" once or twice and rather liked them. I have to admit they sound quite weird. I'd like to listen to their other stuff but can't find any of their releases in disc-shops :-/
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
15.01.2007 - 05:07
drum fiend
Account deleted
havent heard them but im gonna try to listen to them
13.03.2007 - 17:05
Darkside Momo
Retired
They decided to play a few show last year - originally it was a studio project - and that was fun !

Being one of the death metal style guys in the mosh-pit who suddenly stop mosh to dance disco is purely excellent !!!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
15.04.2007 - 01:59
Bitch Boy

They are very funny I have "Collection Prestige" and is a very good album, especially "Fuckable", one hell of a song!!
15.04.2007 - 13:40
Deadsoulman

I can't stand this band. I's definitely the type of band that didn't understand that being bizarre doesn't make you good. There's nothing to save on any of their albums IMO.

Though, I must say I loved their first demo - the song "She-Male Whoregasm" really rocked. I've been utterly disappointed when I got Vivalavida. First the songs were mostly crap and secodn the fews ongs taken from the demo had been modified and rerecorded and finally sounded like a whole bucket of shit.

Ah yeah, something else just for the funny anecdote:
When they released their first demo, they sent it for free to people who requested it, but under one odd and, yes, funny, condition: in order to get the demo, you had to send the band a picture of your genitals. In whatever state and position you wanted, but it had to be a picture of genitals. A "friend of mine" did it and it worked out fine
19.04.2007 - 16:42
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Haha, that's a funny story

I personally quite like this band. Extreme at times (however Avant-garde) and also so often groovy and funky (for use of a better word). Carnival In Coal is just fun IMO.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
27.10.2009 - 00:39
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
:O OMG i just found out they got dissolved on september 2007 ! As it's stated here http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=35624216&blogId=482988763
It's totally a shame this , they were just a awesome band, they have a special talent for mixing and going around diferent styles.

And well of course I totally disagree with Collin opinion, at least about Collection Prestige, the others i havent check right.
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
29.10.2009 - 02:46
bangladesh

Very funny band, the music, the lyrics. Not that type of band that i listen usualy, but once in a while it´s funny to listen