Metal Storm logo
Looking to destroy my TV while listening to prog-power song

27.11.2012 - 20:04
Ultra_zvuk

I understand this might sound like trolling, but trust me, it's not.

I'm going to destroy my TV with axe and a broomstick and I need song to play in background while I'm doing it. I want it to be prog-power kind of song (something Symphony X style) and it would certainly help if the song was 10+ minutes long, since prolonged session of TV destroying would help me with cardio exercising.
I'm familiar with destroying TVs with said equipment, and have done it 2 times until now. Both times I listened to "Sea of lies" (symbolic, because TV really shows us a lot of wrong informations and makes us believe in what they want us to believe; I rarely watch TV, once a week at most) and I enjoyed spinning with TV sticked on a broomstick during chourses, but now I'd like to try something different since this new TV is bigger than previous two and much heavier.
27.11.2012 - 20:37
Raging Dreamer

Destroying stuff is always better to thrash or death metal
27.11.2012 - 22:08
Ultra_zvuk

@Alloy

Yeah, I agree, but I got a lot of old TVs at my house, and my grandmother has a few old ones as well, and it's cheaper to buy a new one than to repair some prehistoric TV. Since they'd simply end up thrown out with other trash, and that's something I personally wouldn't like to happen to anyone, I'd rather give them warrior's death before that.

@Raging Dreamer

I'm not into thrash/death all that much, prog. and power are my favorite genres and I feel best destroying TVs listening to songs that belong to the said two.
28.11.2012 - 00:53
BreadGod
Account deleted
Why would you want to destroy a TV in the first place? Are you committing some kind of insurance fraud?
28.11.2012 - 05:15
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Mebbe it doesn't work.

mebbe it's a tv and thus a source of insipid iq-melting stupidity and thus deserving of death...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.11.2012 - 05:29
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by BitterCOld on 28.11.2012 at 05:15

a tv and thus a source of insipid iq-melting stupidity and thus deserving of death...

That's a pretty rash generalization to make about television. There are certainly some thought provoking shows on tv, shows that really make you think, shows like Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Jersey Shore.... my argument just collapsed on itself.
Anyways. If I were to destroy my TV I would play some black metal from the 90's, and sacrifice my TV in the glorious name of satan. Corpse paint, torches, and maces would be necessary... and fire
28.11.2012 - 05:40
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Alex F on 28.11.2012 at 05:29

That's a pretty rash generalization to make about television. There are certainly some thought provoking shows on tv, shows that really make you think, shows like Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Jersey Shore.... my argument just collapsed on itself.
Anyways. If I were to destroy my TV I would play some black metal from the 90's, and sacrifice my TV in the glorious name of satan. Corpse paint, torches, and maces would be necessary... and fire

that and the poster is from Montenegro. while i know fuck all of HIS location, i can say that tv in Italy in 2010 consisted of various "American Idle" type shows and Hunter reruns dubbed into Italian. (IMDB it if you don't get the reference).

and i like Storage Wars. Barry is a cool cat. and while i prefer shows based upon historical happenings to be on the History channel, at least Pawn Stars does discuss history with the items.

only redeeming factor of Jersey Shore is they went to Florence for a season. i watched just to see reminders of a city that treated mrs. COld and I oh so well.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.11.2012 - 12:18
Ultra_zvuk

Guys, I can understand why you are suggesting black/death/thrash metal, but I'm looking forward to hearing some prog/power while getting my TV destroyed.
I simply do it for fun. It feels incredible, you should try it too.
28.11.2012 - 16:10
R'Vannith
ghedengi
...alrighty then, how about some Pagan's Mind or Angra?
28.11.2012 - 18:23
Edmund Fogg

Ram Zet... Pretty fucked up music with pro elements good to destroy stuff I guess
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
28.11.2012 - 18:33
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by BitterCOld on 28.11.2012 at 05:40

and i like Storage Wars. Barry is a cool cat. and while i prefer shows based upon historical happenings to be on the History channel, at least Pawn Stars does discuss history with the items.

Storage Wars and Pawn Stars are interesting, and it's true Pawn Stars is actually at least semi-educational. But they get old fast, and I don't think I could watch more than one at a time due to the extreme monotony of both shows.
But back to the topic, the only prog I could vision one destroying their TV to would be something off Train Of Thought by Dream Theater
28.11.2012 - 18:37
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't get this thread at all. So what? We're gonna discuss topics such as "I'm going to vacuum, what song should I listen to?".
----
28.11.2012 - 19:19
BreadGod
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 28.11.2012 at 18:37

I don't get this thread at all. So what? We're gonna discuss topics such as "I'm going to vacuum, what song should I listen to?".

I always listen to Agruss while vacuuming.
28.11.2012 - 19:21
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Warman on 28.11.2012 at 18:37

"I'm going to vacuum, what song should I listen to?".

"sucked out"
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
28.11.2012 - 19:44
PocketMetal

Not the genre you asked but I recommend listening to Aenima by Tool while doing it . the "fuck" part is great .
29.11.2012 - 00:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Wow you really must be toally cool for totally destroying a tv because of the programmes shown on it.

NOw go jump off a bridge with concrete socks.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.11.2012 - 03:37
Lit.
Account deleted
I thought this thread would be locked by now.
29.11.2012 - 05:30
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Can't remember the song itself offhand, but just on the title, may I suggest Dragonforce's Operation Ground And Pound?

Written by Alex F on 28.11.2012 at 05:29

Written by BitterCOld on 28.11.2012 at 05:15

shows like Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Jersey Shore....

You forgot Swamp People and that one about Gypsy weddings.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
30.11.2012 - 05:58
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Guest on 29.11.2012 at 03:37

I thought this thread would be locked by now.
i think it's all right really. can't think of anything particularly violent that's Power metal though
----
loves 小巫
30.11.2012 - 06:34
Lit.
Account deleted
I like Storage Wars...
30.11.2012 - 22:29
Neroese
Account deleted
Pickles?
01.12.2012 - 09:34
Raging Dreamer

Ah just go for some Iced Earth and be done with it.
01.12.2012 - 15:41
theFIST

Not exactly power, but i think Bye Bye Bitch Bye Bye by Motörhead would be fitting
you"d have to hurry though
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
02.12.2012 - 04:27
Evil Chip

What a badass?