Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Launch New Label

It seems like Metallica has given a decisive step in taking more control of their music because the band has launched their very own record label Blackened Recordings. The band's upcoming DVD release, Quebec Magnetic, will already come out under this new label. Metallica now owns all their master recordings.

The band released this statement explaining this decision: "We like to make it a point here not to bore you with the not-so-exciting business aspects of making and sharing music, but we're so psyched about our new adventure that we just had to tell you about it as we officially launch our very own record label, Blackened Recordings."

"Some of you, who have followed along throughout the years, are aware that in 1994 we renegotiated our contract with the Warner Music Group, which resulted in a joint venture with our record company for releasing all of our recordings including long form videos. Per that agreement, as of today we have taken ownership of all of our master recordings and Blackened Recordings will be the home of all of our current albums and videos along with all future releases including the December 10 release of the Quebec Magnetic DVD and Blu-ray."

"You may have heard us say it once or twice or a thousand times before, but it's always been about us taking control of all things 'Tallica to give you 110% on every single level every single time. Forming Blackened Recordings is the ultimate in independence, putting us in the driver's seat of our own creative destiny. We're looking forward to making more music and getting it all out to you in our own unique way."

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 01.12.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 216 users
01.12.2012 - 15:25
theFIST
Oh great, more artistic freedom for the band that put out the load albums and lulu....
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
01.12.2012 - 15:44
Korah
Master of Lulu soon ?
----
Don't cry for my English
01.12.2012 - 15:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Vinyl of Lulu, pleases.
01.12.2012 - 17:39
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Korah on 01.12.2012 at 15:44

Master of Lulu soon ?

I'll forward your message to Kirk Hammet on twitter. He always loiter around there frequently.
01.12.2012 - 18:23
Lit.
Account deleted
Meh, Ride The Lulu will be better.
01.12.2012 - 18:32
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Hope it's not only for them and that they actually get a few good bands on-board.
02.12.2012 - 02:14
MikeVonDoom
If they own their master recordings they should remaster "...And Justice for All"!
02.12.2012 - 03:09
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Wonder if money was also a motivation?... DERP!
02.12.2012 - 06:07
Void Eater
Account deleted
Stop calling yourselves 'Tallica you dickweeds.
02.12.2012 - 06:16
Berserk
...And Lulu for All
----
Fear the Old Blood
02.12.2012 - 06:21
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 02.12.2012 at 06:07

Stop calling yourselves 'Tallica you dickweeds.

QFT
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.12.2012 - 20:48
Mattybu
I don't know if it's just me but it feels like Metallica just has nothing left in the tank in terms of ever releasing anything worthwhile again, so this is probably some of the least exciting news in a while lol.
03.12.2012 - 07:07
Edmund Fogg
Wait,wait wait... So you're telling me that in all of the existence of Metal and ather occult musical style, not one label named itself Blackened Recordings... That's odd.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
03.12.2012 - 07:07
Opethian
You know what? If they decide to put out good music i will check it out. I have no hope of that happening, but w/e
10.12.2012 - 00:38
hisham80
Written by Korah on 01.12.2012 at 15:44

Master of Lulu soon ?

lol nice one man ,funny but ... i mean if that came out the laughter will turn to a cry

Hits total: 2755 | This month: 5