Metal Storm logo
What record do you put on if you are trying to sleep?

Original post

Posted by , 04.12.2012 - 22:02
I saw this good question in one of my metal magazines, "What record do you put on if you are trying to sleep?".
My own would be Nortt's Galgenfrist or Dark Sanctuary's Exaudi Vocem Meam (Part I) . I also like Storm Corrosion's debut album.

What record do you put on?
27.12.2012 - 08:06
Sulac

Arcane Rain Fell. I just can't stay awake when I listen to it. It's such a good album, I just can't not fall asleep. I never listen to while driving, out of fear of dying horribly.
27.12.2012 - 12:26
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Sulac on 27.12.2012 at 08:06

Arcane Rain Fell. I just can't stay awake when I listen to it. It's such a good album, I just can't not fall asleep. I never listen to while driving, out of fear of dying horribly.

At first I read that as "can not fall asleep." I was about to make a comment on you contradicting yourself, until I noticed the intentional double-negative of "can't not." I almost made a dumb mistake.

As for me personally, I think the title track of Storm Corrosion is beautiful and relaxing, so that helps. If not that, then Mozart's Requiem does the trick.
----
01.01.2013 - 00:38
FourMechALYX
Account deleted
Maybe Iron Maiden, Stranger in a Strange Land. Its not really slow and definitely not boring, but it is very melodic and that bass galloping could be thought of as rather lulling if you're tired enough.
Once I was extremely tired, it was like two or three in the morning and I just Could Not sleep, so I tried all of the slow, melodic or sleepy things I could think of and nothing worked so I was like f-this, and put on Rust in Peace by Megadeth, and fell asleep prettydarn fast.... so go figure that one out.
21.01.2013 - 03:56
squidrick420

One of Burzum's ambient albums. They send me into a trance.
10.03.2013 - 00:48
skrog1

I've been getting into conspiracy theory talk radio a lot lately. For me, the best thing to fall asleep to, other than silence or rain, would be William Milton Cooper. If you haven't listened to this guy, do yourself a favor and start. He only did radio broadcast for about a decade before the federal gov't assassinated him.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
03.11.2017 - 13:22
BetulaObscura

Some of the Burzum albums...
----
"Inspired by the future of the past"
15.11.2017 - 13:02
Sang Dalang Abu

Ulver - Perdition City
16.11.2017 - 06:41
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Ulver - The Assassination of Julius Caesar ever since it came out. Perfect album to go to sleep.
16.11.2017 - 17:55
tominator
At best deranged
In The Silence - A Fair Dream Gone Mad

Basarabian Hills - Attraction

Trees Of Eternity - Hour Of The Nightingale

Though I can fall asleep during any album but these 3 are the most recent ones I can think of.
10.02.2018 - 22:49
Amy

Anything Black Metal. I could be at a live show, but if its black metal I'll start to yawn and get sleepy. Cormorant makes me really sleepy.
----
\m/
11.02.2018 - 02:49
Yasin Okat

Anything from Burzum really. They are loud enough to cut all other sounds from environment, and peaceful enough to send me to sleep.
12.02.2018 - 00:43
VIG
Account deleted
I have a few that always work:
Negura Bunget - OM (I listen to this almost every night it seems. Hope I never get too tired of it)
King Crimson - anything really, but mostly Discipline and In The Court Of The Crimson King
Genesis - Selling England By The Pound
Anything by Ahab
Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood
Warning - Watching From A Distance (not something you'd expect to see here, but it works for me.)

I tried sleeping to Esoteric, but it doesn't work
15.02.2018 - 04:00
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Anything from Sigur Ros, specially the ( ) album.
Also soundtracks from LOTR, The Witcher 3 and Skyrim usually do the trick.
18.02.2018 - 22:51
solar

"Shadows of the Sun" by Ulver is nice for inducing sleep.
24.03.2018 - 00:28
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I would also add Sunn 0)))'s Monoliths & Dimensions, something about that album I find strangely soothing.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
07.08.2018 - 20:39
Horrorgrind

Written by Guest on 15.02.2018 at 04:00

Anything from Sigur Ros, specially the ( ) album.
Also soundtracks from LOTR, The Witcher 3 and Skyrim usually do the trick.
I concur with Sigur Rós, especially ( ). I also use to play early M83, like Digital Shades Vol. 1
----
"... And I will face the grave with you
You'd only have to ask me to
Take this flesh up from this stone
And let it burn..."
08.08.2018 - 04:26
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Will second a lot of the Ulver options. Made a playlist of 'em.

Ahab, Mar de Grises (Draining the Water Heart) also form time to time.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.11.2018 - 15:01
Starvynth
i c deaf people
For me, besides TON's "The Misinterpretation Of Silence And It's Disastrous Consequences" there is no song or album with the drowsy function of a lullaby.
But I once fell asleep listening to Cattle Decapitation's "Monolith Of Inhumanity", wearing headphones and at high volume. Which is kinda weird because I like that record and I can't really say it was boring me.
----
signatures = SPAM
25.11.2018 - 11:13
Loxdottir

Well.. I fell asleep with an heavy album, as soon as it comes to "Ghost shaman" song XD The album is "Dawn of the Five Suns" by Kambrium. First albums of Cradle Of Filth had the same effect on me few years ago
12.12.2018 - 04:53
Sang Dalang Abu

How can people sleep with those abrasive music.
12.12.2018 - 14:08
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Sang Dalang Abu on 12.12.2018 at 04:53

How can people sleep with those abrasive music.

SubRosa and Sleestak is not an abrasive music, sir.
12.12.2018 - 14:24
Zap
Written by Guest on 12.02.2018 at 00:43

I tried sleeping to Esoteric, but it doesn't work

Inconceivable. Everything works to Esoteric.
12.12.2018 - 17:19
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I put nothing, I need total silence.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.