Metal Storm logo
Bands you only like one or a couple of albums by.

08.12.2012 - 02:01
Unhealer
Eclecticist
There are albums like Tiamat's Wildhoney, Soulfly's Prophecy, Paradise Lost's Draconian Times, Sirenia's At Sixes And Sevens, Sólstafir's Svartir Sandar and a few others that made me realize I could be missing a few lovely albums even though I don't really like the band and the rest of their discography too much. For instance, I checked out Tiamat several times and never liked but I ended up loving WIldhoney a LOT when a friend insisted me to check it.
This may have happened to some of you as well, share your experiences so I can try out some albums I may be overlooking.
08.12.2012 - 04:58
Delvestius

I like Savatage's Hall of the Mountain King a ton, but I could never get into anything else I heard of theirs so far. Of Metallica, I only like Ride the Lightning.
08.12.2012 - 07:08
helofloki

Ion Dissonance's 'Solace' is an utterly devastating work of technical hardcore. The production is that perfect rawness that of heavyness, and the vocals on that album speak vicious violent authority. I'm not really into much metalcore or hardcore, but this album just blows me out of the water. One of the most intense I've ever listened to. Every one of their other albums I've listened to with a shrug. This one grabs my attention by the neck and smashes it into the pavement.
08.12.2012 - 21:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.12.2012 - 03:16
Unhealer
Eclecticist
^ Yup, I looked for an already opened thread and saw that but it's not exactly what crossed my mind.
09.12.2012 - 12:04
Apatheria

Continuing on the Tiamat thread, I think "Deeper Kind of Slumber" is one of the most perfectly introspective records I've ever heard, and it is firmly among my all-time favorites. Its smooth flow, palpable atmosphere, and overall subtly psychedelic vibe make it a thoroughly engrossing listen. And yet, as much as I adore every moment of that album, I can't seem to work up much of an interest for anything else in their discography aside from Wildhoney, which I'm still kinda 50/50 on.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
10.12.2012 - 09:50
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Amorphis - Skyforger (Really great album, can't catch the other ones though)

Omnium Gatherum - New World Shadows

Dimmu Borgir - Stormblåst 2005 and In Sorte Diaboli

Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage
10.12.2012 - 10:49
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Theatre of Tragedy - I only listen to Aegis
Flowing Tears - I only like Jade
Diabolique - only The Black Flower
Amorphis - I only enjoy their music starting with Tuonela and i did not like Eclipse ( )
Agalloch - only The Mantle and Ashes against the Grain
Bloodbound - only Tabula Rasa
Negura Bunget - albums starting with Om
Forbidden - only their first 3 albums
Suicidal Tendencies - the albums between 1988 and 1994
Sodom - first four albums especially
Bonfire - only their first 3 albums
Living Colour - only their first 3 albums
Platitude - Nine - it's their only album I enjoyed.

I'll be back if i forgot anything
10.12.2012 - 15:36
Lit.
Account deleted
Actually, I think this may be almost every band I listen to.
10.12.2012 - 16:01
Fredd
Account deleted
Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I FUCKFUCKFUCKING LOVE Beethoven's Last Night but the rest is just meh.
10.12.2012 - 21:36
chronic-headache

Gojira - From Mars to Sirius
Shadows Fall - War Within
Mudvayne - LD 50
10.12.2012 - 23:32
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Dream theater - Images and Words
Cadaveria - in Your Blood
Transcending Bizarre - The Four Scissors
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Stratovarious - Visions
King Diamond - abigail
Behemoth - demigod
11.12.2012 - 09:04
Apatheria

Oh, "Spirit" by Eluveitie. It's one of my all-time favorite folk metal albums. I love the energy, the layered use of multiple folk instruments, and the very authentic Celtic melodies. But everything else in their catalogue is fairly underwhelming. After Spirit they got glossy, over-produced, and seemed to lose the magic they had on Spirit. Slania's got a handful of decent tracks, though.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
12.12.2012 - 04:34
John Sandman

Anvil's Metal on metal and Forged in fire.
Don't care about anything else they after that.

Immortal from 1999 to this day.

Ozzy Osbourne's stuff from 1980 to 1991. I don't like any stuff he did after that.
12.12.2012 - 09:59
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by John Sandman on 12.12.2012 at 04:34

Ozzy Osbourne's stuff from 1980 to 1991. I don't like any stuff he did after that.

I tottally agree with you about Ozzy, I forgot to mention him.
12.12.2012 - 18:33
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
So many. Gojira, Metallica, Megadeth, Emperor, A Forest of Stars, Abigail Williams, Absu, Amorphis (i like about 4 of their albums), Annihilator, Anthrax, Artillery... I'm not going to go through all of them needless to say there are a myriad of bands whom make one album of value and a shitstream of... well shit
12.12.2012 - 19:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Alex F on 12.12.2012 at 18:33
A Forest of Stars

Quite surprising to me (looking at your ratings)... I can understand if you don't like the latest but to me there aren't many differences between the first 2 albums. Oh well...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
12.12.2012 - 20:22
musclassia

Written by X-Ray Rod on 12.12.2012 at 19:57

Written by Alex F on 12.12.2012 at 18:33
A Forest of Stars

Quite surprising to me (looking at your ratings)... I can understand if you don't like the latest but to me there aren't many differences between the first 2 albums. Oh well...

Idk, I'm kind of in the same boat, I love the first one but the second one, whilst still good, doesn't quite have the same spark. It's decent, but there's a few times when it gets a bit, dare I say it, dull. Tbh, I probably prefer Shadowplay to Thieves.
As for the topic at hand, there's a great many but the first album that comes to mind is NOLA by Down - haven't heard their second, but III, whilst good, isn't in the same league, and their EP from this year was a bit meh. Quite a lot of the bands I could give as examples are because I've only got round to hearing one album by them, but another couple that definitely come to mind are (Despite the fact I like other albums by them) King Diamond with Abigail, and Machine Head with The Blackening
13.12.2012 - 02:50
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by musclassia on 12.12.2012 at 20:22

the first album that comes to mind is NOLA by Down - haven't heard their second, but III, whilst good, isn't in the same league, and their EP from this year was a bit meh.

Oh, I should have mentioned that one too. It's ridiculously good compared to the rest of their discography.
13.12.2012 - 10:13
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Trivium--Shogun
Soulfly--Enslaved
13.12.2012 - 13:08
Man, I think you really have to try Soulfly's Conquer... its really awesome, just like the old Sepultura stuf.. I could really insist on it, just like your friend did hahahhaa
21.01.2013 - 04:04
squidrick420

Celtic Frost, I LOVE their first couple albums, but after that i lost interest.
10.03.2013 - 00:46
skrog1

Marylin Manson for SURE. Antichrist Superstar was a good album, over all. There's a song or two that isn't on that album but overall, imo, that's his crowning achievement. Everything else he's done... Meh.

Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness. LOVE that album. Unfortunately, I feel that Immortal just rehashes their stuff over and over again. SoND just happened to catch everything flawlessly to me.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
01.09.2015 - 20:47
Infernal Eternal

Gojira - From Mars to Sirius
Destruction's 80s releases
Exciter's first 3
Rotting Christ until 1994, although they are still pretty decent
Megadeth - Rust In Peace, flawless
Down - N.O.L.A.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
01.09.2015 - 21:49
Zap
Have to second Gojira.
Also
Trivium - Shogun
Sólstafir - Köld
Woods Of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason
and to a lesser degree
Agalloch - The Mantle
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
are some that immediately come to mind.
01.09.2015 - 22:19
no one
Account deleted
Drudkh - autumn auroa
drudkh - forgotten legends (though i haven't properly listened to the new one)
Ulver - Bergtatt - Et Eeventyr I 5 Capitler
Trancelikevoid - Destroying something beautiful

off the top of my head
03.01.2016 - 12:11
Grivata

Theatre Of Tragedy - "Aegis" only
Amon Amarth - "Deceiver of the Gods" only
Within Temptation - "The Unforgiving" only
18.02.2016 - 15:04
ifihadafish

A few of the top of my head - would need to review the vaults to find those stand a lone albums from bands that have a bigger catalogue - but I only dig the following:

Testament - The Ritual
Savatage - Edge Of Thorns
Living Colour - Vivid
Ozzy Osbourne - No Rest For The Wicked