Additional info
Releases:
- (12") Mosh 85, 1994 - Earache
- (ProCS) ACC66157, 1994 - Earache / Columbia
- (CS) 66157, 1994 - Earache / Columbia
- (ProCD) Mosh 85, 1994 - Earache
- (CD) Mosh 85CD, 1994 - Earache
- (CD) CK66157, 1994 - Earache / Columbia
The promotional cassette has a different cover and inlay. The cover is a green toned version of the original cover, (which is also found in a slightly different version on the Xnoybis promo CD) while the inlay is black with white lines simulating a heartbeat. There are two versions of the promotional CD. One came with a jewel case, and another was just a white paper slipcase with a gold text on black sticker affixed.
The U.S. CD was released with a clear CD case showing a picture of the 2 band members, and a black-and-white picture of the cover.
re-issued as part of a double CD package with Merciless as Selfless / Merciless on the 10th of September, 1996.

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 105 users
08.12.2012 - 15:52
Rating: 8
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Interesting how this is one of Godflesh's lower rated albums here. It's pretty much Pure II with a tad bit more electronics. 7.6 isn't bad tho and I am close to giving this a 9. So good.
----
rekt
14.10.2013 - 19:28
mz

Well, the first track of this album is really a shitty song. Beside that, the other weak point of album is clean vocal. all in all, a very good album and I agree that this could be considered as pure II
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
28.03.2014 - 11:25
Big-Al

The whole album is pretty average really. Only Go Spread Your Wings is outright bad.
----

I drink moosepiss
16.08.2015 - 01:01
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

Considering that the band inevitably had the one task of trying to at least produce a third effort which was on par with the first two albums, this is actually pretty good. There are moments where it's obvious Godflesh were losing their touch slightly, of course, but I think the pros outweigh the cons overall. Plus there are some real firecrackers here-notably "Crush my Soul" and "Anything is Mine". I just wish the album's weakest track (in my opinion), opener "Xnoybis", wasn't placed at the beginning. Maybe it's better that way actually, given the rest of the album is better in comparison.
20.01.2020 - 01:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by musicalkaratekid on 16.08.2015 at 01:01

Considering that the band inevitably had the one task of trying to at least produce a third effort which was on par with the first two albums, this is actually pretty good. There are moments where it's obvious Godflesh were losing their touch slightly, of course, but I think the pros outweigh the cons overall. Plus there are some real firecrackers here-notably "Crush my Soul" and "Anything is Mine". I just wish the album's weakest track (in my opinion), opener "Xnoybis", wasn't placed at the beginning. Maybe it's better that way actually, given the rest of the album is better in comparison.

Love that track, Xynobis was my original log-in name here. Love this album. It wasn't a matter of "losing their touch", but a constant shitting in approaches and intents. Pure was their "rock" album, this was their "pop" one. Viewing and distorting various styles of music through the Godflesh lens.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
20.01.2020 - 11:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by BitterCOld on 20.01.2020 at 01:24
Pure was their "rock" album, this was their "pop" one. Viewing and distorting various styles of music through the Godflesh lens.

This makes a lot of sense when you write it like that. Songs Of Love And Hate would be their hip-hop album then. Can't believe it took me so long to explore their Post-pure era. Must listen to this one next.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.09.2021 - 23:42
Rating: 9
VileVick-Bryant

Favorite track is Xnoybis.

Hits total: 5856 | This month: 6