‹‹ Back to the Musicians corner
Users visited: 29  
Search this topic:  

chronic-headache

12.12.2012 at 19:25
While I've been playing on and off for a good 6 years, I've just recently begun teaching myself how to read sheet music. I have a couple lesson books, but im looking for any good internet resources or other books. I'm using the Hal Lenord series for my lesson books.

edit: IM REFERRING TO GUITARS, sorry I failed to mention that
Boxcar Willy
*sigh*

12.12.2012 at 20:02
Your best bet is to buy *cough* torrent *cough* Guitar Pro 6, then you can download guitar pro tabs from Tab sites (I use Ultimate guitar). The guitar pro tab plays along, and has both tab and music at the same time, so you can use both.

Works well.
----
forever bummed out
ANGEL REAPER

12.12.2012 at 21:32
GP tabs? yeah! ...it works so well that even after 5 years of playing guitar still dont know the names of chords and tones....scales? fuck that ... i have better things to do with my guitar...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
chronic-headache

12.12.2012 at 21:53
Meh...I can already read tabs quite well, and while GP sounds cool, it's not what I'm looking for, unless it has a notation tutorial as well
Boxcar Willy
*sigh*

13.12.2012 at 04:04
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 12.12.2012 at 21:32

GP tabs? yeah! ...it works so well that even after 5 years of playing guitar still dont know the names of chords and tones....scales? fuck that ... i have better things to do with my guitar...

Not really, learning chords and scales is a pretty vital part of playing guitar...
----
forever bummed out
ANGEL REAPER

13.12.2012 at 11:30
Written by Boxcar Willy on 13.12.2012 at 04:04

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 12.12.2012 at 21:32

Not really, learning chords and scales is a pretty vital part of playing guitar...

well i haven't learned that and i still play guitar quite well...you know till some year or so,i didn't even know the names of the strings...(although i can read and write tabs well )
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
noelgarcia

11.05.2013 at 13:48
Hi there,

Well for learning music it is important to start with sheet music that will make your task lot easier. If you are looking to acquire free sheet music then there is certainly a good website that I found such as musicforte.com where you can select your favorite categories, format, artist and band, even some good music software as well. I think it would definitely help all the students to attain sheet music according to their choice.
ignacio9

30.05.2013 at 10:58
Hello, friend you should start with basics, if you can learn the basics of reading music then you can start learning to play offered music that you like. You can also use some method book to learn music or some instruments playing. For method books you can try www.musicforte.com. If books are not enough for you then you can also buy CD' and DVD's of instructional videos.

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.