06. Year Zero
07. Body And Blood
08. Idolatrine
09. Depth Of Satan's Eyes
10. Monstrance Clock
11. La Mantra Mori [deluxe edition bonus]
12. I'm A Marrionette [ABBA cover] [deluxe edition bonus]

Additional info
Choir performed by the St. Trident Tenors Of Tinseltown conducted by David Richard Campbell.

Staff review by
R'Vannith
Rating:
Who are Ghost B.C. and what makes their music so appealing? To be honest, when I heard their debut album I didn't think much of these questions. All I thought was that the dark aura of Mercyful Fate around their thinly concealed heart nabbed from Blue Öyster Cult tunes like "Nosferatu" was decades too late. Listening now to their second effort Infestissumam is like having a conversation with the misunderstood Casper the friendly ghost, if he were the head of a Satanic cult. Their sound is actually readily accessible, as it turns out, and completely inoffensive, if you aren't deterred by the devil fixation.

Read more ››
published 02.08.2013 | Comments (14)

Found in 46 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 62   Visited by: 1329 users
15.12.2012 - 20:04
GoldenGod2112
So excited! Ghost ftw. \m/
16.12.2012 - 12:42
Rating: 8
Wiillak
That was Go0od, It will be good, too !
22.01.2013 - 23:06
king_matt
Can't wait
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
23.01.2013 - 18:20
Jtbmetal123
Im really pumped up for this one.
09.04.2013 - 00:38
Rating: 10
HaaskAksaaH
My rate? 10 songs. each 10/10. so the result 10 out of fucking 10. It's a solid one...

Hail to PAPA and GHOULS! \m/
09.04.2013 - 12:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Extremely safe and even very bland album.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.04.2013 - 14:42
Rating: 6
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.04.2013 at 12:48

Extremely safe and even very bland album.

Agreed. A massive disappointment given all of the potential we could see in Opus Eponymous. Probably around a 5/10 from me.
09.04.2013 - 18:41
Rating: 7
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I don't think it's safe at all, this has more personality than the debut which sounded like a tribute to BOC and such. Too bad there are couple of songs of questionable quality.

BTW, isn't MS based in Estonia? Why change the band's name and mention the release date for the US?
09.04.2013 - 20:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Unhealer on 09.04.2013 at 18:41
BTW, isn't MS based in Estonia? Why change the band's name and mention the release date for the US?

I do not get this question at all. Only thing I can say is that the band had to change their name for legal reasons... What does it have to do with MS?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.04.2013 - 21:36
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.04.2013 at 20:38

Written by Unhealer on 09.04.2013 at 18:41

I do not get this question at all. Only thing I can say is that the band had to change their name for legal reasons... What does it have to do with MS?

I mean, they had to change their name in the US only as far as I know. So, with MS being based in an European country, why don't take advantage of not adding the ridiculous B.C to the name and why list the delayed release date in US (because of the "controversial" artwork)?
09.04.2013 - 22:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Unhealer on 09.04.2013 at 21:36
I mean, they had to change their name in the US only as far as I know. So, with MS being based in an European country, why don't take advantage of not adding the ridiculous B.C to the name

Until I'm proven wrong... I really don't think that's how the whole name-change issue works tbh. I'll look into it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.04.2013 - 10:20
Dylan
It's a good album, there's a a couple of tracks that were average, but it's good overall. Year Zero is my personal favourite track off the album.

Unfortunately doesn't live up to the debut.
10.04.2013 - 18:15
Vombatus
Potorro
Totally not worth it's predecessor. Some very fine tunes (like Year Zero) but too much mediocreness, sometimes with a really mixed bag (like the chorus of Ghuleh/ZombieQueen is great, yet the rest of the song is downright boring).

Fact that Opus played alot on the hype/novelty that Infestissumam no longer has may have affect it aswell.

Meh.
10.04.2013 - 18:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I was hoping this would have more Year Zero-esque tracks but going by the comments it's not looking that way.
11.04.2013 - 11:43
JamesWolfe
Not a bad Sophmore effort. The flow of the album has a good continuity, and the mix flows from song to song. Monstrance Clock completes it well, and Year Zero is for my mileage the highlight of Infetissum. This recording has a greater pop sound than Opus, but the core of the songwriting and themes stay intact for the band. While most Metal fans were expecting a harder vibe in the second offering from the band, it's refreshing to note good musicianship and songwriting don't always have to take a back seat to power chords and blastbeat drums. There is plenty of room in Metal for every kind of musical interpretation. Why not have an LSD soaked Beatles meets Kenneth Anger trip to the gates of Hell? Is there space for growth? Absolutely! However, as a fan, it's a part of the experience to watch awesome potential blossom to a kinetic force that makes the masses fly the Horns in appreciation. Many years of great music from Papa and the Ghouls!
11.04.2013 - 17:19
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Is it just me or has a certain band been listening to a lot of ABBA? And I'm not just talking about the "I'm A Marrionette" cover.
12.04.2013 - 11:55
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Are they "BC" in Europe as well? (the name change was originally just for US) And why is the release date the 16th when it's already out?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
12.04.2013 - 13:05
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by M C Vice on 12.04.2013 at 11:55

Are they "BC" in Europe as well? (the name change was originally just for US) And why is the release date the 16th when it's already out?

I think they are probably BC everywhere, otherwise it probably just gets confusing being different names in different places in this globalised economy. I still think the official release date is April 16 - it was streamed online recently, which is why people have already heard it.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
12.04.2013 - 13:11
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Ace Frawley on 12.04.2013 at 13:05

And why is the release date the 16th when it's already out?

I still think the official release date is April 16 - it was streamed online recently, which is why people have already heard it.

It's in the shops here. I've got the cd I front of me - complete with the cd artwork too "risqué" for the yanks. Haven't listened yet, though.
----
12.04.2013 - 13:49
theFIST
Written by Ace Frawley on 12.04.2013 at 13:05

I think they are probably BC everywhere, otherwise it probably just gets confusing being different names in different places in this globalised economy.

although that might be an interesting marketing strategy....
different band names at different locations could get them articles about that at various sites and lots of people mentioning the band with the name confusion
maybe they should get a name each for every continent they distribute their stuff to....
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
12.04.2013 - 20:55
Unhealer
Eclecticist

Yeah, I asked the same thing. I read an interview with a nameless ghoul yesterday confirming it, and saying that they will never call themselves "Ghost B.C" and are still trying to get that B.C removed from the US.
BTW, I also thought what if the delay on the US is just to re-print the cover artwork with the "B.C" on it, and the controversial artwork thing was just a marketing move? Does your cd have the B.C printed?
13.04.2013 - 02:27
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Unhealer on 12.04.2013 at 20:55

Yeah, I asked the same thing. I read an interview with a nameless ghoul yesterday confirming it, and saying that they will never call themselves "Ghost B.C" and are still trying to get that B.C removed from the US.
BTW, I also thought what if the delay on the US is just to re-print the cover artwork with the "B.C" on it, and the controversial artwork thing was just a marketing move? Does your cd have the B.C printed?

There's no name or title at all on the cd itself, but the cover and side both say B.C.
----
14.04.2013 - 14:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yes, quite the boring album really. Jigolo Har Megiddo and Year Zero are probably the only decent tracks here.
16.04.2013 - 11:00
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Surprised by the rating (8.9). Half the votes are 10s.
----
16.04.2013 - 12:22
Mariocalin
Perfect album, better than the last one
----
We are the priest of the temple of Synix
16.04.2013 - 13:45
Wiillak
Written by Mariocalin on 16.04.2013 at 12:22

I don't think so bro, it's heavier than previous and still is good, but last album was more beautiful and light and stick better in my mind.
16.04.2013 - 14:05
Mariocalin
Written by Wiillak on 16.04.2013 at 13:45

Written by Mariocalin on 16.04.2013 at 12:22

I don't think so bro, it's heavier than previous and still is good, but last album was more beautiful and light and stick better in my mind.

I really think the opposite. I think this is not so heavier than the old one, but it has an evil atmosphera that makes me crazy. But I agree with you, this is more "beautiful".
----
We are the priest of the temple of Synix
16.04.2013 - 22:36
MetrockickA
Not kind of heavy i was waiting for,but still there are a lot of good melodies and epic riff in it.tracks like year zero,monstrance clock ,ghuleh/zombie queen and idolatrine are very good .
i think a fresh blood is going to flow through HEAVY METAL vessels because of them, IF they make their songs and riffs heavier and louder and specially,their vocal sing some more aggressive shit . i'm gonna give them 8 from 10 good one.
17.04.2013 - 09:30
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Some interesting info about the name change: apparently B.C. stands for "bullcrap" as Ghost hates the addition to the name. Also, this article points out a cool factoid about the album art.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/04/11/ghost-bc-bullcrap/
----
17.04.2013 - 21:55
moe5512
Great album, maybe not as "black" as the debut but still as great

edit: I'm suprised to see that people don't understand that the happier a Ghost song sounds, the more evil it is

Hits total: 25382 | This month: 47